9.90 @ 72 Stock Svtf - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #31
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
A- SYZ, I quoted that run because someone said it would transfer to a 15.5 all day, when this is not the case as you can see my run was a 15.1.
I have been working trying to dial in a traction control system for the nitrous. It takes about three to four runs to dial in a gear, of which I use 3. So every weekend I get faster and faster.
No offense taken, no worries.

B- I'm not knocking a SVT^^^
however ... "Anyone can make a car go fast down the quarter with enough money and stupidity( theres a 550hp front wheel drive impala on streetfire that can go 10s) but not every car can handle well."
*I've spent far less than a typical SVT owner has
*I go on canyon runs all the time here, twisties are about knowing how to drive, not just the suspension you have in place. A little click-hiss coming out of a hard hair pin while others are spooling their turbos keeps me right with everyone BTW.

So as far as stupidity and money goes, it seemed stupid to me to buy an SVT when I could build a faster car that handled the same for a little less money. And also knock down mustangs in the quarter.

Like I said in my first post, "Thanks, you answered a ton of question for me"
I wasn't knocking the SVT its a corner-orientated-auto, I was talking about drag racing (thread topic) and why I don't run all the SVT kids in my area from the light on local roads. SVT's are a little quicker than me for the first hundred feet or so it seems but then I get em' on the top end. Not a good scenario for racing your local 45mph zone.

I usually ask the SVT forums for suspension answers so I'm def not knocking anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #32
jgustafson
Banned

Fan#: 49925
What I Drive: 2004 red SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 jgustafson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To each their own opinion
Old 04-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #33
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member

So for the record. If I was to race one of the local kids around here with an SVT, even bone stock, light to light is usually a little shorter than a true quarter mile, so the SVT might take me, right?
I run anywhere from 9.4 to 9.8 range depending on tire temp and engine temp. and bottle pressure.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #34
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
^^^ LOL I love this kid! Bit of a Napoleaonic concept! A million SVTF's in AZ wow you really must be on the lookout for em Hey man no need to justify or defend the juice literally more power to you! just don't blow up cuz cuz from the sounds of it you'll be squeezing everything out of your car and your pocket! I suppose you got that ATX zx4 used and paid $8k for how many miles? last i heard you can find a used SVT with a proper tranny for around that price or a few grand more so this "better" investement scenario you've presented doesn't register with me am i missing something...
Old 04-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

No, but close to it.. ford "z" plan, my whole family works for ford in detroit so we get fat discounts. It had 18 miles on it. And a little closer to 9 after T/T/D. And ask anyone else from the Dezert area, we have a lot of SVT's, I've seen 3 RS out here, and ZX3's are a dime a dozen. Young guys buy em' cause there is a large retirement community out here that sells them.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #36
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Actually now that I think about it, every time I go to the track I see a diffrent SVT. I would have preffered to buy an SVT or a Saleen actually. I just couldn't get one on the Z plan back in the day when I bought er'.
The SVT's are set up for the canyons I live in and the Saleen would've saved me the trouble of the whole body kit issue. When I bought it they didn't make crap for it as far as performance goes. For years I've been gettin' walked by SVT's, mustangs, Saleen, Rousch's, pretty much every other Ford product could beat my ZX4.
I don't see a lot of nitrous monsters as far as the fofo goes, so when it came time to mod my mind was already made up.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #37
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

good times for a "stock" car .... enough said
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #38
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
wait...so your running a 9.9 in the 1/8th and a mid 14 1/4th?

do you just have an evil 3rd gear?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #39
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

NO, same gear, .....

nitrous makes crazy power in the end of second gear and all the way through third.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #40
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I wanna race your car now....something seems a bit fishy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks