DESPERATE Sydney Focus Stereo upgrade!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #1
sydneyzetec
fOCUS Zetec 2.0

Fan#: 365
What I Drive: 2002 Focus Zetec - Machine Silver - 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 sydneyzetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Unhappy DESPERATE Sydney Focus Stereo upgrade!!

Hey all,

Matt your friendly resident Sydney-based Aussie here!! I need to ask one of my North American brethren (or sisters) a favour. Let me explain my little problem...

I bought my 2002 Zetec (ZX3 pretty much) with the 6000 CD stereo stock which is CD changer compatible and it is a dream to own. I recently found a fantastic deal on a Alpine 6-disc changer on Ebay, only 2 years old which cost me about $80 US. I have checked out the back of the Focus stereo, researched my stuff for 3 days straight scouring the net for something and have come to one conclusion. I can't connect the little bastard unless I get a peripheral FDASX converter from Crutchfield or sounddomain. Crutchfield, unknown to me before today (at least not in Oz anyway) seems to pop up in many of your reviews about car stereo stuff and everyone seems to love their stuff, and sure enough their price is hard to refuse for the converter ($49.95 USD). Basically, Crutchfield won't ship internationally and what I need is for somebody to possibly and quickly negotiate with me via PayPal (to save hassle) if I can buy it, ship it out to your place and then get you to post it to my place here in sydney. I'll PayPal you the shipping costs from your place to Sydney which shouldn't be too much. I just need to be able to post it somewhere in the states with a cool person i can trust and then get them to kindly send it on to me here in Sydney, Australia at my expense!!

PLEASE anybody let me know as soon as you can, I'm going on a long trip in a month and would really love that Changer installed!!!!!

Here's the crutchfield link for interest to all of you. The reason we don't get all this in Oz is because we have only had the Focus in Oz for about 10 months now, maybe 11 and there is NO market for parts here of any form, mechanical or otherwise. The 6000 CD radio is also new to us. So y'all see my problem!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...ems&i=541FDASX

By the way, I have also realised that spending money on toold to remove the radio is a WASTE. 2 minutes of cutting a wire coathangar achieved PERFECTLY free and simple results. No harm done to radio.

THANKS in advance to any sympathetic kind souls!! Cheers from Australia.

2002 Machine Silver Zetec 2.0L, Manual 3 door, ST170 Suspension, 17" ST170 Wheels, ST170 front grille, ST170 interior handles, Genuine Ford Alloy & Leather Gearknob & Handbrake, ST170 clear side indicators, Electric Blue Zetec floor mats

Last edited by sydneyzetec; 10-05-2003 at 11:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 01:19 PM   #2
bluebisz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48
What I Drive: 04 Pitch Black SVT with Euro packag

FF Reputation: 1 bluebisz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Matt, send me a pm and we can discuss the details. It wouldn't be a problem for me to get this piece to you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks