Mario Andretti Racing School - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
LouOrangeSVT
WOOT!!!

Fan#: 49056
What I Drive: 2003 CompOrange SVT 3dr

FF Reputation: 1 LouOrangeSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking Mario Andretti Racing School

I just wanted to know if anyone here had gone to the mario andretti/Jeff gordan racing school??

That was a great experience. For my birthday, my fiance took me to vegas and to the las vegas superspeed way.. there she had bought me a package were i was to drive an indy style car for 6 qualifying laps... that was the greatest thing i have ever done.. gets your adrenaline pumping like crazy.. maybe even a stiffy... it was great!! there was some tour group that went along also... since they took their time, the owner told me that i could have 4 free laps for a total of 10 since i was the only customer who bought the experience.. the tour group got theirs free from their hotel..

before this experience, i thought that F1 racers and nascar driver were not athletes... now i have so much more respect for them.. having that kind of attetion span for hours... being in a car that throws you around everywhere...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 07:08 AM   #2
SVTBishop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11582
What I Drive: My Wife

FF Reputation: 1 SVTBishop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
how much was the package?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
LouOrangeSVT
WOOT!!!

to drive it starts out at like $400...
for a ride, it starts at $75

http://www.andrettigordon.com/courses/
Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
thehubster
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
ya my dad did the richard petty driving experience at that track and he said that it was the coolest thing he has ever done. i want to do one day i just can't right now. sounds like you had fun man.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #5
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
yep, that and/or the petty experience are near the top of my list of things to do someday. and hey, maybe i'll get lucky and someone will realize i've got some talent and can wheel a car? lmao, probably not! but i can dream! glad to hear you enjoyed the experience, hopefully i'll find a girl that sweet someday!
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

i gotta ask, how was the experience being that it was only 6 laps? i mean, i've pullled these things up before, but such few laps just doesn't seem like it'd be worth the few hundred. i'd rather save up to someday do one of the longer sessions.

and the indy car...dang...i can only imagine that that's even more exillarating than the cup car. i'm a nascar fan for sure...but the open cockpit of the indycars...wow, that's got to be crazy.

after looking at their webpage, the double ride looks like it'd be one of the sweetest deals to do. 6 laps in an indy car, 8 laps in a stock car. of course though, i'd love to have $3000 to throw down for 70 laps, lol

Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
LouOrangeSVT
WOOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidsteve87 View Post
i gotta ask, how was the experience being that it was only 6 laps? i mean, i've pullled these things up before, but such few laps just doesn't seem like it'd be worth the few hundred. i'd rather save up to someday do one of the longer sessions.

and the indy car...dang...i can only imagine that that's even more exillarating than the cup car. i'm a nascar fan for sure...but the open cockpit of the indycars...wow, that's got to be crazy.

after looking at their webpage, the double ride looks like it'd be one of the sweetest deals to do. 6 laps in an indy car, 8 laps in a stock car. of course though, i'd love to have $3000 to throw down for 70 laps, lol
i ended up doin 10 laps since they gave me 4 free... it was crazy fast being in an open cockpit.. the fist lap, i was doin an average of 70 mph.. it felt so much faster since it was in the open and having peebles hit my helmet.. but the top speed i hit was 140... the instructor said that the speed he wants to hit is 150.. so i got close.. there was very little training.. actually.. there wasnt any training at all... yeah if you could, try to get more laps.. the 10 laps i did was fast, fun, but at the same time short.. it wsa a great time.. i wish i could have done a few more laps...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

sounds awesome. that'd be the biggest debate for me, "which car?!" lol, or i could just take a portion of the loan i'll be taking next year to finish college and instead...uh...bad thoughts, haha. it's amazing they'd put people in those cars without at least a few hours training!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
LouOrangeSVT
WOOT!!!

training was 15 minutes
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
saleen249
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51086
What I Drive: 2001 Focus ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 saleen249 Good Standing Member
I would LOVE to go to that... I've been a Mario Andretti fan for years... I used to be a Micharl Andretti fan until he defected to the IRL and Honda

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->