Broken Antenna - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #21
sgrieve4
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84714
Location: Severn, MD
What I Drive: 2002 white zx3

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 sgrieve4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got the base at a junk yard, now I need the mast... was thinking aftermarket. I see a lot of Focus's with broken antennas rolling down the road!
sgrieve4 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
journeyforce
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82098
Location: Baltimore, MD
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

Posts: 35
FF Reputation: 1 journeyforce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrieve4 View Post
I got the base at a junk yard, now I need the mast... was thinking aftermarket. I see a lot of Focus's with broken antennas rolling down the road!
You live in Maryland, did you try Crazy Ray's in Baltimore, Mt Airy and Laurel? They had a bunch this weekend at Laurel and I snagged a full set as a backup for $2.00 plus MD tax. Crazy Ray's is a pick it pull it yard where the prices are good

Good luck
journeyforce is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #23
Sean05
Focus Addict
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Fan#: 62491
Location: Murrieta, CA
What I Drive: 13' ST2

Posts: 591
FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I broke mine purposely taking it off. I like the look without it and I never listen to radio anyways so it's not a bother. If I ever put one back on I have a 2010 fusion shorty I'm going to put on by taping into my base I think it would look good. My dads the one that thought of it.
__________________
After asking a friend with 07 sedan if he wanted to race " I'm gonna loose! Mines not a zx4!! "
Sean05 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
bay_wolf
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79215
Location: Rolla, MO
What I Drive: 2002 White Wagon

Posts: 238
FF Reputation: 2 bay_wolf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. I posted a how to here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255932
bay_wolf is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #25
jennyinafocus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85196
Location: Fargo, ND
What I Drive: 2001 Toreador Red SE Comfort

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 jennyinafocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question

My antenna just broke off too on my 2001 when my husband took it through a car wash! I have a few more questions for anyone who can answer them. The base appears to be intact so can I just replace the actual antenna? Can I replace my long antenna with a stubby? Would I have to make modifications to do that? I just like the look but mostly I want it to perform well. I like the idea of going to the junkyard... we have some good ones around here and I need a replacement part for my window which broke (again). Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated!
jennyinafocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:38 AM   #26
bay_wolf
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79215
Location: Rolla, MO
What I Drive: 2002 White Wagon

Posts: 238
FF Reputation: 2 bay_wolf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyinafocus View Post
My antenna just broke off too on my 2001 when my husband took it through a car wash! I have a few more questions for anyone who can answer them. The base appears to be intact so can I just replace the actual antenna? Can I replace my long antenna with a stubby? Would I have to make modifications to do that? I just like the look but mostly I want it to perform well. I like the idea of going to the junkyard... we have some good ones around here and I need a replacement part for my window which broke (again). Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated!
As long as the base isn't broken, you can install either a short antenna or a regular long one. Also, if you still have the long antenna you can cut it into a short one instead of buying a new one (there's a guide around here somewhere). I had a short antenna on my wagon for about 6 months before the ice broke it (and the base) off of it. The reception was on par with the long antenna but I could definitely tell a difference.

Also
bay_wolf is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
jennyinafocus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85196
Location: Fargo, ND
What I Drive: 2001 Toreador Red SE Comfort

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 jennyinafocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_wolf View Post
As long as the base isn't broken, you can install either a short antenna or a regular long one. Also, if you still have the long antenna you can cut it into a short one instead of buying a new one (there's a guide around here somewhere). I had a short antenna on my wagon for about 6 months before the ice broke it (and the base) off of it. The reception was on par with the long antenna but I could definitely tell a difference.

Also
We don't have the old one but it sounds like it will be an easy (and cheap) fix anyway!

Maybe I'm being dull here but are you saying you prefer the long or short antenna as far as reception goes? I need a good signal most of all to get my AM station in.

Thanks!!
jennyinafocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
MacAttack
Focus Addict
 
MacAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79365
Location: Reading, PA
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

Posts: 1,011
FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyinafocus View Post
We don't have the old one but it sounds like it will be an easy (and cheap) fix anyway!

Maybe I'm being dull here but are you saying you prefer the long or short antenna as far as reception goes? I need a good signal most of all to get my AM station in.

Thanks!!
If you listen to the radio a lot, you may want to stick with the stock antenna. The last short one I had (broke off, just ordered a new one) had much worse reception. But for me, that's fine as I never listen to the radio.
MacAttack is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #29
bay_wolf
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Fan#: 79215
Location: Rolla, MO
What I Drive: 2002 White Wagon

Posts: 238
FF Reputation: 2 bay_wolf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyinafocus View Post
We don't have the old one but it sounds like it will be an easy (and cheap) fix anyway!

Maybe I'm being dull here but are you saying you prefer the long or short antenna as far as reception goes? I need a good signal most of all to get my AM station in.

Thanks!!
Shorty Antenna is worse reception. If you listen to a lot of radio then you probably should just stick with the long one.
bay_wolf is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #30
kevinrs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Fan#: 66469
Location: Littlerock, CA
What I Drive: 2000, Green SE

Posts: 45
FF Reputation: 1 kevinrs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
anyone have a low cost source for the OEM mast?
My antenna isn't quite broken off, 2000 focus SE my problem isn't the snow most seem to have had, but sun and heat. Reception has gotten bad, and the plastic on the spring part of the antenna is cracked and falling off. The antenna is closer to the roof now.

I've also got to get a dome light bezel, and the visor clip, but those are relatively cheap(9.98, 2.00) even at the list price the local dealer will likely charge. The list for the mast is now 34.36
kevinrs is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
broken antenna svt medic MK1 Focus 40 01-21-2012 09:48 AM
Make Your Own Shorty Antenna S2 MK1 Focus 100 10-14-2008 08:27 AM
Broken Antenna mounting post bigb7000 MK1 Focus 15 09-06-2008 06:33 PM
broken antenna? sstfocus MK1 Focus 2 08-07-2006 01:33 PM
How To: Make Your Own Shorty Antenna S2 MK1 Focus 2 08-24-2005 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.