Somethings wrong.. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2003, 03:02 AM   #1
Red RocketZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 424
What I Drive: 2001 Infra Red Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Red RocketZx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Somethings wrong..

Alright. Recently my focus has been having what seems to be electrical probs. what its doing is this, i'll be driving down the road and then out of nowhere it acts like im restarting the damn thing at 45 mph. then at night it will do this even more cause the headlights are on and it makes them dim on and off and all my dash lights come on then off. took it to the shop cause its been there for this before and the guy thought it was my chip. i think he doesnt know what hes talking about and doesnt want to fix my car for free. but have any of you guys had this problem? im having to drive my old taurus station wagon right now and its killing me. i miss my baby. and they dont have any idea whats wrong. grrr :(

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2003, 03:17 AM   #2
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
well when you take a car in for service you are supposed to remove the chip anyway, they should never have to know it was there, and this would also tell you if it was the chip or not, sounds like an alternator/battery problem but im no expert
Old 10-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #3
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
yeah.. you would hate to be honest with the dealer.. that would just be wrong. Lie and cheat and steal.. thats the only way to live
ST crew #18
Old 10-04-2003, 11:22 PM   #4
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

its not lying, it is reccomended for technical reasons so the car returns back to the stock programing and they can then tell what is really wrong w/ the car, and if it is the chip or not causing the problem, ask ANY seller, RAY @ My ford performance, Focus Sport, anyone who knows what they are talking about, it is not lying its logical!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 12:19 AM   #5
John
Banned

Fan#: 333
What I Drive: InfaRed Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 John Good Standing Member
ya gotta agree with mofocus on this one. but goddamn that things a real pain in the ass to change out.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:52 AM   #6
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

haha or you could just get a Ford Chip
Old 10-05-2003, 12:58 AM   #7
Red RocketZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 424
What I Drive: 2001 Infra Red Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Red RocketZx3 Good Standing Member
the car has been in the shop for this exact same problem. and i thought that they fixed it cause it didnt do it for a real long time. but then once it started getting colder outside it started. my dad and i checked the battery and alternator and they seem fine. but i still miss my car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.