water in oil from CAI??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
FocusonthisZTS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2891
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 FocusonthisZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question water in oil from CAI???

Hello everyone I have another huge problem now. I just had the recall on the fuel pump fixed on my car about a week ago. The first one they put in shorted out 4 days later. Towed it back to dealer and had another put in. Then a half hour after they put the second one in my car quit again. It was like it just started to lose power and I couldnt give it gas. It started up after that but the rpm just kept going up and then down so far that it just stalled. Same thing it did when fuel pump shorted out the first time. so of course I thought it was the same prob. Come to find out they tell me the next day that I have water in my oil and it has been sucked in from the cold air intake. They are charging me almost $300 just to tear the engine apart to see if it can even be fixed. If not I am stuck buying a new engine. Does this sound right? I NEVER had a problem before they replaced the fuel filter. The intake has been on my car for 2 and a half years. any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
bryanjw82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Its a line of crap, and your gonna pay for it by taking it back to the dealer with that cai on your car. You should of taken it off if you know you would have to take it to them with a problem to be fixed. They will always blame your aftermarket equipment.
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Old 05-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
staticprevails4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2692
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 staticprevails4 Good Standing Member
yea dealerships do anything to try to get out of footing the bill. I had a 95 Grand Prix and one night I was pulling into a Quickcheck parking lot and the last to spider gears broke apart and blew a hole in the bottom of the tranny. So I had it towed and the dealership was going to deny it being covered by my extended warrenty because there was and I quite "excessive rubber on the bottom of the car". they were trying to say that all I must have done was do a burn out everytime I starting moving. Lucily one of the service writers and a mechanic there stuck up for me and told the warrenty guy to blow it out his a$$ and they covered it. but it was a pain.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention."
Old 05-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
smoknzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2599
What I Drive: you crazy!

FF Reputation: 1 smoknzx3 Good Standing Member
This is posted in the wrong area. Did you have a by pass valve instaled on the CAI? This is the chance you take with a CAI. As stupid as the dealers are it still will be your fault in the end.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:19 PM   #5
FocusonthisZTS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2891
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 FocusonthisZTS Good Standing Member
OOPS....didnt mean to post in wrong aea. Just thought to ask others opinions and forgot where I was. Anyways, I dont know crap about these things. They could tell me anything and I wouldnt know the difference. I am a girl so of course they are going to think I dont know anything and take advantage of me. Sad thing is, I really dont know anything. My boyfriend had put all the mods on my car and he is now long gone. So here I am. I shouldve have taken it off before I went to the dealer no doubt, the funny thing is It wasnt raining that day I picked my car up so where did the water come from? How long does it take for the engine to quit when there water in it. They wont even give me a staight answer as to how my engine got that way, only, water got sucked in through the CAI and the cylinders have no compression.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Was there any steam coming out the exhaust ?

I know when I blew my head gasket on my VW Rabbit, it started to emit a fog of steam because of the water getting in to the engine.

You might want to take it to a shop other than Ford dealers and see what they find.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:33 PM   #7
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
The dealers are just trying to be honest. They get paid by Ford to fix warrantees. So they get paid by Ford, or get paid by you. This is why they probly aren't making it up. Every one thinks the dealers try to screw you. Sure some are better than others. But why should they cover YOUR ass for your mistakes? How about taking responsability at your choice of the CAI? You should have known the risks before you put it on. And to put stock parts back on to cover your butt is just plain dishonest and makes the price of cars go up for every one. Everyone here complains how Ford cuts corners to save a buck. Maybe this is a reason why??
ST crew #18
Old 05-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #8
yankkesrule
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6288
FF Reputation: 1 yankkesrule Good Standing Member
no thats not why
Old 05-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #9
averad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7135
What I Drive: 2002 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 averad Good Standing Member
vanace maby in a perfict world ishurance would be honest but in this life its not.

I work for an inshurance company and just like any company were out to MAKE money. Ford will blam anything to void your warenty. Don have prof you had your oil changed on time VOID, replaced a part with a non certified part VOID or maby you arnt driving your car the way the manual states to and you made some crazy comment about how you like to red line it ok VOID.

Its in there best interest to get the consumer to pay for the parts if possible. I work in health inshurance and deal with everything from workers comp claims, auto to devorces etc. Here is a test to see how the blame gets passed. Tell your health inshurance company you fell at home tripped and landed on your car. Your inshurance company is going to tell you its auto related and you need to submit to your auto inshurance. Then call your auto inshurance and tell them you fell on your work car which is inshured through your employer there going to tell you they wont process unless your rec a denial from workers comp, then call workers comp and see how fun that is because they deny most claim off the bat with a general denial which isnt a formal denial and your auto wont accept it so you have to go through an appeals process etc.

ITS MONEY and they want yours no matter how nice they seem they wanna get paid. Your warenty is through an inshurance company that has guidelines and documentaion they follow to get the best result for there money. I took my gf kia into the shop under warenty explained that her driver power window cuts out periodicly and random and I would like it fix or replaced. They said they would look at it. A day later I get a call explaining there isnt anything wrong and they refus to replace any parts unless I can prove its cutting out. I asked what tests they ran and they said the rolled it up and dow a few times and pulled the door panel open and watched it. I aksed if they tested any electrical they states no because its working fine. To make this short unless I can immedently drive to there shop when the window fails they will not replace anything under warenty though they said if I feel so shure its broken I can pay for the motor cost and have it installed.

Underwarenty the dealerhship eats the cost as a write off and thats a no no for them.

Last edited by averad; 05-20-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #10
hodgenpodg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3852
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZTS PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 hodgenpodg Good Standing Member
just out of curiousity focusonthisZTS is your car a pzev?

Bookmarks & Social Networks