Forza 6 News and Speculation - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Gaming Fanatics

Gaming Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest video games, cheats, strategies and consoles.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
boostedbeast
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 51652
What I Drive: 2004 Sangria Red ZX3

Points 56, Level 1
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 1 boostedbeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Forza 6 News and Speculation

Microsoft and Ford Unveil Ford GT as the Cover Car for "Forza Motorsport 6" Debuting Exclusively on Xbox One

Ford's new line of performance vehicles will star in Microsoft's newest and most advanced racing game.

DETROIT – Jan. 12, 2015 – Microsoft, Turn 10 Studios and Ford unveiled their new collaboration today at the North American International Auto Show, announcing the all-new Ford GT ultra-high performance supercar as the featured cover car in the next iteration of the acclaimed racing simulation franchise for Xbox, "Forza Motorsport 6," launching exclusively on Xbox One.

The GT serves as a technology showcase for Ford with its ultra-efficient EcoBoost engine performance, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction. It begins arriving in dealerships in select markets globally late next year.

In addition, the companies revealed that Ford's performance vehicle line-up will appear in "Forza Motorsport 6." This includes the GT, Shelby® GT350 Mustang and F-150 Raptor debuted by Ford earlier today at the auto show. As "First in Forza" vehicles, global fans will have the opportunity to virtually experience the cars when they debut in "Forza Motorsport 6," available exclusively for Xbox One.

"It is an honor to share this historic moment with Ford and celebrate the legacy of the GT by making it the featured cover car of 'Forza Motorsport 6,'" said Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox. "We're thrilled to have the unique opportunity to announce 'Forza Motorsport 6' the day the car debuts – on one of the biggest stages in the automotive industry, and we can't wait to share more details on the game later this year."

"Forza Motorsport," developed exclusively for Xbox, is the highest-rated racing series of the past decade, according to Metacritic. Developed by Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios, the series combines the industry's leading next-gen graphics and simulation engines and has become the most played next generation racing simulation on Xbox One.

"The Ford GT is the ultimate execution of an enthusiast supercar, delivering ultra-efficient EcoBoost performance, driver-centric technology and lightweight carbon fiber construction," said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. "Working with Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios allows us to share our all-new GT supercar with an unprecedented global audience, giving fans an opportunity to virtually experience the beauty, thrill and innovation of Ford's performance line-up."

A pioneer of the global automotive industry, Ford is a leader in innovation. GT showcases material and technology innovations to help better serve drivers, such as active aerodynamics, lightweighting with a carbon-fiber passenger cell and carbon-ceramic brake discs and a next-generation EcoBoost engine that produces more than 600 horsepower.

"Just as Ford has pushed the boundaries of car technology in GT, 'Forza Motorsport 6' will embrace that spirit of innovation as our most technically advanced racing simulation to date, offering a fun and realistic automotive experience for both car lovers and gamers," said Dan Greenawalt, creative director at Turn 10 Studios. "We're excited to unveil gameplay at E3 in June."

More details on "Forza Motorsport 6" and Ford GT news can be found at news.xbox.com and media.ford.com, respectively. Media assets for "Forza Motorsport 6" can be found at news.xbox.com/media.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
boostedbeast
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 56, Level 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 11%

Last edited by boostedbeast; 01-14-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
boostedbeast
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 56, Level 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Old 01-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
CloDevious
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 213297
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE, 1972 Mustang Mach 1

Points 136, Level 2
Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 1 CloDevious Good Standing Member
Ugh why must they make 6 why can't they just add it to 5.... I won't be done with 5 by then...
Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
MCPunk79
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89690
What I Drive: 2004 ScreamingYellow Ford Focus SVT

Points 1,374, Level 20
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 2 MCPunk79 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloDevious View Post
Ugh why must they make 6 why can't they just add it to 5.... I won't be done with 5 by then...
^^^ This…

Or add it to Horizon 2… come on!!
2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT #661 SOLD
2004 Screaming Yellow Ford Focus SVT#1522
2006 Wicked White Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
2008 Grabber Orange Ford Mustang (Roush Stage 3)
Old 01-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
CloDevious
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 213297
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE, 1972 Mustang Mach 1

Points 136, Level 2
Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2 Points: 136, Level: 2
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 1 CloDevious Good Standing Member
Yeah, I kinda stopped playing 5 horizons 2 has been entertaining me
Old 01-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #7
MCPunk79
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89690
What I Drive: 2004 ScreamingYellow Ford Focus SVT

Points 1,374, Level 20
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 2 MCPunk79 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloDevious View Post
Yeah, I kinda stopped playing 5 horizons 2 has been entertaining me
Same here… I like the free roam of Horizon… just wish it had more cars…

but the gameplay and the way the cars handle, I enjoy far better than F5...
2002 Sonic Blue Ford Focus SVT #661 SOLD
2004 Screaming Yellow Ford Focus SVT#1522
2006 Wicked White Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX
2008 Grabber Orange Ford Mustang (Roush Stage 3)
Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #8
boostedbeast
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 56, Level 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
I like the tuning aspect of the Forza series. I look forward to FM6 being even more technical than the previous entries. It would be cool if they could somehow merge the games where you can build a track beast, drive it from track to track, race it on a circuit/dragstrip/etc. and then drive it home. Best of both worlds.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
04ZTSJelf
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100701
What I Drive: 04 2.3 Sedan

Points 1,415, Level 21
Points: 1,415, Level: 21 Points: 1,415, Level: 21 Points: 1,415, Level: 21
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 04ZTSJelf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
FM5 got boring too quick. Short races and no real goal. I hope 6 is more like the old ones.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
boostedbeast
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 56, Level 1
Level Up 12% Completed
Forum Activity 11%
Here's my Forza 6 "I wants" list:

- Catastrophic failures. I've been wanting engine failures for a while now or at least something a little more unexpected that could put you out of a race. How about an OVERHAUL option that you have to purchase to keep your race engine pristine? There will always be the choice of turning simulation damage off, of course. I bet the drag racers would agree with this one.

- Boost controllers. This is based on my desire to build a 1,500hp Gallardo TT, but it also goes back to idea of engine failures. If I want to turn my boost all the way up and risk grenading my engine, so be it.

- Certain cars should be unattainable until you play for a while. I want to start off driving a Fiesta and not be able to own a McLaren P1 in the first week of playing. I enjoy the struggle of racing to purchase one part to give the car just a little more performance. That way each car and its performance upgrades mean something.

- Bring back the realistic economy. If I win a Ferrari in a race and want to sell it, it should be worth at least part of the new sale price, not 100 credits. Same goes for Auction House purchases. Rewards should feel like rewards.

- Parts prices should be realistic. Coilovers on a Lambo cost a lot more than a Focus just as a full titanium exhaust would cost more than a SS catback. Also, if I want to reduce weight, I should only be charged PI and not money.

- I haven't played FM5 yet, but I want the social aspect present in FM4. I want car clubs, I want Rivals mode. In fact, I would love a Rivals mode FOR car clubs. This comes from my fond memories of the FJ/LMG Focus vs. Lotus series.

- There's been mention of the game being more technical. Well, let's see it! Moar tuning options! Moar aero options! Dare I say widebody kits even. The top time attack cars have all this stuff.

- Cars should show their mods while in the garage. If I set the front camber to -6°, you should see the wheel cocked out. Same with any other visual mods. I assume they did this in FM5, because they got it mostly right in FM4.

- Dirt. I want my racecar to get dirty. I also want to be able to pay to clean it off like in the early Gran Turismo games.

- I want to be able to preview tunes before you buy them online. This way there's no "top 100"-claiming tunes with 22" Giovanni wheels on them. It would be even better if you could test drive them beforehand.

- Storefront message boards. I want to be able to give people a heads-up on what's coming next or give them a general idea about my SF items.

There's a start to my wants list. Please feel free to add your own.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.