I'm giving up on the Focus... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
EMAN44
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10609
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatch SE sport 203A

FF Reputation: 4 EMAN44 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
I'm giving up on the Focus...

I haven't been on here much the last few weeks, and there is a good reason. I'm slowly getting out of the Focus game, and turning my attention elsewhere. I haven't done much to my car since the last time ya'll have seen it, all I've added was a Roush front bumper. I've successfully sold my turbo kit a couple weeks back, and I'm proceeding to sell off all the parts off of the car. Why this change of heart all of a sudden you might ask?? Well besides several mechanical issues with the Fofo, I've just realized that even if I dropped extra cash into the Focus' engine bay, I still won't be as quick as say a SRT4 or MS3.

The mechanical issues are pretty much minor, but I'm fed up with all of them.
1. Still having popping sounds from front suspension, even after shop "fixed" the problem, every time I make slow turns (like in a parking lot) I keep hearing pops. Apparently my Focus doesn't like my Tein/Eibach suspension parts.
2. Out of the blue, my trunk hatch latch decides it doesn't want to lock closed. Of course there was a recall on certain latches, but since my car is from GA, it doesn't apply (mostly Northern state cars apply). So I'm forced to pay around $200 for a new latch because my old one is broke. I could understand this problem if my car had some miles on it, but cars with 47K miles should have doors that latch properly!!!!
3. The car seems very sluggish lately as well. Let me say that I maintain my cars, maybe not the exterior (wash, wax, etc...), but mechanically I keep up on the stuff that needs to be done. Only Royal Purple synthetic oil goes in my car, at every 3000 miles. I have Royal Purple Synchromax in the tranny that was changed at around 29K miles. Belts have been changed, fuel filter, oil filters, coolant flush, you name it I've probably done it. But that still not enough to keep the car running healthy. I give up.
4. CEL keeps coming on, which is my fault for putting a straight, no-cat, exhaust on my car. But I do have a CEL cheater harness that "should" work, but it doesn't.

Besides the mechanical problems, the car is producing way to many creaks and groans for a 47K mile car. Car still drives like it's on rails, but it's still loud and bumpy even with the new Eibachs I've installed. The road noise and exhaust noise is close to unbearable at this point. Some people that don't know me might think that I'm some old guy that doesn't enjoy his bones being rattled. I'm freakin' 23, and I'm getting sick of road noise?? After test driving some cars the past few weeks, I'm know that I'm ditching the Focus, and getting something else.

As soon as I get out of training I'm trading my car in for something better. I've driven a 07 MS3, 07 MS6, 07 Caliber SRT4, 05 SRT4, 08 C30, 08 Yaris, 08 Focus Coupe, 06 Evo, 05 WRX, and a 06 Mazda 3. All these cars, even the used ones and the Yaris, just feel better than my car. What I'm settling on is probably the MS3 or the Caliber SRT4.

But to clear things out, I'm not bashing the Focus or the Focus world. I'm only bashing my Focus, the car I fell in love with 5 years ago. This forum is my most visited site in the past 5 years no doubt. You guys and gals have provided awesome support, answers, and ideas to last me another 5 to 10 years! The people I've met on here and at meets are all kick ass people and I've made a bunch of friends. After looking at other forums online, this one is quite simple on top in terms of people, organization, and functionality. I'll def. be back to ask any car questions I might have. Thanks FocusFanatics for all the years of sweetness!

Now, with all that emotional mumbo jumbo out of the way, I'll slowly but surely be taking off all the parts I've put on the car and returning it too stock. For all of you that know my car, pm me about what you like on it and we'll work out a price. Also be on the lookout in the marketplace for my parts list. Take car everybody, enjoyed shootin' the shit with ya'll!!

Emanuel

EX Zetec Crew #44 2003 Focus ZX3 -- RIP
Sonic Crew #24 -- 2012 Focus HB SE - Traded
Upgraded Sonic Crew #24 -- 2014 Focus ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
your not alone..
Old 12-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
how much for the car like it sits? what are all the mods currently? i have a friend in need of a car...

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Good luck with whatever you plan to do. My Focus has 62K and is a 03 and it also has some moans & creaks but I don't even pay attention to them anymore.

Don't be a stranger and come back and visit us every once and a while
Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
jmotank
"Party Pic WHORE"

Fan#: 10320
What I Drive: 2005 pitch black zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 jmotank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
hate to see ya go man but i completely understand. let me know what you got to sell. LOL
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
MBRP exhaust, SRI, BFG G-Force sports, Steeda STS, painted stock rims, 1 12" diamond audio D6 sub, 3201T audiobahn amp, JVC headunit, Kicker 6X8's, 2 Farad cole cap, FC front strut bar, under body LED kit
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #6
Kyllgore
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1506
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 MTX pitch black,

FF Reputation: 1 Kyllgore Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i have an '03 with about 55k, road noise is there,
and a few weird vibrations, but that's why I have a 12"
solobaric in the hatch and a stereo,
foci are just noisy cars
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
my vote for the next car would be a WRX but then again im a lil biased. i love my WRX as its an absolute blast all the time. not to mention 220awhp is only 600 bucks away! good luck with your next car!

Matt
Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Spinal
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45687
What I Drive: 2007, Vermillion Red, ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 29 Spinal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
maybe it was just being played around with too much lol...my dad has an 03 zx5 with 130,000KMS on it. no noises, CELs, or anything really. although for some reason it leaks radiator coolant lol, not a lot only a few drops, its very strange.
Last Of The Hatches #44
Old 12-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #9
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Memberloudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Sucks to see you leave the focus world.......I'm sure you remember me from the myrtle beach g2g last summer. Don't be a stranger around here man, I hope to see you post up on here from time to time. Definately make a thread with pics of your new car once you get it. Take it easy buddy.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #10
EMAN44
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10609
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatch SE sport 203A

FF Reputation: 4 EMAN44 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Yeah I still remember you and your SPI loud. You had probably my favorite SPI on here for sure.

Gonzo, I'm not selling the car yet, just the parts off of it. It's totally paid off, but I still need a ride till I get back from Ft. Leonard Wood in Feb. 09. I'll still be a fanatic, just a stock fanatic. I'm also going to likely trade in the car, even though I'd get more money from privately selling it though...

Emanuel
EX Zetec Crew #44 2003 Focus ZX3 -- RIP
Sonic Crew #24 -- 2012 Focus HB SE - Traded
Upgraded Sonic Crew #24 -- 2014 Focus ST

Bookmarks & Social Networks