Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 98 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #971
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,800, Level 82
Points: 16,800, Level: 82 Points: 16,800, Level: 82 Points: 16,800, Level: 82
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrst2.3 View Post
Hi,every focus fan out there.I purchesed my ST new in 07 still runnin strong iv done some mods to it since then,KnN ColdAir Intake and Upper front and rear stress bars,I put some custome made leds under front street appearence packedge and also on the side black mesh inserts by markerlights.its lookn good.Ordered tfb Designs side skirt decals and Im in the process of gettn those sweet ford racing rally wheels and a 2.5 in drop cup suspension kit from fswerks.Wishin an savin for that turbo kit
cool! welcome to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrst2.3 View Post
Dude! whats up with the street appearence package your st doesnt have it! nice ride but you got ripped off with that ST!.I Also got mine in AZ.
who are you talking to? lol
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #972
fordplay2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80578
What I Drive: 2001, Liquid Grey S2

FF Reputation: 1 fordplay2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just got a focus about 2 months ago, so I'm pretty new to the scene. I have always had mustangs so this is a pretty big change. I'm liking it so far.... I have a 2001 s2 with a few things done, and now im getting the itch to do more. Glad i found a good place to find info.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #973
blackbumpinfocus93
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80510
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 blackbumpinfocus93 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordplay2 View Post
Just got a focus about 2 months ago, so I'm pretty new to the scene. I have always had mustangs so this is a pretty big change. I'm liking it so far.... I have a 2001 s2 with a few things done, and now im getting the itch to do more. Glad i found a good place to find info.
Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it!
Team Duratec #61
Sedan Revolution #134
2008+ SES #017
"Doing a drag race in an automatic is like running a 100M sprint in your wellies, full of tadpoles."- Jeremy Clarkson
Old 11-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #974
ProspectiveBuyer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80875
What I Drive: carless right now

FF Reputation: 1 ProspectiveBuyer Good Standing Member
Hi there! I'm a newbie to this forum and a newbie to Fords in general. Looking into buying a used 2001 Focus with 109,000 miles. I've been browsing this site and haven't seen anyone who has more than 150,000 miles on their Focus. Can you get 175 - 200k miles out of a Focus??

My last car was a 2002 Honda Civic. I put 125,000 miles on it and never had to do anything except routine maintenance... though it did need new shocks when it was totaled in an accident a month ago. I like the Focus because it's sporty, fun to drive, good gas mileage... and a lot more affordable than the Civic. But I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the reliability.

Advice? Suggestions? Thanks!!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #975
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,800, Level 82
Points: 16,800, Level: 82 Points: 16,800, Level: 82 Points: 16,800, Level: 82
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveBuyer View Post
Hi there! I'm a newbie to this forum and a newbie to Fords in general. Looking into buying a used 2001 Focus with 109,000 miles. I've been browsing this site and haven't seen anyone who has more than 150,000 miles on their Focus. Can you get 175 - 200k miles out of a Focus??

My last car was a 2002 Honda Civic. I put 125,000 miles on it and never had to do anything except routine maintenance... though it did need new shocks when it was totaled in an accident a month ago. I like the Focus because it's sporty, fun to drive, good gas mileage... and a lot more affordable than the Civic. But I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the reliability.

Welcome to the site!

there are plenty of people on here in the 150,000 to 200K range with their Foci. as long as the owner maintains it, the sky is the limit.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #976
fordplay2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80578
What I Drive: 2001, Liquid Grey S2

FF Reputation: 1 fordplay2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveBuyer View Post

My car has about 155 K on it. It still runs very strong and no leaks either.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #977
lightning2nd
love my red focus

Fan#: 54938
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX4 SES w/SAP

Points 1,324, Level 20
Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 lightning2nd Good Standing Member
welcome to the site
member of Focus Nation / Sedan Revolution#105 / Sap Crew#23 / Team Duratec#189 / Midwest Crew#31
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #978
Cygnus_x_1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80999
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Cygnus_x_1 Good Standing Member
old fart but focus newb here. picked up an 02 SVT last month, and have been lurking a bit. swore i would never drive front wheel drive, but so far i am having a blast with the SVT. tons of great info on this site.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #979
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Welcome to the Dark Side!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #980
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
I am new to this site, but have had my 2001 Focus ZX3 for around six and a half years now. I bought it used from a dealership with 40,000 miles on it at the time. At this point, I am up at 115,400 miles, and while I am having some minor transmission problems, the car runs as well as can be expected here in New York State.

What I mean by this is that between the damned Ethanol that is added to the gas, plus the cold weather, it can run a bit rough in cold weather. I suspect the original owner also tried to tweak with the automatic transmission settings since it will occasionally threaten to stall when I am on an on-ramp to a highway(I manually switch to second gear to avoid stalling).

Mine also needs new struts, but that is another issue that is just related to normal wear.

ProspectiveBuyer:
For anyone buying a used Focus, just be careful about things like that. You might not know ahead of time how well or poorly the previous owner(s) treated the car. If you check the history and find the person you are buying from was the second owner, then you may find that the original owner treated it poorly, traded in for a new model after three years, and then had a second owner that also didn't treat it well.

I am not saying the car you are looking at won't run well, but you need to think about these things before you buy a used car. Also, check if the AC works since at this time of year, you may not think about it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.