Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 206 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #2051
ztwwagon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114767
What I Drive: 2003 Light Tundra ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 ztwwagon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi I'm Ethan and I drive a 2003 Focus wagon. The previous owner had mentioned that he had been trying to sell the car on focus fanatics. When I got the car i figured that I would check it out.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #2052
RaceRed_in_CO
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 123409
What I Drive: 2012, Race Red, SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 RaceRed_in_CO Good Standing Member
Talking Hello from Colorado!

Hello everyone,

My name's David. I've been lurking for over a month and decided to join since I've had my Race Red '12 SEL HB for a little over a month. I was in the market for a new car because my wife and I had a baby in March and her '06 Scion xA was way too small for road trips and my lanky 6'2" frame didn't fit in the back with the baby very well at all.

I come from a line of Volvo cars, I still drive my 1998 V70 Base and I've had an '03 XC90 but the trans failed completely twice in a 3 year period.

I absolutely love this FoFo we got, it holds all of our stuff and the back seat is pretty roomy if I have to sit back there! We've tried to do a day-trip here in Colorado every weekend so far and I have to say, I'm one of the lucky ones when it comes to the DCT, I think mine functions perfectly and it drives and handles in the mountains supremely. I just wish it had a turbo to compensate for the altitude.

The story behind buying this car was that we were very interested in a Black with Black lether '09 Volvo S80 T6 which is an amazing car, comfortable luxury with 300HP stock. The financing wouldn't work out and we were about to leave the dealership when the salesman showed us this Beautiful Focus that was a trade-in. It had only 6,200 miles on it, which I calculated to be about 15 tanks of gas. It was barely used at all, there was almost no sign of use anywhere on the car; it was perfect!

At first I was a little put-off by the color(I've only had white or gray cars); Race Red is a brilliant and blinding color, but I've grown to absolutely love it. It's so easy to find our car in a parking lot now!

I don't have any intent on modifications past tinting the windows and getting a roof rack for road-trips. I may look into getting some Volvo Pegasus replicas for some winter tires, those wheels are amazing, I love 5-Spoke wheels, and those look great on a FoFo!

Sorry for the long intro, but that's what I'm into at this point.

Here's some photos!

Last edited by RaceRed_in_CO; 11-19-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: *Add Title*
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2053
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

Points 2,426, Level 29
Points: 2,426, Level: 29 Points: 2,426, Level: 29 Points: 2,426, Level: 29
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
If you want to see a focus with pegasus wheels, user Twenty has been running that as his summer setup for the last year or so... Looks hot!

Sent from SGH-I747M Via Tapatalk 4
2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283 | Sonic's MK3 Crew #29
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Old 11-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #2054
RaceRed_in_CO
Focus Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleGeek View Post
If you want to see a focus with pegasus wheels, user Twenty has been running that as his summer setup for the last year or so... Looks hot!

Awesome, I'll check it out!

Sharing some of a Volvo Platform is what helped me to buy this car. I love Volvo, but the newer ones are too expensive for my budget at this point. But I could definitely afford some Volvo wheels, haha!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #2055
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

Points 2,426, Level 29
Points: 2,426, Level: 29 Points: 2,426, Level: 29 Points: 2,426, Level: 29
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
His is a yellow blaze sedan, but having seen it in person, i have to admit, i like it.... And i understand about things being too expensive for the budget... Welcome, you'll find this is a really good community, most are pretty friendly, all are focus minded, and we all are focus fanatics! ;-)

2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE | Sedan Revolution #283 | Sonic's MK3 Crew #29
1984 Copper Metallic Ford Mustang LX
Old 11-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #2056
RaceRed_in_CO
Focus Rookie

I actually did see that thread before. I think that's what gave me the idea!

Now, If I can figure out how to swap a Volvo driver's seat, I'll be set! Probably not, but that's what makes each car unique, if they feel the same then what's the point? Haha!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #2057
ford_girl
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 123641
What I Drive: '02 dark blue zx3 hatch back manual

Points 95, Level 1
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 ford_girl Good Standing Member
new person

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and new to the car owning world. I just bought my 2002 FF on Friday and already replaced the driver side bearing hubcap axle also the driver side window. Soon I will be replacing the alternator so I can get it smoged. I have a big vision of what I want it to look like once I have the money to do it. I want to tent the windows, completely re-do the interior, smoke out the tail lights and head lights, plastidip the wheels. Haha but that'll all have to wait for me to get some more money.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #2058
ATEC Adhis
Banned

Fan#: 120473
What I Drive: 2010 Metallic Silver Ford Edge

FF Reputation: 1 ATEC Adhis Good Standing Member
Smile Hi

I am a Focus Fanatics sorta guest... I am Carolyne and I own a 2010 Ford Edge... nice site
Old 11-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #2059
sootsme
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119851
What I Drive: 2000 black Focus LX

FF Reputation: 1 sootsme Good Standing Member
Newbie in SLC area

Hi all,
Actually my daughter's car: 2000 LX 2.0 SPI 5 speed. Just replaced fuel pump (recall expired just before she got it...) Awaiting arrival of PCV tube, now wondering why acceleration is very poor...was fine prior to pump replacement.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #2060
ctrbeas6567
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 124473
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 ctrbeas6567 Good Standing Member
New to site

Good day hope can get some advice drive 2012 focus SE 86,000 miles I drive 145 miles a day to and from work car been great for a year now at interstate speeds 73mph trans stops pulling completely like when to neutral dealer did reprogram and next day same problem car back at dealer now said may know something Monday anyone else experienced this? Kinda scary when you trying to get off road with no pulling power stopped put in park turned car off cracked back up worked fine again both times and no warning lights ever came on please help if you have advise

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.