Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 198 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #1971
ssiberiankiss
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116944
What I Drive: 2007 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ssiberiankiss Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Greetings fellow Focus-ers! It's been a while since i've been part of a good forum and this one seems to be legit. Not to mention it's strictly dedicated to one of the dopest compact cars of all time, lol.

Until about five days ago, i owned a 2005 Focus ZX4 SE, auto -- pretty basic, but i had it given to me with 14 miles on it and before my wreck last Monday, i had put 179k+ on it, so i'm pretty sure i got my worth. I never did any upgrades to that vehicle strictly because it didn't feel like mine (i came from a manual before that vehicle and i was kinda pissed i got an auto.) so i just treated it as the workhorse that it can be.

Luckily, i found this yellow beauty for well under the asking price of anyone around, manual trans. and only 140k miles on it. I have a few questions, since this vehicle i whole-heartedly plan on upgrading/treating like my baby. --

If i'm going to be working with a budget of somewhere around $1,000 -- what basic-mid level upgrades could i possibly afford for a 2007 ZX3? I was already thinking some wheels (probably the euro svt package, i kind of like those) but besides that, do you think i should do any clutch/tranny work? Or maybe a short ram air intake? Or maybe even some exhaust? What do you think sounds like the best option to go with.

A little history of the car is it was a 1 owner, they put all of the miles on it, no wrecks, no incidents (none reported on carfax, at least), only work besides usual oil changes that were reported was a timing belt change at 104k miles. So any advice on what I should tackle first? Maybe even a tune up or a tranny check? Thanks so much, i can't wait to become part of this community!

no upgrades YET!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #1972
clownymb
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116722
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 clownymb Good Standing Member
Hey everybody, I just picked up an 03 silver Focus SVT and a buddy of mine suggested I get on here for all of my Focus knowledge needs. So far its a very informative site and has some really good members. Looking forward to being here for a while.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1973
FordTrannyTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116956
What I Drive: 2012 RaceRed SeL

FF Reputation: 1 FordTrannyTech Good Standing Member
Hello!
I found this site looking for more ideals for my car.
I have a 2012 Focus Sel std transmission luxury package, race red color because having race in the name makes it go faster of course ( jk lol ) hatchback.
Up to now I love the car. Good on fuel witch was the main reason of buying. considering my previous cars where horrible on gas ( 85 Camaro 350SB Std trans, and 04 rx8 6speed std trans ).
Anyways, looking forward in seeing what this site has to offer!
Cheers
Old 07-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #1974
ssgjohnson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117016
What I Drive: 2009 Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 ssgjohnson Good Standing Member
Just signed up. My name is Steve. We just purchased an 09 SE to be our fuel saver and have been quite surprised at how much I enjoy the thing. Its a coupe model in blue, dark interior, auto trans (wife didnt want to deal with rowing gears in MD traffic, which is flippin terrible btw).

I am in the process of selling my baby; an 03 F250 in electric blue, lifted six inches on 37's. I love that truck... alot... but im getting tired of parking it half way to payday because I cant afford to put gas in it. A trip that would take 1/4 tank in the truck doesnt even noticeably move the needle in the Focus.

Our family ride is a 2009 E350 12 Passenger. I have a huge family. I grew up a Mopar guy with multiple family members employed by dodge, but I have had numerous Fords with nothing but happiness. So we have become a Ford family in my house, much to the disdain of my pops!

In a few years I will be buying a second Focus (probably an ST) since my wife actually drives our current Focus most of the time (she works further from home than I do). This one will get little to no modification, but the next one will be mine to do with as i please.

Love the site and I have already learned a great deal.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #1975
Chamo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104402
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Chamo Good Standing Member
Hello!

Name is efrain, my brother is an avid member here and he directed to search here for a particular problem. Got to say love this forum and the people seem very nice. Hope to see y'all around!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #1976
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamo View Post
Hello!

Name is efrain, my brother is an avid member here and he directed to search here for a particular problem. Got to say love this forum and the people seem very nice. Hope to see y'all around!
hey someone from addison!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1977
Ride The Lightning
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117127
What I Drive: 2011 Red Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Ride The Lightning Good Standing Member
Hey, my names Jordan, Im 18 from San Diego, and i just inherited my dads Red 2011 SE when he bought a new car. So Im just here to learn and ask questions. Hopefully my focus will be as dope as some of yours someday
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #1978
SadikQc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117181
What I Drive: 2006 Orange Cobalt LT

FF Reputation: 1 SadikQc Good Standing Member
Hi I'm Danny, 24 yo from Valleyfield (Quebec), Canada. Found about this community while searching for my next car since my Cobalt LT 06 may be on it's last breath. I'm about to pull a trigger on a new car (probably a Focus) but there's some things that I'm not sure yet that makes me wait to pull the trigger.

But hey, I'm here to find answers to my questions!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #1979
desertrider
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117290
What I Drive: 2005 white ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 desertrider Good Standing Member
Question new with a question

Hello - I'm desertrider from Texas and I have just purchased a 2005 ZXW Focus wagon.

One problem is that the Cruise Control doesn't work after the dealer replaced the transmission with a rebuilt. They said something failed and it wasn't related to the tranny replacement.

Anyone have experience with this problem, or similar?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1980
desertrider
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117290
What I Drive: 2005 white ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 desertrider Good Standing Member
Question new with a question

Hello - I'm desertrider from Texas and I have just purchased a 2005 ZXW Focus wagon.

One problem is that the Cruise Control doesn't work after the dealer replaced the transmission with a rebuilt. They said something failed and it wasn't related to the tranny replacement.

Anyone have experience with this problem, or similar?

Bookmarks & Social Networks