Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 155 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #1541
Pepsibottle1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95750
What I Drive: 2004 Honda Element EX AWD

FF Reputation: 1 Pepsibottle1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Matt, from Norfolk, VA. I'll be graduating from high school this June and will attend Old Dominion University to pursue a degree in Motorsports Engineering Technology.

I've always been a car guy. You could say I was born with it. I've always been obsessed with tinkering and have done so with my parents' cars (I do all the maintence work on them myself). Never taken a ASE class in my life, just found out by trial and error, haha. Big motorsports nut and enjoy everything racing related although my focus has shifted largely from stock car to road racing in recent years.

Anyways, I've always had the goal of building a NA Focus ZX3. Low aspirations, huh? Lol. I dunno why but something about the Focus has always appealed to me. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a Ford guy myself, or my disgust for riced out JDM compacts. I want to build something home grown with the blue oval on it, and show that a Focus really can run with the imports. All motor too; if Honda can squeeze 155-160hp with the B series, a Zetec certainly should be able to as well. It may not be easy nor cheap but I've always wanted to do an all motor setup. Everyone goes forced induction, and I want to do something different. Besides, anything more than 250 horses is overkill for front wheel drive anyways. I also wanted to do perhaps a AWD conversion from an S-Type. I read through the forums on that and that's another goal that I have in mind. I think it can be done, given the money and dedication but hell I've always wanted to do that myself. I know though that once I graduate from ODU, I'll definitly have the know how and engineering prowless behind me as well.

Right now, I'm looking for a Focus but a job as well, haha. If nothing comes around, I am getting $5000 for when I move into the dorm so I may consider putting that towards a ZX3. In the meantime, one can only dream....and do research. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for having me and I look foward to getting a ZX3 and sharing with you guys. Peace!

- Matt
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #1542
Squirtle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96179
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Squirtle Good Standing Member
Hey guys, I'm in Japan right now, but getting stationed in Tucson, AZ in April. So my wife and I decided to buy a new car. Today we settled on and bought a 2012 Focus Hatch SE. It came with the 201A package, Sports Package and Interior Protection Package. Sonic Blue. Purchased through Exchange New Car Sales, because it was short notice we picked from stock vehicles and got very lucky with what was available. We got exactly what we wanted. ...I would've preferred the manual, but my wife is more skilled in an auto :)

I found this forum by searching for transmission issues with the Focus. Thankfully it sounds like the transmission just needs some breaking in. After skimming other threads, I thought this forum was well maintained with mature acting members, so I thought I'd join for when I have questions or comments. I look forward to the community here!

Now I can't wait to get to AZ and start breaking in my new car!!

PS- Username is what I decided to name the car lol
Old 03-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #1543
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92411
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE Sedan, Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 joesperformance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Hello all... My name is Joe... i live NE of houston, between Baytown and Humble. I picked up an 01 focus SE 4dr Sedan 5spd with Zetec motor and 70k miles last month. I actually traded a Samsung front load washer and dryer for the car, lol.... (Roughly paid $800 for car and put $400 into it to get it back on the road)

Car is white exterior and black interior.
Bone stock for time being, til I start modding it like i do all my vehicle's, lol.
I did put some new 15" rims on it yesterday, as the stock 15" rims had some curb rash.

Ive been around cars all my life, but this is my first focus. I also have a 98 t-top manual firebird. and several other vehicle's.

I will get some pics of the Focus this next week, hopefully when its not raining and nice and sunny out.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #1544
02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

Points 55,810, Level 100
Points: 55,810, Level: 100 Points: 55,810, Level: 100 Points: 55,810, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Welcome everyone.
Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress
Old 03-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #1545
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,942, Level 83
Points: 16,942, Level: 83 Points: 16,942, Level: 83 Points: 16,942, Level: 83
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1 View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Matt, from Norfolk, VA. I'll be graduating from high school this June and will attend Old Dominion University to pursue a degree in Motorsports Engineering Technology.

I've always been a car guy. You could say I was born with it. I've always been obsessed with tinkering and have done so with my parents' cars (I do all the maintence work on them myself). Never taken a ASE class in my life, just found out by trial and error, haha. Big motorsports nut and enjoy everything racing related although my focus has shifted largely from stock car to road racing in recent years.

Anyways, I've always had the goal of building a NA Focus ZX3. Low aspirations, huh? Lol. I dunno why but something about the Focus has always appealed to me. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a Ford guy myself, or my disgust for riced out JDM compacts. I want to build something home grown with the blue oval on it, and show that a Focus really can run with the imports. All motor too; if Honda can squeeze 155-160hp with the B series, a Zetec certainly should be able to as well. It may not be easy nor cheap but I've always wanted to do an all motor setup. Everyone goes forced induction, and I want to do something different. Besides, anything more than 250 horses is overkill for front wheel drive anyways. I also wanted to do perhaps a AWD conversion from an S-Type. I read through the forums on that and that's another goal that I have in mind. I think it can be done, given the money and dedication but hell I've always wanted to do that myself. I know though that once I graduate from ODU, I'll definitly have the know how and engineering prowless behind me as well.

Right now, I'm looking for a Focus but a job as well, haha. If nothing comes around, I am getting $5000 for when I move into the dorm so I may consider putting that towards a ZX3. In the meantime, one can only dream....and do research. So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for having me and I look foward to getting a ZX3 and sharing with you guys. Peace!

- Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
Hey guys, I'm in Japan right now, but getting stationed in Tucson, AZ in April. So my wife and I decided to buy a new car. Today we settled on and bought a 2012 Focus Hatch SE. It came with the 201A package, Sports Package and Interior Protection Package. Sonic Blue. Purchased through Exchange New Car Sales, because it was short notice we picked from stock vehicles and got very lucky with what was available. We got exactly what we wanted. ...I would've preferred the manual, but my wife is more skilled in an auto :)

I found this forum by searching for transmission issues with the Focus. Thankfully it sounds like the transmission just needs some breaking in. After skimming other threads, I thought this forum was well maintained with mature acting members, so I thought I'd join for when I have questions or comments. I look forward to the community here!

Now I can't wait to get to AZ and start breaking in my new car!!

PS- Username is what I decided to name the car lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesperformance View Post
Hello all... My name is Joe... i live NE of houston, between Baytown and Humble. I picked up an 01 focus SE 4dr Sedan 5spd with Zetec motor and 70k miles last month. I actually traded a Samsung front load washer and dryer for the car, lol.... (Roughly paid $800 for car and put $400 into it to get it back on the road)

Car is white exterior and black interior.
Bone stock for time being, til I start modding it like i do all my vehicle's, lol.
I did put some new 15" rims on it yesterday, as the stock 15" rims had some curb rash.

Ive been around cars all my life, but this is my first focus. I also have a 98 t-top manual firebird. and several other vehicle's.

I will get some pics of the Focus this next week, hopefully when its not raining and nice and sunny out.

welcome everyone!!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #1546
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks, and I got some pics posted finally.... Rain let up just long enough for me to grab a couple quick pics....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...14#post4051014
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #1547
jxzavier
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93194
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 jxzavier Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsibottle1 View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Matt, from Norfolk, VA. I'll be graduating from high school this June and will attend Old Dominion University to pursue a degree in Motorsports Engineering Technology...

- Matt
Hey Matt, I'm from Va Beach! Not too far..
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #1548
sixsh00ter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96209
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 sixsh00ter Good Standing Member
Howdy from the Midwest:)

Howdy everybody.

Bought my first Focus today a 2008 Silver Frost SE. Who can clue me in on the good and bad points about this car. Any major flaws like the timing chain tensioner stretching? I bought it for basic no frills transportation to and from work, the store, etc.

It don't have cruise or a tilt wheel which I can live without. But no trunk release from inside the cabin was a surprise. It also don't have the Microsoft Sync option and I can live without that too. I question the reliability of anything Microsoft. Hate to have it patched, lol. Or roll back a patch, ugh!

Found the link to the recall site in the How To's list. Checked it out and didn't find any recalls for 2008.

Been a Ford customer since 92, Contours, Taurus, Rangers, Freestar.

Just googled for the forum knew there had to be one and it's the first place to look for info. I'll be searching ebay for the factory manuals.

Happy Trails... and thanks for any feedback.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #1549
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsh00ter View Post
Howdy everybody.
But no trunk release from inside the cabin was a surprise.
08 was the strange year, i believe its the only year that didnt come with a trunk release button inside the car....
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #1550
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,333, Level 72
Points: 12,333, Level: 72 Points: 12,333, Level: 72 Points: 12,333, Level: 72
Level Up 71% Completed
Level up: 71% Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Welcome to FF

Welcome all to the site.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.