Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #141
Manun
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55569
What I Drive: 2005 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Manun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello everyone, My names Manny and I am from Houston,TX. I am driving a 2005 Red Ford Focus Zx4 w/ a 2.0 L. I bought it in January of 2005, I have not really done anything to it since I originally bought it for commuting purposes. I have long since made it my daily driver and just recently sold my truck and now the wife and I have a baby on the way and in stead of trading it in or whatever we have decided to have me mod it and just overall customize it the way I've wanted to for so long. I am looking for ideas and feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #142
Mokona
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55576
What I Drive: 2005 Blue ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Mokona Good Standing Member
Hi everyone!

I'm Mokona from Michigan, another newbie... to this forum and a first time Ford owner. I just got a '05 Focus ZX3 SES. And I'm so in love!

It's immaculate and well loaded, except in the stereo department.. already looking to upgrade to something more ipod friendly. And obviously looking to do a few mods here and there.... I'm in awe of the work that is shown here.

I'm having a hard time deciphering the color though. Is it common to have a color that was only listed in a different year? My paint code appears to be S1, which was only listed in the '02 Focus paintcodes.

Well, I guess I'll go back to lurking now. :)
Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #143
mydartswinger
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55548
What I Drive: 2008 Frost Silver Sedan 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 1 mydartswinger Good Standing Member
Hello all,
I just purchased a new 2007 ZX3 S 5-Speed. I'm originally from East Texas, but I am in the Army and stationed at Fort Bragg, NC.

Bought the Focus to replace a Hyundai Elantra that I have had 3 wrecks in, and still wasn't totalled ($6,000 worth of damage this last time, and I only got $4,000 for it for trade. OUCH!!!). I wanted out of that car, and quick.

I've put over 160 miles (not including what was on the clock at the time of delivery) on my Focus (city miles) since Saturday afternoon. I just can't get enough of driving her. I'm thoroughly impressed with how fun she is to drive and the acceleration she has. I'm glad I didn't go with my brand X choice (clown car 4-door sedan from another of the big 3).

I found FF by Googleing Ford Focus Forum.

Happy driving ,
Shannon
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #144
ZXWSES
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55413
What I Drive: 2005 ZXW Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 ZXWSES Good Standing Member
Thumbs up Hello All!

I'm a newb to forums because of a few rude people elsewhere, but I love my Focus so I figured I would try again. I'm glad I did since I have already been helped here by some very nice and genuinely generous people.

I am on my 3rd Focus now after numerous trade-in's and have loved all of them.

A new '03 SE Silver (about 35k mi. before sold)
Used '05 SE Gold (about 35k mi. before sold)
New '05 ZXW SES Black (at about 35k mi.)

Only the black one remains and a newley purchased '05 Freestar Limited (for the 4 kids)

The pictures are not my actual cars but almost identical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1200924236.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	15138  

Name:	free.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	15139  

Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #145
Bretm1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55657
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Bretm1 Good Standing Member
EDITED ON MAY 4
I went to pick it up and I did not get it. It did not book out for my bank to finance it. It was only worth 7400 to them and the dealer took off as much as they could. Be careful with Capital One financing. They have very strict rules. If this were an automatic, it would have been able to be purchased due to the higher trade value. Crap!! sorry flor the false alarm. If your looking for a decent , loaded ZTS for about 8,000. it is at Tarbox Chrysler Jeep in Attleboro, MA. ( I ended up with a 2003 Pontiac Vibe)

ORIGINAL POST
Hi, I will be picking up a 2004 Silver ZTS /5 MT tommorow. It has 65,000 miles on it and they were asking 9900 dollars but took 7800. It is the last day of the month so they got a little aggressive, but I think 7800 is probably what it should be. It is a fairly loaded one with six disc cd, leather (looks like vinyl- but they said its not) heated seats, moonroof, cruise, fog lights. I don't know if it has ABS, traction control or extra airbags. It drove nice but it has a low idle and low rpm issue which they are going to fix.

It has the 2.3 liter 145 HP engine, but I don't know if it is a Duratec or PZEV. It seems like a nice sporty car. Hope I didn't pay too much.

Last edited by Bretm1; 05-04-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Deal fell through-sorry!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #146
Brindfan
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE Hatch - Race Red

FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^ I think you did OK on the price. I believe your engine is a PZEV Duratec, but don't quote me. Not real sure what the pre-2005 Duratecs actually were.

If your car has ABS, there is a dash idiot "ABS" light. Turn the key to the "ON" position and check that way. T/C also has a dash light. It looks like a tire and wheel with water drops behind it. There is also a button on the center console by the gear shift knob, This is the T/C off button.

If you have side impact air bags, there will be a tag on the upper part of the front seats that says "airbag".

Oh and
Hatch Nation#61 B.T.T.C.#3 ATX Faction#37 Rocky Mtn. Crew#3
Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #147
Zorin01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55692
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor silver SE focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Zorin01 Good Standing Member
Talking Wasssup FF !!!!!!!!!!

Wassup FF it's Zorin

Here is my new 2008 Vapor Silver Sedan. It has the Charcoal cloth interior. I have a Auto transmission (yes I know it's a slushbox) Sync system; ABS; 6 disc cd changer; Siruis satellite radio; the drivers package with the leather wrapped steering wheel speed control and redundant audio controls. I dunno if you can see it or not but the car has meduim window tint.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Focus Fanatics Pic #1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	15163  

Name:	Focus Fanatics Pic #2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	15164  

Name:	Focus Fanatics Pic #3.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	15165  

Name:	Focus Fanatics Pic #4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	15166  

Last edited by Zorin01; 05-02-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 05-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #148
Zorin01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55692
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor silver SE focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Zorin01 Good Standing Member
Hello

Here are some night pics

Last edited by Zorin01; 05-03-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: duplicate thread
Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #149
Illflipya4real
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55784
What I Drive: '06 Blk ZX3 SES SAP

FF Reputation: 1 Illflipya4real Good Standing Member
Newbie Says Hello! and WHAT TO DO!?

sup fanatics! been snooping around the forum and classifieds for a little while now, thought it was time to finally join since i am about to be making a purchase this summer!!

im in a 07 black escape right now, but im needing to move to a focus, for fun and for economy. i have a couple options so i thought i would ask the opinions of the forum.

1.) 2008 SES black on black loaded -- i get A-plan pricing. so, roughly $16K or so after rebates. This is a smooth a$$ ride, but i will be left with no money for mods for a while

OR

2.) 2006 SES ZX3 SAP black on black loaded, 30K miles for $12K -- much more room for tuning, but less lifespan and i feel like the SAP kit might be a hinderence in winter (MIDWEST HERE). i love that body tho!

thanks for the 2 cents!! and i look forward for diving into the community
Old 05-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #150
theWorst
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55690
What I Drive: 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 6 theWorst Good Standing Member
theWorst here.... a.k.a. Ed...

Bought an 08 Black Coupe S .5 Speed.. got the hubcap and steelies and base model because of plans on moddin' it.. also i despised the chrome side decorations...

so far car is stock .. cept for the dealer debadge... waiting for the strut bar to come in from steeda.. and the k&n drop in to come in from AJ-USA..

i plan on painting the grille black(body color), leaving the blue oval alone, and tinting the headlights yellow with vinyl film... installing PIAA rally fog lights... dropping it around 2 "..adding the rear sway bar. and putting on Rota Slip Streams.. can't decide between black or bronze... catback exhaust is a must... and maybe tint the rears...upgrade clutch and flywheel.. i have an SAFC2 i may or may not install maybe just use as AF guage. i know i want Cobalt guages for OIl Temp and Water temp... maybe add voltmeter somewhere.. oh and optima red top... been using them for years and years.. and never failed me... why digress?

i also want to paint calipers black and change to SS brake lines when they come out.. maybe hawk pads and ebc rotors up front too.

i hope to have the car where i like it in a year or two...

i look foward to learning a lot, and contributing alot where able to the FF community...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->