Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #121
02ZX3inPA
Wrenchin' aussie pos

Fan#: 45346
What I Drive: The Blue Devil

FF Reputation: 40 02ZX3inPA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Welcome!
ZC #154..Focus Nation..
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #122
Fast5oh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55135
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3, 87 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Fast5oh Good Standing Member
Hey, Jake from wisconsin here. Got my focus about 3 weeks ago. Its a 2004 ZX3 Zinc Yellow with a 5 speed and just over 60k on her. Already cut the lunchbox off, and painted the side moldings and mirror caps. Just doing cosmetic stuff such as drop, wheels and tint, seeing as its my commuter car. I also drive a 1987 Mustang GT, with all your basic mustang bolt ons, when its nice out. And when its nasty out i drive a 1990 Bronco on 33" mud terrains with dual exhaust. Thats it for the about me, looking forward to gaining some focus knowledge here.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 AM   #123
02ZX3inPA
Wrenchin' aussie pos

^ There's plenty of knowledge to be had here. Welcome!
ZC #154..Focus Nation..
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #124
Drazhar
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55148
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 Drazhar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hello, my name is scott and i have just brought a 06 ZX4 and i am really hoping the Dealer will take it back! i have the "S" but i atleast want the "SE" especially for what im paying for the thing.. i am astounded that it dont have central locking and no electric windows...

on the initial test drive all i was wanting to do is see how it drove and its a fun little car to drive, i didnt even think i was gonna be given credit atall and that why i really took no notice of the other things and on the sheet of paper it said 2006 ford focus ZX4 "SE", well half way home i decided to go to taco bell and went to bush the button to open the window and ARGHHHH handle??

love the drive of it but i hate the bog standard basics i have not seen in a car for many years!! i didnt even think they still made cars this low key, and for 15000? pfft!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #125
tiger61378
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54476
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3 Sport

FF Reputation: 3 tiger61378 Good Standing Member
Welcome! And don't sweat the roll windows too much. Think of it this way...that's one less electrical bug to happen! The only thing you'll have to get used to is the wierd Focus window handles...I've had mine for a bit over a month, and I STILL forget that they roll backwards.
Hatchback Lover #53
Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #126
Drazhar
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55148
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 Drazhar Good Standing Member
lol thanks for the welcome.. and the car is growing on me very fast! i love wizing around the town in it lol..
Old 04-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #127
tiger61378
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54476
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3 Sport

FF Reputation: 3 tiger61378 Good Standing Member
Yeah, thats one of the great parts of the Focus. Mines so much more fun now that I put in an aftermarket HU so that I could plug my Sirius in directly, too...
Hatchback Lover #53
Old 04-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #128
Irish
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55224
What I Drive: 2006, Black, ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 Irish Good Standing Member
Whats Up?

Hey everyone. I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to getting involved with this forum. In advertently I am driving a 2006 ZX4 ST. It is/was my wifes car but due to the distance that I have to travel to work she is now the proud owner of my 2006 F150. I have always been a sports car fan (I had an Audi TT before marrage and kids) but because of the family aspect I ended up with a truck. I must admit I love this little Focus, and I am amazed at the following and performance support for the vehicle. Anyway thanks for having me aboard and I am sure I will talk to you soon.

Cheers
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #129
Nodaclu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55286
What I Drive: Still looking...

FF Reputation: 1 Nodaclu Good Standing Member
Soon to be ZX3 owner...

Hi guys,

Car shopping right now with a budget of about 7-8K. I know for sure I want a ZX3. I like the first gen design better (especially the interior), but want to get the best car for my money.

So I had a few basic newb questions (feel free to kick me to the curb if they've been answered elsewhere - I couldn't find the right combo of words in Search to answer these...)

1. Any major/common mechanical "gotchas" on the 03-04's (2.0 or 2.3) that I should watch out for? My understanding of the 05-07's is that they are pretty sound and relatively free of gremlins.

2. With the knowledge that I value handling over horsepower...

How dramatic (if any) were the quality and/or handling improvements to the second gen (05-07) models? I really prefer the 1st gen car, but like I said, I want to get the most car for my money.

Thanks a million! I hope to be the proud new owner of a ZX3 shortly and hang around here for awhile!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #130
02ZX3inPA
Wrenchin' aussie pos

Welcome new ppl to FF!!
ZC #154..Focus Nation..

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.