Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 114 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #1131
lightning2nd
love my red focus

Fan#: 54938
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX4 SES w/SAP

FF Reputation: 3 lightning2nd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
welcome to the site
member of Focus Nation / Sedan Revolution#105 / Sap Crew#23 / Team Duratec#189 / Midwest Crew#31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1132
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72683
What I Drive: oh-sicks Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 _fifth_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmission View Post
It was like telling my parents and all my friends my girlfriend was pregnant! BUT, now I'm a blue oval guy!
I love this^

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
Yeah, too many hatches. When the sedans take over, all will be good!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #1133
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
The name is Justin,

Just dropped in my order for a 2012 SE hatch 5spd in Yellow Blaze. Found this place via a quick google search and a bunch of reading through the posts of various Focus sites. It seems the real gearheads are at FF! That's how I roll. :)

Before ordering my 2012, I was dead set on a Scion xB. But after a few drives of new and used ones, the quality really turned me off. And I was a die-hard Toyota guy too!!! It was like telling my parents and all my friends my girlfriend was pregnant! BUT, now I'm a blue oval guy!

Hope to meet some more monkeys!
look at how crazy we are for the old foci, and now imagine how much youll love the new one haha. and high five on the 5-speed. Not sure what in gods name made you consider an xB but clearly the man upstairs was looking out for you. you made the right choice

by the way, the when developing the new focus, Ford used the Audi A3 as its benchmark. that should give you an idea of the quality/fit/finish of the '12's
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #1134
pfritzjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84718
What I Drive: 2011 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 pfritzjr Good Standing Member
I am new to the focus and found this site while I was looking for stuff to put on my foci. I used to drive an F150 and my wife drove a Jeep. We both bought 2011 SE models to save on gas and now I want to modify mine. Any suggestions on where to start would be great. Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #1135
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfritzjr View Post
I am new to the focus and found this site while I was looking for stuff to put on my foci. I used to drive an F150 and my wife drove a Jeep. We both bought 2011 SE models to save on gas and now I want to modify mine. Any suggestions on where to start would be great. Thanks
For visual mods:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239766
thats the 2008-11 picture thread, and there is all kinds of good lookin foci there. great for ideas

For performance, depends if you want to stick to N/A or turbo. First thing I suggest doing to both will cost you maybe $5, and I know mine felt much more responsive after (my car is totally stock). Ground the throttle body, it takes some lag out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Add the ground!

I just got back from driving around town for an hour. Yes, the throttle is more responsive. The first thing I noticed was me, I was jerking the car when shifting. I had to back off a little on when I was feeding the gas back in between shifts. I'm not talking a mega difference but it was enough to notice.

I don't think I'm exaggerating this, there was no bottom end in this car before and surprise surprise, there is now. I didn't jump all over it, but I definitely feel the difference from a standing start. No hesitation from the engine, no oops almost stalled it - not even close. When I did give it a little gas off the line I was shifting into 2nd way sooner than before.

Here's a quick pic for 08' owners (follow the yellow brick road). I just threw this on to see if there was anything to it and picked the easiest bolt to get to on the TB. I'm leaving it on, but will be moving it out of the way after I finish this post.

That's the shortest cable I could find at AutoZone and it's (overkill) a 19", 2-gauge, Duralast Gold "switch to starter" battery cable. Cost me $7.61 w/tax. I do plan on re-grounding everything with a Sun Hyper Ground kit in the near future.

Remember not to over tighten the TB bolt if you do this, it's going into plastic.

for performance stuff I suggest fswerks.com, everyone on this forum seems to use them and has nothing but positive things to say. Fswerks has everything for the focus. get some pics up
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #1136
pfritzjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84718
What I Drive: 2011 Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 pfritzjr Good Standing Member
Thanks for the response. Hopefully I can get stated on that this weekend. I will post a few pics saturday as well. I have been driving my focus for a week now and love it!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #1137
newmission
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84688
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
look at how crazy we are for the old foci, and now imagine how much youll love the new one haha. and high five on the 5-speed. Not sure what in gods name made you consider an xB but clearly the man upstairs was looking out for you. you made the right choice

by the way, the when developing the new focus, Ford used the Audi A3 as its benchmark. that should give you an idea of the quality/fit/finish of the '12's
I hear ya on all of the excitement! Could just be me, but when looking for a new forum for the Focus crowd, FF were the only folks that had the party inside. FJ was just all about the new ST, which is HOT of course! But honestly, that's going to have a pretty price tag on it!

Well I loved my Toyotas, and I love a good hatch. The xB has that bull-dog blunt nose to it. Gives a little aggressive look. But while I was at a Ford dealership test driving a used xB they had to see how they broke-in, the salesman mentioned the new Fords are German engineered. My ears perked up! A couple months late, I'm buying a new Ford! lol

Hey and Thanks _fifth_ on the dibs! Plenty more where that came from.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #1138
Outlaw5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84300
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 Outlaw5.0 Good Standing Member
Newbie here also

Very nice website here. I found this site looking for ways to make my 2011 Focus slightly more fun to drive. The mileage is nice, but lacks power.............problem is I'm use to a 12 second daily driver Mustang, and a 14 second Diesel truck.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #1139
newmission
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84688
What I Drive: YB-MK3-MTX-SE-OG Sport-HB

FF Reputation: 5 newmission Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw5.0 View Post
Very nice website here. I found this site looking for ways to make my 2011 Focus slightly more fun to drive. The mileage is nice, but lacks power.............problem is I'm use to a 12 second daily driver Mustang, and a 14 second Diesel truck.
Did you say 14, second, diesel, and truck all in the same sentence?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #1140
Outlaw5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84300
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 Outlaw5.0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did you say 14, second, diesel, and truck all in the same sentence?
Yes I did. Its a 2001 F-350 7.3 with 200cc injectors, GT-42 turbo, and etc. Acutally the 14.90's were with the Garrett 38R ball bearing turbo and stage 2 injectors. Tuning has been from a few different people over the years. Its still nothing compared to the newer 6.4 and 6.7 though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->