Welcome Newbies To FF - Page 107 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #1061
Belle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83305
What I Drive: 2010 Panther Black LV MKII Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Belle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)

Hey misfire

Thanks for the welcome :) Whereabouts in Aust is your sales manager from? We've had great service from the dealership we bought my car through. I am seriously loving driving my Focus - goes like a little rocket! 1000 times easier to park and manouvre than my RS Impreza was too (turning circle on FF much better). How long have you had yours?

Last edited by Belle; 02-18-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: added to text
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #1062
Belle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83305
What I Drive: 2010 Panther Black LV MKII Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Belle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotac View Post
Hello!

I am new here. My story is that I've always been a Taurus person. My last was a '96 Taurus LX that I loved to pieces. I graduated with my bachelor's last Dec (2009). Since then have been looking for a decent job and had found one. Thing is, the new job was an hour and a half away from where I currently live. If I got the job, I would need a newer dependable & more fuel efficient car. I wasn't going to buy until I was positive I got the job. I originally was looking at the new Fiesta, but many people recommended trying a Focus, so I did. I will say I liked that it drove better among other things compared with the Fiesta. Perhaps because I am used to the bigger cars as with my Taurus.

So I got the job, and I am a production designer for advertisements & like it a lot. I got a 2011 Ford Focus, blue flame SE. This is my first brand new car. I got it the end of October with 40 some miles on it. It now has over 10,500 miles on it. Unfortunately last week someone at my work ran into it when they were parking next to me. Most likely the bad snow mess we had was something to do with it. I got a phone call and they gave me the name and number of the lady & to go look at it. Apparently all she did was scuff the front part of the rear wheel well a bit and a minor small dent you can't even notice really. I told her to not worry about it. At least she was honest, not too many people like that left in the world. It is bound to get dinged up sooner or later :/

Well, that is my story in a nut shell!

I hear ya - I live just over an hour from work (I do 104 km's total a day, that's to and from work) and my 2004 RS Impreza was a thirsty little thing. I've had my Focus for 2 weeks now, racked up just over 1500km's on it already and the fuel efficiency is vastly better! More cash in my back pocket for shopping...(more likely spending on my quickly-growing-up son than me!)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #1063
Lionscornbread50
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83420
What I Drive: 1999 Laser Red Mercury Cougar

FF Reputation: 1 Lionscornbread50 Good Standing Member

Hi everyone! I've been roaming the site for a while, but decided to register after pre ordering a 2012 kona blue se hatch manual with the sport package and optional 17 inch wheels. I currently drive a 99 cougar which I've owned since new. I've upgraded it with 18in enkei gf1 wheels on Yokohama parada specs, aeroflow turbine exhaust and k&n filter. This will be my first focus, and the anticipation is killing me!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #1064
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

Points 14,652, Level 78
Points: 14,652, Level: 78 Points: 14,652, Level: 78 Points: 14,652, Level: 78
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Welcome! Post up some pics when you take delivery!
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #1065
02chromeyellowzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83522
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 02chromeyellowzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just bought my first focus today. 02 zx5. Drove it back down to the springs from Denver and it started overheating when I got into the semi-stop n' go traffic. Hopefully it's nothing a new thermo and cap can't fix. if not I guess I'll have to try and find another focus....
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #1066
lightning2nd
love my red focus

Fan#: 54938
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX4 SES w/SAP

Points 1,324, Level 20
Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20 Points: 1,324, Level: 20
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 lightning2nd Good Standing Member
welcome to the site
member of Focus Nation / Sedan Revolution#105 / Sap Crew#23 / Team Duratec#189 / Midwest Crew#31
Old 02-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #1067
02chromeyellowzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83522
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 02chromeyellowzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning2nd View Post
welcome to the site
Thanks. Well the car finally crapped out after only 26 hours of ownership. Luckily I still owe the dealer money so they're being super nice to get it fixed. Even brought me a 06 Taurus with a schweet factory tape player (wtf?) to drive while mine's in the shop
Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #1068
deanjohnson7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 66369
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 deanjohnson7 Good Standing Member
hello everybody! I've been a member for a while, but haven't really participated on the forums much. I've got a 2002 SVT 3 door that I bought used about two years ago. It might not have a ton of power, but it is a fun little car. Thanks for the welcome to the noobs (and those of us who are lazy).
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #1069
ninjagirl
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83731
What I Drive: 2010 Red SE Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ninjagirl Good Standing Member
Hi everybody? i bought a 2010 focus se in july as my commuter car. and recently just sold my custom truck and decided do the same to my car since doing the same stuff to a car seems to be cheaper for some reason and also debating if i should trade this in for a 2012 focus or wait it out the the st. but anyways this is an awesome site where everyone seems cool (unlike the f150 forum where there where alot of s)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #1070
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,879, Level 83
Points: 16,879, Level: 83 Points: 16,879, Level: 83 Points: 16,879, Level: 83
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
Hi everybody? i bought a 2010 focus se in july as my commuter car. and recently just sold my custom truck and decided do the same to my car since doing the same stuff to a car seems to be cheaper for some reason and also debating if i should trade this in for a 2012 focus or wait it out the the st. but anyways this is an awesome site where everyone seems cool (unlike the f150 forum where there where alot of s)
welcome to the site! enjoy your ride!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.