The Importance of Toe-in or Toe-out - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #11
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
For 2000 to 2005 front is -.07" to 0.00" the rear is 0.04 to 0.11

A recently posted alignment printout for a 2007 was -0.1 to 0.1 front and 0.08 to 0.28 rear as the specified range.

I'm not sure what the specs are for a 2006 falls or 2008.
Note, these are all in inches.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #12
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
there is a company called longacre they make race car set-upproducts that can easily be used for any car. well here are their toe plates

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product

they also make camber and caster gauges, scales, and all sorts of set-up stuff. with about 200 bucks you can get everything you need to set-up your car and align it to your own specs or accuratly set-up your car for the track or street. pays for itself on your second alignment. its pretty cool and not very hard to do, we set up a freind of mines spec miata in around 45mins and niether of us had ever done it before, im pretty sure if we did it again we could do it in about 20 mins. if you are a DIY kinda guy i recomend it. just read your manual and figure out exactly how to adjust everthing! good luck

Matt
Old 12-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinipo View Post
Note, these are all in inches.
Absolutely correct and thanks for clarifying that. Some alignment racks still use degrees but I do not have any numbers based on those specifications..
Old 12-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #14
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke View Post
Geezer, after I install the SVT spring and damper kit, how much will my toe change?
I have no idea...sorry.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
Sarif2029
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33430
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT #3844

FF Reputation: 7 Sarif2029 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i move for sticky!!!!!

RIP: 2000 Red ZX3 Born: Feb, 2000 Died: May 23, 2009
Garage Sale --> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3522123#post3522123
Old 12-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #16
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Absolutely correct and thanks for clarifying that. Some alignment racks still use degrees but I do not have any numbers based on those specifications..
in degrees the range is 0.15 to 0.35 toe in.

So basically you want it at 0.15 degrees.

Still wondering if its bad to go lower than .15....???

and after installing a suspension kit, the toe change will depend on wether or not you took out the inner bolt of the lower control arm. If you didnt, then it should change a bit, but will definitely go out of spec. If you did take it out, who knows how far off it is... Mine was at -.8/-1.11 degrees in the rear, - meaning toe out.

SUV this!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #17
knoxrocks222
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38601
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 3 knoxrocks222 Good Standing Member
ok so check it, iv had this problem for about a year. iv been through 3 sets of very expensive tires and and its just the rears, they all have the same wearing problem, they all get bad flat spots and the car will shake horribly between about 55 and 70 then it smooths out iv had 3 alignments and im willing to try for 1 more before i put my stock springs back on.........by the way i have the sportlines and 17's and 16's both of which have had 3 sets of tires.

im a flight nurse in a different city and have to drive 27 miles one way to the hospital and i need my ride to be smooth and still keep my bad ass low look, if i have to i will trade for the prokit

thanks to all
knox (RN)
Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

you may need new shocks. Especially if you are still on the stock ones.

SUV this!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrocks222 View Post
ok so check it, iv had this problem for about a year. iv been through 3 sets of very expensive tires and and its just the rears, they all have the same wearing problem, they all get bad flat spots and the car will shake horribly between about 55 and 70 then it smooths out iv had 3 alignments and im willing to try for 1 more before i put my stock springs back on.........by the way i have the sportlines and 17's and 16's both of which have had 3 sets of tires.

im a flight nurse in a different city and have to drive 27 miles one way to the hospital and i need my ride to be smooth and still keep my bad ass low look, if i have to i will trade for the prokit

thanks to all
knox (RN)
Can you be more specific about what you're calling a flat spot? Are you referring to a completeley bald area such as the edge of the tire. Is it in only one area of the tire (localized), is it a series of cupped like bad areas around the tire? Can you post any of the printouts from your alignments as those numbers could be very helpful.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:40 AM   #20
knoxrocks222
Focus Addict

Fan#: 38601
What I Drive: 2003 black svt

FF Reputation: 3 knoxrocks222 Good Standing Member
well lets see how to describe my tire with a flat spot...kinds looks like a d lol like its just in one spot on the rear tires and its all the way accross the tire so its like u run ur hand around the tire and its like full tread half tread bald slick half tread full tread in that order, i dont have a printout of the alignment specs but i know im still towed out in the rear and im at a -camber, the front wears fine just normal.

but if i had to say the flat spot runs the width of the tire and about 20% around then the tire looks fine

Bookmarks & Social Networks