daytona - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
BadIdea
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6470
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT 08 Tundra CrewMax

FF Reputation: 1 BadIdea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
daytona

The car gets loaded tomorrow afternoon for the trip down to daytona. 3 day drivers school with audi club. Flushed the brakes with Castrol SRF, taking extra set of carbotech pads and nt-01 tires. This event should rock with lots of pro drivers showing us around on friday and lots of fast cars. Hopefully the rs4 that was slated for wc gt will make it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
LCR
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 36358
What I Drive: 2002 Gray Sedan

FF Reputation: 5 LCR Good Standing Member
Jon, Have a good time I know you will.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Let us know how it goes!

You are getting the preview. Get us smart for when SVTOA goes next year!

Good luck and no more alternator problems!!!

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock
Old 12-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
BadIdea
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6470
What I Drive: 02 Silver SVT 08 Tundra CrewMax

FF Reputation: 1 BadIdea Good Standing Member
It was an epic event. Lots of pro teams showed up - they got lots of cheap track time with no transponders and the club was able to break even. No way SVTOA will pull it off with SVT's only. Friday the pros had their own run groups, then saturday and sunday they were out with the 2 instructor groups. I was doing 120 getting passed by cars doing 170 in the banking. It's easier to describe where we couldn't pass because it seemed like we were passing everywhere. (no passing from 1-3 or 4-5) All passes had to be on the right (slow is low) and there weren't any incidents other than the 3 bmw's getting the bus stop entry wrong and the 996 TT blowing the right rear tire in nascar 4. Luckily he didn't hit the wall but still the damage is probably more than my car cost new. Bob Woodman showed up to give great tire advice. Pobst, White, Baas, Herr, Baker and Sandridge Sr. were available to the club for tips and instruction.

Bookmarks & Social Networks