Bad Shops/Good Shops - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > North East Fanatics

North East Fanatics Serving the Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New England, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
01BlueZX3
Still Crusin

Fan#: 4702
What I Drive: 01 focus zx3

FF Reputation: 7 01BlueZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Exclamation Bad Shops/Good Shops

Ok, I've been through enough of em' and I figured it was time to help avoid others of the bad shops while listing good ones. Just list the name of the shop, where it is, and what experience you had with them. List mechanic shops, audio shops, pretty much any shops relating to modifying your car or repairing.

Well I got a bad one...

King Bear Port Jeff
1575 Route 112
Port Jefferson

Took my car to them yestarday since Ford was closed to get my steering wheel vibration at highway speeds checked out. Told the guy it wasn't my tires or wheels. After 4 hrs all the guy did was rebalance my wheels, rotate tires, shimmy my brake rotors, and new valve stems. All that did absolutely nothing and as a bonus they put weights on the outer lip of my 17's. $117 wasted. Don't ever take your car here or matter in fact any King Bear's on the island. They don't know wtf they are doing. Trash shop.

Last edited by 01BlueZX3; 12-08-2007 at 11:34 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
dipindods
SONIC ZX3

Fan#: 35463
What I Drive: 06 Sonic Blue Senior Edition ZX3

FF Reputation: 25 dipindods Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
well a good shop

sell's auto body
corner of bellmore rd and newbridge rd in bellmore

they do all my custom work and justin is one of my close freinds. im sure some of you met him before at some car shows. he'll do just about anything you can think of. great guy and great shop.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
StrongIsleFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7748
What I Drive: '01 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 StrongIsleFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well its small and hard to find but its my "body" guy

Dapper Automotive
Bohemia,near sunrise and lincoln ave

great guys and my uncle used to work there before he moved to FLA

Z.C. #205
01 ZX3 Pitch Black 2" drop, AEM CAI, Borla cat-back and more...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
01BlueZX3
Still Crusin

Fan#: 4702
What I Drive: 01 focus zx3

FF Reputation: 7 01BlueZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
GOOD SHOP

Appel Auto Service
20 Linden Place
Port Jefferson, NY
http://www.appelauto.com

Well, took my car here last to get my wheels rebalanced and have an oil change done. I found them on TireRack.com and they came highly recommended from looking at the customer's reviews. It's family owned and the guys there are real cool and nice. The owner, Kevin, has an 03 SVT Cobra and I believe a '68 Shelby GT 500. The guy is a mustang fanatic. Real cool mechanics I have dealt with in a long time. Their work seems to be pretty honest and they seem to want the work done right the first time around. Their shop is the cleanest damn shop I have ever seen. But with good mechanic work, you suffer costs. With 4 wheel balancing and an oil change, total came up to $162 but it was well worth it for me. No more wheel vibration and everything seems to be running good. I'm never taking my car to STS or any of them generic tire/wheel shops. They don't know wtf they are doing. I will prob be taking my car there for oil changes during this winter. I would def recommend them.

BAD SHOP

Jazz Audio
1206 Middle Country Rd.
Selden, NY

I dealt with them long ago before I got my focus. Don't waste your money here. Their audio equipment prices are ridiculous along with their installation prices. When I had my Galant and didn't know a damn thing about Deck installations, I took it here and the end result was a shitty hardwire install. The dumb idiots didn't even have a harness for my Galant and they hardwired the radio to the stock wires. Not to mention they didn't even tell me they were going to do that. Another shop with bunch of idiots trying to rip you off.

BAD SHOP

Coram Precision Auto Repair
1719 Rt. 112
Coram, NY 11727

It was my mistake taking my car here when my alternator went kaput but it's right across the street from me so I figured it was better off. Well, the work they do is alright IMO. However, they take forever!! I think they had my car for about 4-5 days for an alternator replacement. I took my car here couple weeks ago to see what was up with the vibration problem. They wanted to keep my car overnight and I prob wouldn't have gotten my car back for about 2-3days, just for a wheel balance!!! Their prices aren't great either. I think I paid well close to $600 for an alternator replacement. Gawd. Mechanics are #1 scammers next to Doctors.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
StrongIsleFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7748
What I Drive: '01 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 StrongIsleFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Don't forget lawyers too

Z.C. #205
01 ZX3 Pitch Black 2" drop, AEM CAI, Borla cat-back and more...
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
Focus Guy1986
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43852
What I Drive: 2000 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Focus Guy1986 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Dg Motors!!!

2 of my real close friends got this shop.. They are making it into a performance shop soon so If you guys need anything installed just go to them and say Munsey sent you and they will hook you up...

DG Motors
6666c W. Hoffman ave.
Lindenhurst N.y. 11757
(north east corner of strong and hoffman)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.