Key Stuck in car - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
hramos04
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49005
What I Drive: 2005 gray zx3

FF Reputation: 1 hramos04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Key Stuck in car

well today when i was going home from school for thanksgiving i went to a gas station. I tried to pull the key off but it got stock. I tried a couple times with no sucess. So i just decided to keep driving. I got home and i still cant remove it.

About two days ago after i parked i notice my car was behaving weird. My car was off. However for any action i performed the car emergency lights would blink and i would hear like a noise as if i had forgotten something. I tried different things such uas opening and closing doors and restarting until it suddenly behave correctly.

Today i tried to remove the key and i couldnt. i tried many random things on the car but it did not work. I decided to disconnect the battery and then it released the key. I connect the battery and I put the key in again and the key gets stuck again. but now not only i have that problem but the car makes a nose as if a had left the lights on or doors open. this noise is active just by opening the the doors even if the key is not in. It did not happen before

im not sure if what happened two day ago is related. Hopefully any one has any advise besides taking it to the deales which is my last option.

Thanks
Daniel
Ford Focus 2005

CAR IS AUTOMATIC

Last edited by hramos04; 11-23-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: ADDING MORE INFO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
bschanz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42533
What I Drive: 2006 zx3, silver

FF Reputation: 4 bschanz Good Standing Member
is your car an automatic or a stick? if auto, you may be getting some slop in the shifter (i.e, shift lock mechanism). try to wiggle the shifter to and fro and see what happens.. good luck!

Ben
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Its not a sloppy shifter, its electrical if its an auto. It has an interlock solenoid on the shifter that, if it doesnt work, wont allow the ignition to release the key. You would need a new shifter because its only ava. as a unit. If you need one, let me know.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #4
hramos04
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49005
What I Drive: 2005 gray zx3

FF Reputation: 1 hramos04 Good Standing Member
for some reason it got fixed but im back to the same bproblem

sorry for my ignorance...whats a shifter... its that what would i ask for in a store?

Bookmarks & Social Networks