Gear Concept Shifter Bezel - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool! Thanks for the instructions! I've decided on a different attachment to avoid any stripping of the abs plastic consol and to impove the look imo. I located some beautiful allen key machine screws with washers and nuts. By using washers and nuts, I'll spread out the pressure needed to hold down the bezel. Perhaps not necessary but I hate the idea of stripping screw holes and then needing larger and larger screws, whatever. Whether or not the nuts and screws are an impovement in attachment ( and apparently unnecessary) I wouuld do it anyway because I like the look of stainless steel allen heads on the bezel.
Jake

-Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #12
03ChromeChica
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1133
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver ZX5 Zetec

FF Reputation: 4 03ChromeChica Good Standing Member
RPIJG: Did you buy your bezel painted or did you do it yourself?? Where canI get a good one ??
~Tiffany
Old 10-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #13
RPIJG
Mr. Wizard

Fan#: 18
What I Drive: '02 Focus SE 4DR Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 RPIJG Good Standing Member
my bezel came painted. It was listed as "red" and I half expected it to be fire engine red, however, it is very close to the Toreador (Sangria) Red that my car is. It is a metallic paint, which looks really nice, and it is clear coated. I got it from Ray at www.myfordperformance.com it is the gear concept bezel surround. I think he may have some of them listed in his clearance items post in the vendors topic in the forum. It is made of a nice high quality plastic, and I am very happy with its quality. I am waiting for winter to get here before I do any painting, that way the humidity will be nice and low and I won't have to wait months for stuff to dry. I intend to paint the vent surrounds, and the door handle trim piece to match the car.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #14
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

This is how it turned out. I'm thinking of pulling it up and painting it black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shtbzl.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	669  

-Homer Simpson
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 PM   #15
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
looks pretty damn good to me. :)
Old 11-10-2003, 02:12 PM   #16
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Looks good. Just for the record, I installed mine @ two months ago and have had no problems but I agree the allen key screw heads probably would look better.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:39 PM   #17
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Ya, the phillips screw head do look getto. It would be nice if some sort of screw cover came with them but the allen/hex screw heads sound like a good idea.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:43 PM   #18
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry my pic dosen't show the allen head bolts. You can prob imagine what they look like. They are stainless steel and look classy. If you find some they are easy enough to install.
Simply unscrew you bezel, and drill straight through. You'll need to remove the boot, which just pops right out. PUt the Bezel back on, drop the bolt through, and attach the nuts. It takes some patients to get the nuts started and you'll need a pretty small wrench to hold them untill they firm up, but it's not that hard. The whole install takes about 45 min.
If I think about it I'll use my real camera (that photo was taken with a shoot and toss) and take a close up.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Jake; 11-11-2003 at 02:38 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->