Window tinting-opinions wanted. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2003, 01:21 AM   #1
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Window tinting-opinions wanted.

I have a CD-Silver ZTW, thats the wagon. I think the wagon looks great with tinted windows but I'm not into a limo dark tint. So, I'm definatley going with a gray/black tint-no frosting but how dark to make it?

I thought I would go with a 35% tint but am now thinking about a lighter 50% tint.
Anyone have opinins on the tint strength on a silver colored Focus?

Jake

-Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2003, 05:58 AM   #2
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i'd go with 35%. it's not ridiculously dark, so it should look good in contrast with the silver of your wagon.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:02 AM   #3
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
i regret every day not going 5% on my zx5. The wagon has lots of windows, to let in lots of light. I like my windows dark, and 20% doesn't do it well on my car. I'd suggest 20% for you if you don't like to be too aggressively dark. I wouldn't go into color tinting though, like gray, mirror, *orange* tint, just get black 20% all the way around and look good. 50% wouldn't do anything at all, i'd be surprised if you could tell the difference on a decently sunny day.

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 09-26-2003, 05:37 PM   #4
Fabster82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 437
What I Drive: 2003 Focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 Fabster82 Good Standing Member
i would also have to say 35% its not too dark but it does give it a good look to the car. like cowsgomoo said the 50% wont do much so i do suggest the 35% if you dont want something that dark on your car

Mods: clear corners, interior under seat neons, MAC short ram, a bosal exhaust or fs exhaust to come
Old 09-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #5
latingeo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 260
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 latingeo Good Standing Member
I personally think you should find out what is your state law (35%) , been a Police Officer, anything under 30%, I would pull you over , that alone is probable cause to pull you over, then it might open a can of worms, now what ?
Just try to protect your self more, so you give us no more reason to pull you over. Just a friendly advice !!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
jollyjohnj
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
but of course you wouldn't give any of us fellow foci owners a ticket, right latingeo?
SVT SQUAD #39
Old 09-26-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. Washington State has a 35% limit on cars. If you have an SUV, you can do anything you want from the backseat windows back. I appreciate the dark windows on a sunny day but I live in the NW-the rain capital of the US (not really, but lots of overcast days) and then there is night driveing. Visability is rather important to me-duh! so I'm leaning towards a split. Passenger windows and drivers window, 50%, the rest 35%. I actually have that combo on another car and it dosn't look weird. Since there is only 15% diff between the two, unless you really look, you don't notice the diff.

I do think that darker windows look better on bright and strong colored cars, like red, yellow, etc. ON silver, I think you can overdo it with tint. This is the looks aspect of the tint. Obviously if I lived in Arizona or Fl. I think more about the protection a stong tint would provide.
I'm out.
Jake

-Homer Simpson
Old 09-27-2003, 09:11 AM   #8
latingeo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 260
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 latingeo Good Standing Member
You guys are my new Focus family, no tickets for ya !!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Tinted today. Decided on 35% rear seats back and 50% front. I'm real happy with the choice, though it may not be what others would like. The 50 in the front allows enough light in so I have great visability even at night, yet at only 15% difference from the back, most people would never notice the difference form the exterior. I think this is because you have a see through effect where the darker 35% is in the background from most angles.. However the darker 35% in the rear will make my dog cooler and the appearence is great against the silver. I went with a company that uses Llumar film. It comes with a life time guarantee and will not fade. Cost was $225. That is pretty typical around here.
I'm getting more, and more Focused! Next -the lower grille. Euro Hex patter to match the upper.
Someday a rear spoiler but engine mods will take precedence for a while now.

Jake

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Jake; 09-27-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:37 AM   #10
frenchfocus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 301
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 5-spd

FF Reputation: 1 frenchfocus Good Standing Member
[:)][:)][:)][:)], you got so raped. that's WAY too much money. I got my 5% done last week end, for $80. And he charges $90 for sedans and wagons. WOW!
If a cop pulls me over cuz of my tint, i'll probably flip a bitch. HE HAS WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HAND, no donut.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->