2000 SE 2.0 SOHC engine swap out - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Engine & Transmission Swap

Engine & Transmission Swap The place to chat about any engine and transmission swap.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
Raikohyuki
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51385
What I Drive: 2000 Silver/red Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Raikohyuki Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2000 SE 2.0 SOHC engine swap out

What would anyones best ideas be for a engine swap for my Focus, If I were to get a zetech swap, I'd want a Turbo. But could the ztech stock handle the PSI boost? Would there be anything I need to do to the engine itself to handle it? Before I were to drop the engine in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
BagginWagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33392
What I Drive: 00 Black Wagon SE

FF Reputation: 1 BagginWagon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
But use the search function.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
reallyniceguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51900
What I Drive: 00 focus se, mazda mx3, eclipse spy

FF Reputation: 1 reallyniceguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sell me your engine.. now!
Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
A stock Zetec can handle about 10-11 PSI of boost with proper tuning, although if you don't plan on swapping out the internals for forged pieces in the near future it would be wise to keep it closer to 8 or 9. About the same as what a stock SPI can handle...the difference is there really isn't a kit available for the SPI so you'd pretty much be on your own as far as getting the parts assembled and installed. So its a tossup; swap engines and be able to buy a preassembled turbo kit (Xios has one for the Zetec, plus Massive, CFM and SuperSnailFab all have kits in the works) or keep your current engine and BYOTK...

Another consideration would be other related parts, like a LSD...its going to become more and more difficult to find such parts now that Ford has dropped production of the SPI engine and the iB5 transaxle.

Bookmarks & Social Networks