Teh Official Mid-Atlantic Boredom Thread!!11!! - Page 5649 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Fanatics

Mid Atlantic Fanatics Serving the Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #56481
SMITHBOY76908
Focus Fanatic
 
SMITHBOY76908's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Fan#: 56301
Location: Zelenograd, Russia
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

Posts: 5,273
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Well... I had some fun last week. I had to fly down to Jackson, Mississippi for work and had some time to drive a couple hours south of there to visit family. I got pulled over by a city cop in the Jackson suburbs, which is the dark, liberal part of the state. *fun begins*

The cop came up to the window and before he got a chance to speak, I pounted out that I have a CCW and the gun on me. He looked at me kinda funny and said "wait, you said you have a gun on you?" "Yes..." I replied to which he stepped back from the car and went back to his car. Next thing I know, 3 more cop cars show up and tell me to step out of the car, place the gun on the roof, and walk backwards with my hands up. So, I complied and did as they asked. A second officer came up and said "What are you doing with this gun?" "Well officer, I have a right to carry it." I replied. He said "What is it?" to which I gave a smartass remark of "it's a gun." "Ok, jackass. I mean what type of gun? Do you have paperwork for this?" I said "It is a .22 revolver and yes I do have a CCW for it. I am also permitted to carry it per my work."

I handed the cop my CCW papers and my work papers which authorize me carry on the job. I then showed him my badge and he goes "Federal Air Marshal Service!? Officer Longley (the first guy), you said he didn't have paperwork." "All he told me was that he had a gun!" replied #1 Officer Jack-O of the day. I turned around and said "now tell me, if I had any intention of causing you harm, do you think I would blatently shout out that I have a gun? We have the right to carry in this country." The second officer apologized for waisting my time and said I could go.

That made my day. I knew what was going on and was smirking when the second cop walked up to me. I just don't get why people get so bent out of whack over a gun. I also never got the speeding ticket either. lol
__________________
Russia... is... awesome!
SMITHBOY76908 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #56482
Bstrong
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 104582
Location: Gastonia, NC
What I Drive: 2008 black se

Posts: 11
FF Reputation: 1 Bstrong Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Well... I had some fun last week. I had to fly down to Jackson, Mississippi for work and had some time to drive a couple hours south of there to visit family. I got pulled over by a city cop in the Jackson suburbs, which is the dark, liberal part of the state. *fun begins*

The cop came up to the window and before he got a chance to speak, I pounted out that I have a CCW and the gun on me. He looked at me kinda funny and said "wait, you said you have a gun on you?" "Yes..." I replied to which he stepped back from the car and went back to his car. Next thing I know, 3 more cop cars show up and tell me to step out of the car, place the gun on the roof, and walk backwards with my hands up. So, I complied and did as they asked. A second officer came up and said "What are you doing with this gun?" "Well officer, I have a right to carry it." I replied. He said "What is it?" to which I gave a smartass remark of "it's a gun." "Ok, jackass. I mean what type of gun? Do you have paperwork for this?" I said "It is a .22 revolver and yes I do have a CCW for it. I am also permitted to carry it per my work."

I handed the cop my CCW papers and my work papers which authorize me carry on the job. I then showed him my badge and he goes "Federal Air Marshal Service!? Officer Longley (the first guy), you said he didn't have paperwork." "All he told me was that he had a gun!" replied #1 Officer Jack-O of the day. I turned around and said "now tell me, if I had any intention of causing you harm, do you think I would blatently shout out that I have a gun? We have the right to carry in this country." The second officer apologized for waisting my time and said I could go.

That made my day. I knew what was going on and was smirking when the second cop walked up to me. I just don't get why people get so bent out of whack over a gun. I also never got the speeding ticket either. lol
Now that is a good story. Same thing happened to me when I was moving last year, I had 4 guns in my back seat (all in cases and all my paperwork in a folder in the front seat) and they were asking me what I was planning to do and eventually I had to state if they had any problems I would go ahead and call my lawyer. Needless to say that stopped them.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using FF Mobile
Bstrong is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #56483
viney266
Focus Fanatic
 
viney266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 93
Location: westminster, maryland, MD
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Posts: 25,577
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
It is truly sad how ignorant of firearms and gun laws people are in this country. EVEN the cops.
My highschool had a shooting range and a shooting team for Gods sake. and I'm not THAT old.Somehow people have decided guns are evil and all the idiots jumped on the bandwagon.
Nice job Bryce
__________________
Speed is only a matter of money; how fast do you want to go?
viney266 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #56484
Chick
Moderator
 
Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Fan#: 151
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

Posts: 60,505
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Life's a garden, can you dig it?
__________________
February 2005 ROTM
Chick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #56485
swfst
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 95922
Location: Lost, United States
What I Drive: Focus

Posts: 593
FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick View Post
Life's a garden, can you dig it?
I dig well, very well.
swfst is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #56486
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer
 
Malibooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Fan#: 68054
Location: NYC, NY
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

Posts: 2,109
FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
My highschool had a shooting range and a shooting team for Gods sake.
MY high school had a rifle team...and it's in gun control crazy NYC.

Unrelated: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...06#post4406506

Still looking to get manual enthusiasts on camera.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBomb
Omaha is worthless besides the World Series of College Baseball and horny white girls that for some odd reason find me attractive.
Malibooya is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #56487
sixshooter
Godspeeding
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70879
Location: Southern Chester County, PA
What I Drive: 2009 Mustang GT Premium

Posts: 2,003
FF Reputation: 7 sixshooter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Wish I could sell these last bit o parts!
__________________
'09 Mustang GT Premium
sixshooter is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #56488
Red01Focus
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Fan#: 40437
Location: Lancaster, PA, PA
What I Drive: 2001 Infa Red SE

Posts: 2,360
FF Reputation: 10 Red01Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (56)
sorry josh i really want to buy but my fiance says the only way i can buy them is if i sell the other parts im not going to use lol...so making a for sale post soon hahaha
__________________
SEDAN REVOLUTION #13
Red01Focus is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #56489
Chick
Moderator
 
Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Fan#: 151
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

Posts: 60,505
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
I wish I could find that pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow.
__________________
February 2005 ROTM
Chick is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #56490
sixshooter
Godspeeding
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Fan#: 70879
Location: Southern Chester County, PA
What I Drive: 2009 Mustang GT Premium

Posts: 2,003
FF Reputation: 7 sixshooter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red01Focus View Post
sorry josh i really want to buy but my fiance says the only way i can buy them is if i sell the other parts im not going to use lol...so making a for sale post soon hahaha
Let me know what you have, maybe could do some trades!
__________________
'09 Mustang GT Premium
sixshooter is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teh official 'Kevin has teh baby popped out yet' thread Chick Mid Atlantic Fanatics 108 03-25-2008 09:43 PM
Mid Atlantic G2G, Sunday April 22nd Snatchback Mid Atlantic Fanatics 12 05-08-2007 07:57 PM
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEETS Svt4life Mid Atlantic Fanatics 15 06-06-2005 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.