Teh Official Mid-Atlantic Boredom Thread!!11!! - Page 5216 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Fanatics

Mid Atlantic Fanatics Serving the Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #52151
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
No he has not contacted me, but is that the extent of his being dealt with? He has acted like this to far more people than just myself; it's just unfortunate that most of those people decide to lash out back at him, cause drama and arguments, and end up banned.
In the case of him PMing you, that was completely out of line and he was reprimanded for that behavior. And what Iíve posted is not the extent of the full reprimand only asking if he has sent you anything similar recently, as itís our policy not to openly discuss matters, but he is aware of the consequences of such behavior again in the future.

Quote:
you welcome a debate with Tom to clear up misinformation, yet that's exactly what I was doing when Tom sent me that PM in this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255416

After post 96 where I ask him to clarify himself for the 100th time, he tries starting something with me by acting like I'm a know-it-all in post 97. Again I try to get him to clarify himself in post 100, and that's when he goes off on me in PMs.

And still, he will not clarify himself. If you read that PM of his, he blatantly states he won't share the information because it makes him money when people and dealerships send their cars to him to get timed. And yet almost immediately after sending that PM, he's telling another member that he's been trying to get Ford to change their timing method:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s....php?p=3656465 post 43..
Iíve read both post 43 and 97, while I agree post 97 has a condescending tone, he didnít violate any forum rules with that posts.

Quote:
you welcome a debate with Tom to clear up misinformation, yet that's exactly what I was doing when Tom sent me that PM in this thread
Yes we welcomed debates, but I canít force him to debate with you nor can I do it with anyone else. My comment was specifically stating that we welcome debates as long as its conducted in a manner that doesnít involve breaking the forum rules.

As for your other comment with him on not clarifying his information, I also canít force him to share any information that he may construed as anti competitive practices.

If you are a member and find him unprofessional then you have the right to decide not to do business with him. As long as no one is being scammed then he does have the right to share or withhold information for the benefit of his business.

Quote:
Look, I entirely understand that he's a major supporter of this website and websites aren't cheap to run. But there really has to be a point where you start wondering if all of these problems that constantly reoccur on the forums are really being caused by problem-making members, or if there's actually some merit to what so many people have been saying for so many years.
Our operations costs per year and what we charge our affiliates like Focus-Power, C-F-M, Massive, etc. per month does not even cover 10% of our expenses. So donít believe in the misconception that we rely on them to cover our expenses. Plus whatever revenue we make on other forms of advertising we give right back to the community by giving away free merchandise or host events like FocusFest where we spend thousands of dollars just to provide a venue for members to meet up every year. If our intent was to profit off of this site, we wouldnít be taking the extra efforts to do such things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #52152
Tom
FF Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
i should have taken off today.

-I am the one that Ian referred to Turbo Tom. I am the one that was unsatisfied by his service. I am the one that lost out $650 to deal with cantankerous man.
Do you want me to quote the original PM you sent me? I've asked you before via PM with regard to what you wanted me to do in your case and did Tom ever scammed you or was it another matter. You replied that its okay, you're just unhappy with his unorganized service but don't want any actions taken against him. And because you were going to McNews and didnt want the mental stress of having a retired guy tune your car. Now you are saying that I'm protecting him?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #52153
Tom
FF Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
yes please do.
This is the PM I received from you after I sent you a PM telling you why it was closed and if you wanted me to step in and help you resolve the issue. You explained to me that he was unorganized to work with, but at the same time realize that he's on vacation when you tried to get ahold of him here.

I also did exactly as you asked by noting that you went with another tuner and not deleting your thread. If you want to dig it back up you're welcomed to search for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83
I decided that I am going with Mcnews. Hopefully 2 weeks from now i can have it dyno tuned with them.

After milling it over with my dad and myself while Tom was still on vacation, i decided that the mental stress of trying to get that unorganized, retired man to tune my car is just not worth it. If i get another corrupted file i have to start over again. I don't believe in NOT saving your work as you go, so I won't be going with him.

No issues with you closing the thread. I didn't want to post again there as I have made my decision and any more posting there would just get it all riled back up again. If you would like to add that "The OP has decided to tune elsewhere" or something like that then that's fine.

yeah, i know, HaveBlue83 didn't incite a riot this time , I give you guys ENOUGH grief on here as it is. I wanted that thread to be an archive for the issues I had with him.

On another note, I wanted to thank you for keeping this forum alive, I have enjoyed it very much over the years, thanks for that Tom.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #52154
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Not everyone is computer savvy as you nor interested using other means of communication and we're not here to force them meet your standards of what is considered professional and unprofessional. Yes TopSpeed, C-F-M, DGR and Massive all conduct their business via PM on our site. I have raised PM quotas several times so that they can handle the volume of communications here.

You are entitled to your opinion and how you handle issues and comunication standards on your community as its not my place to comment. Furthermore you can think or assume as much as you like with regard to how we treat affiliates and members, the bottom line is everyone is here at their own choosing. If people don't like how things operate or feel that we treat them unfairly in any way then there are millions of other communities out there. However as long as you are here we ask that you be considerate and follow our rules. If you have any other comments I'm more than happy to read it over PM.
Um I hate to state the obvious but if you are on a web forum, you are obviously savvy enough for a email account, it is a requirement to establish an account is it not?
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #52155
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Why are we still arguing in here? I'm so tired of this drama (which didn't even exist until last night when Ian posted something) it's not funny. Take it to some other forum. And if you don't like this one then don't click on it that simple. This drama crap is one of the reasons why the Mid Atlantic is going down the toilet. We use to be the tightest knit group here then people started getting to one anothers business, talking about others behind their backs, it's like we are still in high school or something. Give it a rest or take it elsewhere. I'm coming here to have fun & talk about cars & random, stupid things not act like I'm in 7th grade.

And yes I know some of you don't like me for some dumb reason but I don't really give a crap. If I knew I did something to you then I'd have a reason to care.

Let's all put on our happy face & hold hands & sing happy songs and get over it.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #52156
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX3_Chick View Post
Why are we still arguing in here? I'm so tired of this drama (which didn't even exist until last night when Ian posted something) it's not funny. Take it to some other forum. And if you don't like this one then don't click on it that simple. This drama crap is one of the reasons why the Mid Atlantic is going down the toilet. We use to be the tightest knit group here then people started getting to one anothers business, talking about others behind their backs, it's like we are still in high school or something. Give it a rest or take it elsewhere. I'm coming here to have fun & talk about cars & random, stupid things not act like I'm in 7th grade.

And yes I know some of you don't like me for some dumb reason but I don't really give a crap. If I knew I did something to you then I'd have a reason to care.
Sorry Ash but I don't really see where there's drama here. All I see is constructive criticism between a forum admin and it's members.

and I have to agree with jinstall. He can use the tuning software (kinda) but he can't put together a simple site and an email address to conduct business. fail. It's so easy to do. Hell Go Daddy will even MAKE you a site for just $2.95 a month.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #52157
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX3_Chick View Post

Let's all put on our happy face & hold hands & sing happy songs and get over it.
I don't like you, I just think you HAWT [bootyshak
Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #52158
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing MemberCJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I don't bash Turbo Tom (TT), I just don't do business with him. I believe in first impressions and word of mouth when it comes to me doing business with a company and my first impression of TT was poor and I chose not to do business with him. He lacks professionalism which is KEY in ANY business. This is why I purchased my Stage II kit through Randy at FSWerks. I installed it on a Monday and was tuned by that Friday. TT is not the only tuner on the market that can tune our cars. TT gets reprimanded right along with the members who step over the line. I've dealt with him through PM, warning him about his behavior before and he's complied and I've done the same with other members involved. It's when the members keep getting their little jabs in at him that gives him the reason to start firing back and that's when the ban hammer starts swinging, as was the case when the mullet avatars started popping up. The admin/mod team knew exactly what was behind their meaning. I hear a lot of the members complain about TT's misinformation and antics, but they keep going to his forum here and stirring up crap, then TT deletes posts (as is his right) and members get upset. If you don't like the guy, stop dealing with him and stop going to his section. There's also a vendor/merchant review forum that people can post their complaints about vendor/merchant/business. I've seen several threads started about other businesses or members who scam people, but haven't seen too many dealing with TT. The key to it is wording it tactfully and not as a personal attack. Members complain about things like that being posted for the viewing pleasure of the general public, but not too many people use it. I love visiting FF and FJ and I support both sites and have done business with several sponsors of both sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Bill, I respect your opinion and agree with the majority of what you say except about Focus Rising. It's a multi-forum event, yes and it should be posted on both sites and advertised on both sites, right? Then why has this forum made efforts to knock on FR since there is FF this year, especially when the original organizers of the event are from this site? You can't unite two forums when the leaders of both sides aren't willing to compromise. The only way you're going to unite the people like that is on a separate site away from bias such as Florida Focus or MNFocus. FR was a big hit last year and is looking to be this year as well. I just think it would be much more prosperous if the staff of the two forums had come together to actually support the event. When they don't, it makes it look like the leaders are more for the money, attention, personal stuff, whatever it may be rather than being there for the community which is the original purpose of forums in the first place.
As far as FR, FF is still supporting this, just not in the same spectrum as before. Why, you ask? Because when one of the founders of FR started bashing FF (and he knows who he is). I don't blame Tom for his decision on this. I would have done the same thing if I, as a sponsor, was getting bashed. We are all part of the Focus community and can support these multi-forum events, but it's us, as supporting members, that have to grow up and show the support for these events like adults, not childish high school drama queens.

As far as your "non-biased" Florida Focus comment. Sorry, I call BS on that. FLF is full of FF bashing, as well as, TT bashing (yes, I've read the threads). Hell, members on there have even bashed FJ a few times. When a "non-biased" forum has a thread titled "Turbo Tom Is Fing Gay" shows a tremendous amount of bias in my eyes. FLF is far from being non-biased.
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #52159
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

eh never mind the oxygen is better up here.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #52160
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Ash, how's Molly?

Bookmarks & Social Networks