Teh Official Mid-Atlantic Boredom Thread!!11!! - Page 5214 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Fanatics

Mid Atlantic Fanatics Serving the Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #52131
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 19,749
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Bill asked me to look in here so I'm going to address some of your posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by arrestmespi View Post
Okay so why am I leaving.
I get banned for a week no explanation other then starting drama, okay there is some credibility to that because I had a mullet man avatar to poke fun at the king of this forum, oh mighty god himself turbo tom. I have some problems with his technical practices, and how he does business. He screwed a friend of mine after I recommended that my friend go to him for tuning.

I will cause no more drama, as I am gone after this post.
Thank you for almost 6 years in the community
First of all which friend is this and how was he screwed? Ian, you know why you were temp banned so I won’t go into details. Your account is now on limited access for two-weeks because your user title has been reset twice and each time you went in there and changed it back. No one here connected to Florida is being pushed out. In fact we can care less of what’s going on there. Its only when it’s brought back here that we have to deal with. If you give me a case where members were being banned or infracted without cause then I'd be happy to issue an apology and restore their account.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
Really seriously are g kidding me? Tom set Feed Back to PRIVATE?
The feedback forum has always been a private area for the last three years, some of you here already know that. We had a couple of cases where members posted their username and password when asking to get their account activated that we feel it was best to make it private.

We did some software upgrading to the forum and restructuring at the end of last year and it reset the permissions back to default. It wasn’t until recently that a mod pointed that out to me that we restored the permissions back to its original state.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
The only thing Tom is doing is destroying his own site. thats it..
Care to explain your comment?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
I wrote a lot, but the main point is I agree. The site owner here needs to seriously reconsider his relationship with turbo Tom to make some kind of positive change. It's amazing that he can't see that all of this drama is being caused by Tom, not the ever-growing army of disgruntled customers and offended members.
Tell me why we need to reconsider our relationship with TurboTom? The only drama that's been going around here is caused by other people and their childish antics. Some of the members just simply jumped on the bandwagon from a few instigators without reason. All the moderators on our team here can vouch for me when they say I treat TurboTom just the same as I treat anyone else here. He receives the same reprimands as anyone else.
Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #52132
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 19,749
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
I see. i guess my question is why only certain people can and can't. i like to tag pictures that i upload to the gallery section. I tried doing it one day and no permissions. most other people i talk to can still do it. I just never got an answer that made sense. I guess yours make sense as to stop BS with certain people, but im not sure why it's random as to who can and who cannot.
The tags that you see were probably remnants of our system. As of the last few years no one should be able to make any more new tags except the moderators.
Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #52133
Ahuzen
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ahuzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 76157
Location: Bridgeport, WV
What I Drive: 05 Silver ZX3, 02 Silver SVT

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 2 Ahuzen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The tags that you see were probably remnants of our system. As of the last few years no one should be able to make any more new tags except the moderators.
so im a mod? i just made a tag in this thread. misfire is right about the system being hit or miss with tag creation
__________________
2005 Silver ZX3 SE DD
2002 CD Silver SVT project 'Rat Race'
2003 Red SVT EAP parts car
2003 Pitch Black SVT Dad's car
Ahuzen is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #52134
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 19,749
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahuzen View Post
so im a mod? i just made a tag in this thread. misfire is right about the system being hit or miss with tag creation
It may be something we need to look into that may have been associated with the software upgrade, but like I said no one is supposed to be making any more tags. Also moderators can pull up all usernames making tags so we can resolve that rather quickly.
Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #52135
Ahuzen
Focus Enthusiast
 
Ahuzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 76157
Location: Bridgeport, WV
What I Drive: 05 Silver ZX3, 02 Silver SVT

Posts: 464
FF Reputation: 2 Ahuzen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
It may be something we need to look into that may have been associated with the software upgrade, but like I said no one is supposed to be making any more tags. Also moderators can pull up all username making tags so we can resolve that rather quickly.
alright, i was just wanting to point out that its still possible for some of us.
__________________
2005 Silver ZX3 SE DD
2002 CD Silver SVT project 'Rat Race'
2003 Red SVT EAP parts car
2003 Pitch Black SVT Dad's car
Ahuzen is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #52136
SMITHBOY76908
Focus Fanatic
 
SMITHBOY76908's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Fan#: 56301
Location: Zelenograd, Russia
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

Posts: 5,273
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Tell me why we need to reconsider our relationship with TurboTom? The only drama that's been going around here is caused by other people and their childish antics. Some of the members just simply jumped on the bandwagon from a few instigators without reason. All the moderators on our team here can vouch for me when they say I treat TurboTom just the same as I treat anyone else here. He receives the same reprimands as anyone else.
Tom, if you look back and see through the threads where there has been a scruffle between Turbo Tom and other members, it's because Turbo Tom has been an a-hole to the members or called them out or said something with disrespect to the members that instigated it. He provokes alot of the turmoil on this site and it seems whenever it gets brought up to the moderators and to you, you guys just turn a blind eye and ignore it. So what else are we to think? We report his antics every time we see it yet nothing gets done. There were several occasions where he has disrespected me in ways that violate several forum rules yet when I report him, nothing gets done. Why don't you TEMP BAN HIM for once! Don't temp ban the actual knowledgeable people on the site for arguing with him when he provokes it. That just drives the worthwhile information off the site. That is why we say you are ruining your own site. Backing up the a-holes and banning the actual knowledgeable members will drop site quality very fast.

Turbo Tom lies through his teeth and it's very easy to see, like how we all know he's not really in Mexico for instance. We are just saying maybe you should reconsider who gets the staff's support on this site before the site tanks. I've literally watched as more and more of the knowledgeable people on this site over the last year have made their way over to FJ and all because of Turbo Tom spreading misinformation, provoking conflicts, disrespecting members, and screwing customers over.


Bill, I respect your opinion and agree with the majority of what you say except about Focus Rising. It's a multi-forum event, yes and it should be posted on both sites and advertised on both sites, right? Then why has this forum made efforts to knock on FR since there is FF this year, especially when the original organizers of the event are from this site? You can't unite two forums when the leaders of both sides aren't willing to compromise. The only way you're going to unite the people like that is on a separate site away from bias such as Florida Focus or MNFocus. FR was a big hit last year and is looking to be this year as well. I just think it would be much more prosperous if the staff of the two forums had come together to actually support the event. When they don't, it makes it look like the leaders are more for the money, attention, personal stuff, whatever it may be rather than being there for the community which is the original purpose of forums in the first place.
__________________
Russia... is... awesome!
SMITHBOY76908 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #52137
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 19,749
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Tom, if you look back and see through the threads where there has been a scruffle between Turbo Tom and other members, it's because Turbo Tom has been an a-hole to the members or called them out or said something with disrespect to the members that instigated it...
Whenever we get a reported post we never turn a blind eye, in fact there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that regular members aren't aware of.

We don't ban members who argue with TurboTom, in fact we welcome a good debate so that any misinformation gets cleared up. Its when people step over the line and violate the forum rules with personal attacks and childish antics that get themselves into trouble. I won't go into the details, but you can ask any Red mod if there was a case where we turn a blind eye and not deal with issues with TurboTom when its reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Turbo Tom lies through his teeth and it's very easy to see, like how we all know he's not really in Mexico for instance.
I'm not even sure what your comment about him not being in Mexico has to do with any open issues here. He has a home in Mexico but still has a business and another home in NC. Is he not allowed to come back home if he has a retirement home in Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
He provokes alot of the turmoil on this site and it seems whenever it gets brought up to the moderators and to you, you guys just turn a blind eye and ignore it. So what else are we to think?
Have you thought of asking a Red mod or even myself directly via PM? I know you have had your history of arguments with TurboTom with regard to the FS Turbo kit that have resulted to personal attacks back and forth but your account is still active isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Turbo Tom spreading misinformation, provoking conflicts, disrespecting members, and screwing customers over.
If TurboTom has scammed a member in any way and we find out it's true then we'll revoke his status here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Then why has this forum made efforts to knock on FR since there is FF this year, especially when the original organizers of the event are from this site? You can't unite two forums when the leaders of both sides aren't willing to compromise.
I'll let Bill explain this if he wants to, since you may construed my opinion as biased. He is well aware of everything thats going on.
Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #52138
CaysE
EDM Specialist
 
CaysE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22059
Location: Tampa, FL
What I Drive: Blown red SVT

Posts: 6,581
FF Reputation: 80 CaysE Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
...Tell me why we need to reconsider our relationship with TurboTom? The only drama that's been going around here is caused by other people and their childish antics. Some of the members just simply jumped on the bandwagon from a few instigators without reason. All the moderators on our team here can vouch for me when they say I treat TurboTom just the same as I treat anyone else here. He receives the same reprimands as anyone else.
The drama is not caused by childish antics; it's caused by Tom getting worked up when people question him... which provokes others. If you didn't see the PM from him I reported last week, you should look for it. I have been a very helpful member to this forum, won Focus of the Year last year, and tried my best in my earlier years to diffuse forum battles... but like so many other veteran members, I have come to learn that Tom is the source of all of the battles. Look at his signature that he's had for years: "Other Focus forums? Don't waste your time..." How is that helpful to anyone at all? The PM he sent me was a direct violation of the rules calling me a dick and an idiot, and the entire reason he got pissed off is because he doesn't like being pushed for answers that he doesn't want to give. I didn't make mullet jokes or change my avatar in some attempt to smear him; he just doesn't like people questioning him and lashes out when people do. After I reported that PM, nothing happened. Nobody apologized, nobody replied to me, not a mod or admin, nothing.
CaysE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #52139
SMITHBOY76908
Focus Fanatic
 
SMITHBOY76908's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Fan#: 56301
Location: Zelenograd, Russia
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

Posts: 5,273
FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Whenever we get a reported post we never turn a blind eye, in fact there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that regular members aren't aware of.

We don't ban members who argue with TurboTom, in fact we welcome a good debate so that any misinformation gets cleared up. Its when people step over the line and violate the forum rules with personal attacks and childish antics that get themselves into trouble. I won't go into the details, but you can ask any Red mod if there was a case where we turn a blind eye and not deal with issues with TurboTom when its reported.



I'm not even sure what your comment about him not being in Mexico has to do with any open issues here. He has a home in Mexico but still has a business and another home in NC. Is he not allowed to come back home if he has a retirement home in Mexico?



Have you thought of asking a Red mod or even myself directly via PM? I know you have had your history of arguments with TurboTom with regard to the FS Turbo kit that have resulted to personal attacks back and forth but your account is still active isn't it?


I'll let Bill explain this if he wants to, since you may construed my opinion as biased. He is well aware of everything thats going on.



If TurboTom has scammed a member in any way and we find out it's true then we'll revoke his status here.
As Admin of two forums, and moderator of 2 others, all of which have prospered nicely, I just don't see eye to eye with how this site is run.

I'm always open to opinions, bias or not. Just letting you know what we, the members, see. There's alot that goes on behind the scenes, I know this, but the everyday members who have never been in this position have no clue. They see what they see and that's it. Put yourself in their shoes and watch one member get banned when another doesn't for doing something worse that provoked the first member. I have never been banned, this is true, but I've watched someone get banned for calling Tom a mullet-loving troll right after Tom called that very person an A$$hole and Jack@$$ and I mean the very post after. Turbo Tom didn't even get as much as an infraction for it and I personally recall reporting that post. That wasn't the only time I've noticed this either.
__________________
Russia... is... awesome!
SMITHBOY76908 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #52140
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 19,749
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
The PM he sent me was a direct violation of the rules calling me a dick and an idiot, and the entire reason he got pissed off is because he doesn't like being pushed for answers that he doesn't want to give. I didn't make mullet jokes or change my avatar in some attempt to smear him; he just doesn't like people questioning him and lashes out when people do. After I reported that PM, nothing happened. Nobody apologized, nobody replied to me, not a mod or admin, nothing.
You reported your PM and it was dealt with, has he contacted you since then nor send any other PM's similar in nature?
Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teh official 'Kevin has teh baby popped out yet' thread Chick Mid Atlantic Fanatics 108 03-25-2008 09:43 PM
Mid Atlantic G2G, Sunday April 22nd Snatchback Mid Atlantic Fanatics 12 05-08-2007 07:57 PM
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEETS Svt4life Mid Atlantic Fanatics 15 06-06-2005 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.