Focus Fanatics Extreme Autocross Challenge - FAQ - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #31
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

Fan#: 20426
What I Drive: '00 ZX3 Turbo, '06 ST Turbo

Points 5,033, Level 45
Points: 5,033, Level: 45 Points: 5,033, Level: 45 Points: 5,033, Level: 45
Level Up 42% Completed
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 24 tiresmoker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfokus View Post
http://www.pcachs.org/autocross/auto...x03_class.html
If we dont make ten events in 08 can we use results from 07? to make ten?
Cant wait to run again.
The only thing I forgot to mention about the PCA is that they run a different setup as far a classification goes. So in your case you would have to let us know what mods you would have done to your car in order to class it my SCCA standards.

Also, only the current year results could be used. Since the season hasn't started yet (Spring 08) results from last year wouldn't count.

It sucks for the people that don't get a solid 10 events in in a season, but I'll talk with WeeASP and WD40 as see if we can do something about that.
ST Crew #19
2006 ST Turbo: JUNE 07 ROTM 2007 Ride of the Year
2000 ZX3: superturbochargedpartscar
2005 Shinka RX-8: too many mods....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT
It was like concentrated death on chicken
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #32
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Of the 5 questions I posted a few days ago, I've seen answers for the first three. Two more to go...

4) Any thoughts on how you'll handle the open street tire classes? I'm not referring to the ST classes, but the combined class that catches everyone not running r compound tires. Some clubs run a FWD class and a RWD class, while other clubs combine the two.

5) Minimum class participation...If you're the only one running in GS that day, do you still get full points for that event?

As for the number of events. I checked the four clubs that I listed in my first post and they all run 8 events per year. Out of these eight events, a driver's two or three lowest scored events are dropped and the remaining 5 or 6 count towards the season championship.

I'm not saying that you should drop the number of events, just giving you an idea of what goes on in the Chicago/Milwaukee area.

Ed
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #33
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
DD ima be running sts as well, maybe ill come down to chitown fora race so i can race with ya
Come on down...Chicago has a nice big open space to play with and the courses are usually pretty fast.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #34
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

Points 5,033, Level 45
Level Up 42% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds View Post
Of the 5 questions I posted a few days ago, I've seen answers for the first three. Two more to go...

4) Any thoughts on how you'll handle the open street tire classes? I'm not referring to the ST classes, but the combined class that catches everyone not running r compound tires. Some clubs run a FWD class and a RWD class, while other clubs combine the two.

5) Minimum class participation...If you're the only one running in GS that day, do you still get full points for that event?

As for the number of events. I checked the four clubs that I listed in my first post and they all run 8 events per year. Out of these eight events, a driver's two or three lowest scored events are dropped and the remaining 5 or 6 count towards the season championship.

I'm not saying that you should drop the number of events, just giving you an idea of what goes on in the Chicago/Milwaukee area.

Ed

K here's my take on it.

4) Not really sure what you mean here. If you're not on r-copms and your car fits into one of the ST* classes that's where you run. Are you saying like a SM or *SP car running in a catch all class because of no r-comps? Basically whatever your car fits into by the SCCA guidelines that is what class you should run and enter here with.

5) The way two of the groups I run with do it like this. If there are classes running that day that only have 1 entry, then all those classes get grouped together into and index class. Basically then they have someone to run against, but their PAX times count for places in that class to make it fair, not RAW times.

Not really sure at this point how to take care of that situation. You did bring up an interesting point with #5 though, I'll definately have to look into that.

As far as the runs are concerned, that's why we gave the option to choose which ones you would like to count. Say you have an event on Saturday, then an Event on Sunday. You may want to wait until after the event on Sunday to see which one you placed higher in.

Just remember though, you have to post up your times within (3) days of the time they are posted up on whatevers website for verification. Kinda like pick and choose.
ST Crew #19
Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

For #4...if I show up at an SCCA event in Chicago or Milwaukee and lets say I have a totally stock SVT on regular street tires. Instead of being put into GS, I'll be placed into an combined index class.
Because I'm running on street tires, I'll be competing with everyone else running street tires. Here's a link to a results page from a Milwaukee event this past year.
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/2..._fin_NoPro.htm

Scroll down toward the bottom to view the combined street tire classes.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #36
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

Points 5,033, Level 45
Level Up 42% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
ahhhh, I see what they did there. They are still basing the results off of PAX times for trophies. Interesting. None of the groups I run with do that

That's a real tough one to decide on. Just because of the way we run, you wouldn't have been broken up like that, be it r-comps or not, you're in "your" class ya know. They can make a huge difference in times though. (tires that is)

WeeASP, you thoughts on how to handle this......
ST Crew #19
Quote:
Old 11-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #37
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aw man... wish this had been around when I had the SVTF. Looks like a ton of fun!
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #38
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Count me in.
My question is what if your car changes classes half way through the season, how will this effect my scoring. My vehicle is going through alot right now and will still be in surgery at start of the season and completed about half way through.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #39
eventerke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41299
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 3 eventerke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I had an idea on the 'class too small' question. Lets say you need at least 4 in your class to count points in the challenge -

Say you run in STS, but are the only competitor.

In that case, take the times of the next slower class, and figure your results as if you were included (could use raw or pax - not sure which is better).

If this did not bring your ad-hoc class up to 4, then add in the competitors from the next-faster class. Again re-place yourself based on time.

Rinse and repeat with the next slower, then next faster (would only need one more if class minimum was 4).

What do you guys think?

On the 'Tire' class, I think the fairest way would be to just submit your results as if you'd run in the same stock class or SM/SP - I can't think of any other way to parse those results out within a fully PAXed class fairly.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #40
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All sorry I've been absent.

Getting married on December 1 and all the "last minute" details are taking a lot of time.

Back on point...

Conundrum...

Relative to lumping multiple classes and cars into a single class IMHO was never a good idea, but a lot of regions do it.

For example, an SS Viper running R-compounds vs. an SVTF in STS on street tires is like bringing a howitzer to a spitball fight.

So, I see the issue and we'll try to come up with something.

However, I can think of a number of scenarios that would fit outside the construct of the Extreme Focus AX Challenge and we can't adjust for each of these.

That said, this is a good point and we'll work through it. My knee-jerk reaction was there isn't much we can do about the multi-class situations, but the more I thought about it, I think we can come up with a fix.

Be patient and we'll get there.

Modifications halfway through the season. Go for it. The scoring system takes care of itself. Believe it or not, most people who change their set-ups at mid season usually run slower in the second half.

Mid-season modifications won't have any bearing on the outcome from a "fairness" standpoint.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.