Ford Closing Dealerships... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
zekester
Focus Addict

Fan#: 871
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver ZX3, 2.3L Duratec w/

FF Reputation: 8 zekester Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford Closing Dealerships...

Ran into a friend of mine who is the parts manager for a semi-local Ford Dealership here in CT, (Wagner Ford in Simsbury).

Anyway I asked him if they had sold that black GT500 they had sitting on the showroom floor a couple of weeks ago. He then said, "Don't know, don't care". He then proceeded to inform that the Wagner family had sold the dealership back to Ford & they plan on closing it as of the first of the new year. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Wagner Ford, has been owned & operated by the Wagner family for over 50 years.

I guess the patriarch of the family was "put out to pasture" per say, and the son, (who is a multi-millionaire in his own right), came up from Texas to "run" this business. Well we all know what that meant. From what Steve told me, Ford plans on closing 500 dealerships. They have already gone through Rhode Island, and there is now a grand total of 3 dealerships left in the state. Granted it is not a very big state, but some scarry writing on the wall.

I guess I will have to call my Ford dealership to see if they plan on closing thier doors anytime soon...?

Steve also told me that the "son" plans on opening up a high end used car business in its place, (Lexus, MB, Jag, etc). I forgort what he said the name was going to be, but his plan is to market it like Carmax and franchise it...? Might go well in Simsbury due to it being a pretty affuent community, but franchises, just don't know about that. A good idea in theory I guess.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
yeah well ford is grabin at straws, but if all there gonna offer is what they keep pumpin out,, so be it there sales are down so guess theyd rather cut heads,, and you can bet if there closing dealerships ya know what that means.... there big time going global,, and it aint gonna do much good to shop around because theyll be no compitition in pricing between ford dealers..
Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
BlackJack03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You're behind the game bud.

A few weeks ago the Ford store 10 minutes from my house shut down without ANY warning to any employee. The salesmen, mechanics, and everybody showed up and were told to go home and not come back. Seems like a trend to me, and I don't think it's just because Ford's sales are down...EVERY car business in town is suffering bigtime. I'm finding out very quickly that the car business is really not doing well under this regime. If you ask me it just goes to show that the US economy really DOESN'T do well with a Republican leader. And yeah we could get into a big argument and go into semantics about that, but what I'm saying with that is just that Republican policies really hurt lower- and middle-class people, which is the majority of the US population. It's just stupid.

Blah!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Mr.Bergner
coffee, have some

Fan#: 32799
What I Drive: 2004 TW Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 53 Mr.Bergner Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^^ Well put, and that's jacked up about the dealerships closing their doors like that.
Hatch Nation #29_____________________________________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 10-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
jwh172
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42415
What I Drive: LG ST

FF Reputation: 1 jwh172 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
yeah they closed the dealership i got my focus at about a month after i got it

Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #6
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yeah a couple around here have closed too.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

Bookmarks & Social Networks