Weighed my car yesterday...... - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #111
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
the SVT, the ST is my driver

I though about doing crank windows also but I want to get one the scales again some time. A few years back when it was stock it was 2750. I do have a role bar installed so that will add probably 70lbs back in it,

I have photos posted in the Mid Atlantic forum

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #112
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No, I apologize. I'm not going to fabricate new bumper moldings. I'm actually going to fabricate new metal brace bumpers which should be MUCH lighter than the stock ones.

Nice job on the front fascia and ram-air inlet by the way. It looks nice!

I'm going to do somethong slightly different as far as a ram-air scoop. It involves a carbon fiber MINI-S hood scoop and my stock hood.

Can't deny the functionality of the location of yours and the shape of your fascia which should build lots of high pressure for your ram-air system.

My only concern for a street car would be pavement heat and it's effects of air inlet temps during summer when the pavement here in Texas is 160+ degrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
Pelotonracer2, you will be able to drop a lot more than that if you really try.

And for making your own bumpers, you might be able to buy them from me by then, I should be done with all the molds within the next two-three months. Here's a couple pics of the build process...
foam...

Glass...

bondo...

Finished piece...

new weight of bumper... 8 lbs heavier than stock (crappy), having over 2000 CFM...priceless. There are trade offs for removing or adding weight depending on the application.
Not trying to thread jack, just want you to know I've been doing glass and body work for a while now and that 1 piece took me three months to be ready for the Cloud9 paint. Making your own is gonna be a rough road but well worth it. When I'm done I will have a "one of a kind" focus, which not many people can say.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #113
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
the SVT, the ST is my driver

I though about doing crank windows also but I want to get one the scales again some time. A few years back when it was stock it was 2750. I do have a role bar installed so that will add probably 70lbs back in it,

I have photos posted in the Mid Atlantic forum
Do you have an EAP SVT, traction control or heated seats? Audiophile system? Mine has standard everything except sunroof and HIDs. There's 80 pounds difference in your car and mine. Perhaps gas levels etc?

I'm doing crank windows and manual mirrors. I will probably even paint the CF body parts silver. Essentially it should look about the same as it does now with the windows up. I plan on doing something with the interior to make it look nice, albeit minimalistic!

Ok, cool... I'll check the pics out.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #114
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Yes it’s fully loaded but with out the EAP. An 80lbs difference isn’t really that much a full take of gas is over 50lbs itself.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #115
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thanks for the complements. At first people see it and are like "what the.." Then we hop in and I take it up to 55 mph gradually, where there is little change. But when your above 50 mph and you go WOT there is a noticeable change in acceleration and shifts are much "crispier". Taking them up to 100+ in only a few seconds from a 55 drop is beautiful. The only bad part is the whisp from the damn MAF. Every ricer within a mile can hear me change gears. My next door neighbor spent 5 minutes trying to find my "turbo" LOL. Wish there is something we can do about that damn noise.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #116
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
i would gut my car but it rattles enough as it is lol
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #117
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
I have a solution for that, getting some from Partsexpress.com myself. Check out the sound deadening section of their site, also FYI FOR EVERYONE, they have a ton of stuff on clearence right now.

For BesthatIcouldo...
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=268-250
It's a lot lighter than DynaMat and similar products, water resistant, and flexible. YAY!!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #118
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
i actually have a hook up with b-quiet. i can get their stuff for cost...which is surprisingly cheap. and it blows dynamat out of the water in ALL the tests
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #119
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Cascade is a pretty new co. looking to sponsor a few cars.....aaahmmmnnnnnn....poke poke
Old 02-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #120
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

My interior will be completely carpeted so it won't have that freshly gutted metal racecar look at all.

Might look a bit "shag-a-delic" having carpet to the roof but the kind I'm going to use will be extremely lightweight (add less than 10 pounds for the intire interior) and will give the cabin a warm inviting feeling... at the very least

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->