Pattern Tek Rocks!!! (lots of pics) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
IcEMage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34864
What I Drive: 2010 Tacoma X-Runner

FF Reputation: 3 IcEMage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Pattern Tek Rocks!!! (lots of pics)

So about 6 weeks ago I was thinking about getting the Steeda CF dash kit....on the advice of shepski I contacted PatternTek

For 175 bucks I got the area around my radio done and all 4 vent covers done in color match Screaming Yellow CF. The color match is perfect, these pics don't do the work justice. It is truly beautiful. They use 3 coats of clear and wet sand the parts to baby ass smooth. Take a look for your self

It took 6 weeks total. Normally it takes about 3 however they are in the process of updating there shop so my parts were delayed a bit. I did not mind, they provided me with superior customer support. Casey was always letting me know how things were going. They even gave me a discount on my next project. I was thinking of doing the area around the gauges but I think that will be a pit too much. Only other part that I think I will to will be the knock outs on the door handles (not where you open the door but the part you grab to close the door). I love how it turned out, it really makes the interior pop. As most of you know the SVT interior is real dark, this really helps.

In the pics you can also see the custom Red Line shift boot It is Italian leather with a CF yellow stripe. The boot did not grab onto the small diameter STS I have so I just got a shift boot adaptor/reverce lock out delete thing from CFM..now it fits nice and snug...I will post some more pics of that when I get the new shift knob. (and yes I know my shift knob is huge.....I liked it at first but not any more, it sucks for power shifting...I just ordered a smaller round one, looks much like the stock svt one but it is still momo)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
looks AWESOME......wish it was REAL CF though........
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
Kayak_man
KayakOfTruth

Fan#: 30025
What I Drive: 2001, twilight blue ZX3

Points 5,193, Level 46
Points: 5,193, Level: 46 Points: 5,193, Level: 46 Points: 5,193, Level: 46
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 13 Kayak_man Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
looks good, i like it! thumbs up
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
shepski
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I think I just creamed in my jeans.

Who CARES if it's not real CF - that beats a stick-on kit ANY day, and no one's going to be making replacement Focus interior parts in real CF any time soon...

That looks SO much better than I ever would've imagined (I don't particularly LIKE carbon fiber interiors, real or otherwise). That is just awesome. I can't wait till MY parts are done - look at that gloss!

Then again, there's one area that looks a little weird - not gonna tell you where it IS, though, lest it drive you nuts (maybe you don't - and won't - see it).

Yeah, leave the guage cluster alone. I like the door-pull idea, and was thinking of doing it myself. I just wonder if they can sand away the faux-leather grain molded into them; I always thought they'd look cheesey as hell painted if they weren't completely smooth...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
IcEMage
Focus Enthusiast

Glad you guys like! Believe me it looks even better in person if that is possible :P

And yah I know what part you are talking about shepski, You really cant tell when sitting in the car so it does not bug me.

Yup the shift boot came from red line. I highly recommend them, it is of top notch quality. It took only 4 days to ship from Poland to me. Once I get the new shift knob I will post some more pics.

ADD: Yah they should be able to sand them smooth. If you look at there gallery there are a few parts in there that seem like they might have had texture before they did them.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
jmotank
"Party Pic WHORE"

Fan#: 10320
What I Drive: 2005 pitch black zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 jmotank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
well you sold me on this!! once i have the money together i'll go this route!
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
MBRP exhaust, SRI, BFG G-Force sports, Steeda STS, painted stock rims, 1 12" diamond audio D6 sub, 3201T audiobahn amp, JVC headunit, Kicker 6X8's, 2 Farad cole cap, FC front strut bar, under body LED kit
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
IcEMage
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmotank View Post
well you sold me on this!! once i have the money together i'll go this route!
Glad to hear it! you will not be disappointed
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #8
Elite Aviator
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38958
FF Reputation: 4 Elite Aviator Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is really really smooth looking. Honestly one of the best job's i've seen on these forums. Thats a pretty good deal too. Very impressive...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
shepski
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Yeah, I got samples from Redline a few months ago, just been hemming and hawing over whether to get a short throw first (otherwise I'd have to get a new boot made if and when I DID get a short throw)...

Neither of the available blues quite match the SVT blue inserts either, so I'm on the fence. I'll see how I'm liking my interior when I get my stuff back from PatternTek.

But YOUR boot looks great!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Damn that is nice.......I painted my vents myself, and it turned out great, but damn.....that is really impressive.

Bookmarks & Social Networks