Back Seat Delete - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM   #41
GonePostal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16697
What I Drive: 2004 Blue SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 GonePostal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: sleestak ::.. View Post
and if you did it yourself, it would be done by now. Was kinda the point of making this thread, ya know?
I plan on doing it myself once I get the templates. I do appreciate your input though, ya know.

Quote:
Speaking of...if you guys are going to do buy/sell, please try using a PM instead of junking up this thread with jibba-jabba. People dont want to sort through your chat to get answers/ideas.
A PM to me would have served the very point you just tried to make. More uncecessary chat to sort through.

Quote:
SquillyB - I actually thought about using some sound deadening materials, but passed on it. I do hear a bit more from the hatch area, maybe I will look into grabbing up that stuff in the future. Nice work.
Let's see if "Kyle" can respond to my question this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #42
KS1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46191
What I Drive: '04 Toreador Red Manual ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 KS1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Sorry guys, I had to go out of town on short notice, the templates will go out TODAY, I can't apologize enough for it taking so long, the last few weeks of my life have absolutely insane, I had a 2 month art show starting and the guy that was supposed to work there quit on me, but the templates will be in the mail by noon today
Zetec Crew #159

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #43
Spoonman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51786
What I Drive: 2003 DKBlue 2.3L Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Spoonman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This is a cool idea - but i frequently take people places in my back seat - grrr
I would like to build a seat replacement that weighed in around 10lbs or less. Would I be likely to catch flack on inspection day? Seat-belts would still be functional...and I would probably be using fiberglass or something to make the seat lightweight and durable.

Last edited by Spoonman; 11-29-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Materials...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #44
KS1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46191
What I Drive: '04 Toreador Red Manual ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 KS1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I would recommend just popping out the bottom of the back seat, the back will lay down flat after you remove that, and you can always screw it back in if you need it, it would only take 2 minutes to take in and out, and you could have a totally flat hatch area
Zetec Crew #159

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
Old 12-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #45
j-zetec_pr
MACHINERY TECHNIAN

Fan#: 47101
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3 Kona, MTX-75, Zetec

FF Reputation: 27 j-zetec_pr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
chiming in here...
i'd been wanting to take out my back seats for a while now. while i was at it, i took out my sub boxes (2 12'' enclosed double coils), and amps/ capacitor, spare tire/jack, and trunk carpeting. i went for a quick drive, then i put the spare and jack back... anyways, i did it this weekend and noticed a couple of things. first of all, i never realized how much weight all this stuff was and how noticeable it would be while driving. the car likes the weight reduction. i noticed that steering felt more neutral under hard cornering and it was a lot easier to throw the rear end out with lift induced snap oversteer, especially on wet asphalt. the other thing i noticed is that i can hear my exhaust screaming in my ear, probably because of the stripped interior and all the bare metal back there. i'm sure it would quiet down if i made a back seat delete, though i don't plan on making one.. then again, i have a ridiculously loud exhaust.

so in conclusion, i like it. i might put the seats back eventually, but i'll keep it like this for a while. i like how the car feels more nimble...
anybody else notice these things i mentioned?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #46
Spoonman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51786
What I Drive: 2003 DKBlue 2.3L Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Spoonman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InAndOutOfFocus View Post
I would recommend just popping out the bottom of the back seat, the back will lay down flat after you remove that, and you can always screw it back in if you need it, it would only take 2 minutes to take in and out, and you could have a totally flat hatch area
I should have bought a ZX3 I guess...but I like the 2.3L and I couldn't find a 2.3L ZX3 when I bought my car.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #47
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
yes, it def makes lil bit of a difference in how the car drives and a lil bit more exhaust noise. You can line it with some insulation and deaden the sound if ya like.

My reasons for removing the back seat were that beyond the fact that you can only really fit 3 people in my hatch (cause I am 6'6" and no one sits behind me), I snowboard a LOT in the winter and it was a pain to fold my seats down all the time. I also wanted some weight reduction...so mission accomplished. I love being able to throw open the hatch and chuck my gear in the back. I also love not driving everyone @ work, to lunch.

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #48
j-zetec_pr
MACHINERY TECHNIAN

Fan#: 47101
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3 Kona, MTX-75, Zetec

FF Reputation: 27 j-zetec_pr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
yeah i knew the focus had a comfortable back seat and spacious trunk, but it's a freaking cave without the back seats..
Old 12-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #49
loudfocus01
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26006
What I Drive: 2001 White LX 2002 Infra-Red Svt

FF Reputation: 107 loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member loudfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
This works the same for the sedan too. I did this with mine. If you take out the bottom part of the back seat, the back part folds down completely flat, and even with the rest of the trunk area. The only thing that the hatches have as an advantage is that they can remove their hatch cover, and have a completely open area, while with a sedan, the part above the trunk is still there. I can still fit a ton of stuff into my sedan with this setup though.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #50
RumbleBeeZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50912
What I Drive: 2007, black on yellow, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 RumbleBeeZX3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
thats a good idea but would that really lighten up the ride that much?... i guess its a good idea if ya just want to have your seats fold down flush...

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->