STREET RACING - A Rant and a WARNING - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #61
josejsanchez
MW2 NE1?

Fan#: 45194
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svtf

FF Reputation: 3 josejsanchez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
dont really care for racing really. just like to go along for rides and hate when people pull up beside me and try to race. but all i do is keep on cruisin. the only thing thats funny bout it is when they pull up and floor it they dont move that much faster, just wasting gas really
#910 OF #1978

just call me beaver

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #62
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
just some food for thought on this one since some say street racing and speeding are similar... they aren't by a long shot.
street racing and the strip become similar in this instance. when doing either theres 3 things you concentrate on period, driving, the endpoint of the race, and the other vehicle. when streetracing everything around you is oblivion, people, cars, etc. you wouldn't notice someone or something coming into the street since your focus is on the three things above.

speeding to a certain point, your still aware of your surroundings and whats going on around you... your driving, not racing.

there's pros and cons to everything. me, i'd rather take a 3 hr drive to the track, meet up with friends, do some racing, bbq, etc. at least at the track you have your slip from races for bragging rights if need be.
How many people that street race have time slips? running back to your buddies saying ohh, did you see how bad i beat him? doesn't really prove a thing other than you did something illegal.
let me give you an example here, and this is from last night. kid in front of me decided he was gonna race the car next to him. light turned green he took off but the car next to him didn't and turned at the next corner. now a city block is 300' and 3 blocks later he sideswiped a car then a pole, and finally the front of a building. he then stood there bitching about the guy he sideswiped and how he shouldn't have been there. they did end up cuffing him and since theres no streetracing laws here, he got it for wreckless driving, excessive speed, and a few other things. and last i heard this morning was he might also be charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter. good friggin way to ruin your life huh?
oh well, argue on. I know what i dealt with when i was an emt and what I've seen in real life. doesn't matter if your 10' tall and bulletproof, someone or something will always knock you down at some time.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #63
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
sounds like he got a thump in the nuts.
will it run soon?? who knows.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #64
Rujokinjal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33077
What I Drive: 2004 Blue ZX3 PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 Rujokinjal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This makes me want to go to a sanctioned racing event even more then i did before.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #65
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
^^

Then the rant was worthwhile...

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock

Old 10-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #66
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^ You can say that again.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #67
project2point
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 23521
What I Drive: 2010 genesis coupe track

FF Reputation: 7 project2point Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Well im sorry this is the BIGGEST bunch of BS i have read about street racing it goes to prove that you dont like it but have never done it yet you break driving laws all the time

You SOUND like you sit on your polished throne and like you said "I WILL look down my nose at any and ALL" The rules say not to talk about "street racing" do we really need you .01 about your opinions about it and how you feel like your better then those that do street race

Im guessing you never go above the speed limit? allways come to a 100% stop at all stop signs, obay ALL trafic laws NO YOU DONT no one does but do I look down my nose at you , what makes you better going 5 over the limit or me going 50 over the limit were both breaking the same laws

Now to answer your questions , did you know the first drag race as well as Nascar race even held was done on the street and for almost 50 years (drag racing) was kept that way

"If some of us, as part of this online community, participate or continue to participate in illegal racing then we ALL suffer"

**How am I suffering from you street racing?

1. What does it prove?
**I have nothing to prove to anyone only to my self , some people do this for the money

2. If my ego is THAT important, then maybe I should think about backing it up with something beyond folklore?
**You keep thinking its an ego thing and it isnt , not for some anyway
Folklore ? ? ? you need to get out more

3. Am I or my car REALLY that good?
** YES !

4. Is the risk worth the pay-off of a "good story"?
** Again a "good story" what is that , true street racing is rarely talked about dont group some kid out here trying to out run a honda with nothing done to either car known as a "kill" as street racing IT ISNT

I go and have gone to the track events and got the trophy and the winning money that doesent even cover the cost of fuel let alone tires or expences getting there before people got to know my car I could go 20 miles and pick up 1000 a night or more

TRUE street racing is serious buisness with serious cars and in most cases done under somewhat controled conditions with guys with some common sence and most of the time for big money 1000 to 10,000 $ or pink slips where do you think Pinks started ?

This "kill" crap starting off from a street light is whats dangerous done with unqualified drivers in cars with little to nothing done to them in an area covered with innocent bistanders

There 2 TOTALLY Diff things that shouldnt be grouped togather but for safety on the Forums it needs to be done and that is understandable for liability and safety

Now saying all that 99.9% of the people that are on FF dont need to be racing on the street , streets are to crouded now and to many onlookers to be hurt it isnt like 20 years ago do your racing on the track is the best and safest for everyone

But I sure wont be the one to throw the first stone ! And I wont look down my nose at them either

Tom
Im actually going to agree w/ you for once....street racing and stupid idiots who race from stop light to stop light in rush hour traffic are 2 diff. things. True street racing is like fight club you dont talk about where or when it is going to happen outside of the people who have the money/cars to race. Now i know i dont have the fastest car but being freinds w/ them has gotten me into some races. I have seen/heard of races ranging from 500.00 -20,000 dollars. I personally believe that taking it to the strip is stupid. Tracks are notorious for breaking cars because of the conditions. Also it puts alot of abuse on your drivetrain/engine. It is alot cheaper to race on the street.

No one will ever change my thinking on this. Im not driving 4 hours to race where the track conditions are acceptable. The local track sucks, it will be shut down in a matter of years. ( NATIONAL TRAILS)

Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #68
thehubster
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
you know what i find funny. you are all trying to make street racing sound good and ok. Guess what it is ILLEGAL If you get caught and trust me eventually you will, you will get fined and you car will be taken from you. At least WeeASP doesn't have to worry about what he is doing when he goes to the santioned races because he is not breaking the law. now i know that everyone will go over the speed limit but there is a reason that 20 MPH over the limit is considered reckless. now i am not going to say that you need to stop this instance and be good little boys and girls. trust me the day you get pulled over and your car is impounded you will be a good little boy or girl. I am with Wee ASP on this one. if you want to race go tot he track. it is funner and legal.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #69
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehubster View Post
Guess what it is ILLEGAL If you get caught and trust me eventually you will, you will get fined and you car will be taken from you.
now i know that everyone will go over the speed limit but there is a reason that 20 MPH over the limit is considered reckless. now i am not going to say that you need to stop this instance and be good little boys and girls. trust me the day you get pulled over and your car is impounded you will be a good little boy or girl.
first, yes it is illegal... but the law varies state to state. There is no street racing law here, its simply called exhibition of speed and carries a large fine. car is not impounded, etc.
the 20mph law is used by alot of cities but not states. here for 20 over its a 118 dollar fine (if all you are doing is speeding)

Old 11-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #70
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
I dont care who this pisses off....

I am so g sick of hearing everyone bitch about street racing... we go through this same shit every couple of weeks and its really getting old.... I'm going to start locking EVERY thread I come across that mentions anything PRO OR CON.

EDIT: AWE BULLSHIT.... I dont have MOD power in this forum
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks