STREET RACING - A Rant and a WARNING - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #41
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict
 
DirtyDeeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23692
Location: Gurnee, IL
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

Posts: 762
FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrBoostalot View Post
Friendly Feedback:
State your opinions without the word "warning". Do not threaten your FELLOW members. State your opinion as a fellow member. You come off looking incredibly arrogant regardless of your track resume. It's obvious you're passionate about racing, and I respect that. I'd just recommend a less abrasive method of voicing your opinion.
I second this...
While I haven't changed my mind concerning your presence and contributions to this forum, I find your methods on this topic less than appealing and ineffective.
__________________
DirtyDeeds is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #42
Xetchx
Focus Addict
 
Xetchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Fan#: 49113
Location: Austin
What I Drive: 03 Silver SVT

Posts: 1,042
FF Reputation: 23 Xetchx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
HaHa yeah it served a purpose and thats cool, somethings are fun to take on in that way.

but I was pissed when I first read it lol, and I got over it
__________________
"If you’re going to lead, then lead. If you’re going to follow, get the hell out of my way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
I'm not hard, I'm fluffy...lol
#2846
Xetchx is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #43
Tom
FF Founder
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Fan#: 2
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Posts: 20,026
Points 85,673, Level 100
Points: 85,673, Level: 100 Points: 85,673, Level: 100 Points: 85,673, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetchx View Post
HaHa yeah it served a purpose and thats cool, somethings are fun to take on in that way.

but I was pissed when I first read it lol, and I got over it
Kevin, hang on to that anger. You will need it to avenge your lost from Travis at the tracks.
Tom is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #44
fusi0n
Focus Addict
 
fusi0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Fan#: 25694
Location: Rat's Mouth, FL
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

Posts: 755
FF Reputation: 5 fusi0n Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
WeeAsp- this is why I never pay any heed to the things you say in topics related to street racing. You have a personal vendetta against us that shows in every post you write relating to it. Instead of posting relevant information, you make personal attacks calling us posers, cowards and insinuating that we have no real driving ability.

I understand that you disapprove. We all do. We don't care. Get over it. We're not breaking any of the site's rules if we don't post speeds or locations. Don't read the threads if you don't like them.
fusi0n is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #45
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon
 
WeeAsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Fan#: 42718
Location: NOVA
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

Posts: 4,360
FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusi0n View Post
WeeAsp- this is why I never pay any heed to the things you say in topics related to street racing. You have a personal vendetta against us that shows in every post you write relating to it. Instead of posting relevant information, you make personal attacks calling us posers, cowards and insinuating that we have no real driving ability.

I understand that you disapprove. We all do. We don't care. Get over it. We're not breaking any of the site's rules if we don't post speeds or locations. Don't read the threads if you don't like them.
Unfortunately, I HAVE to read the threads. That's part of my responsibility as a Mod.

Go back to my original post. If you abide by the rules then you are FINE.

I wouldn't say that I have a vendetta at all. The post was purposely designed to get you cranky. To come out and maybe try one sanctioned event.

If you do, then I doubt that you would ever go back if you gave it an honest effort.
__________________
FORMER Avenging Moderator of the Apocalypse and Leader of the Axis of Oversteer

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock
WeeAsp is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #46
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate
 
1turbofocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1123
Location: Belmont, NC
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Posts: 22,205
Points 51,320, Level 100
Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Your a hypocrite and you dont have a clue what you talking about other than this Focus has rules about street racing that NEED to be held up , that point I understand and agree with , when it comes to true street racing you truely have shown your just running off at the mouth to "inflame" and you have done that with me

Rules are here to he upheld weather it be talking about street racing or "spirited driving" weather it be by 5MPH or 50MPH it puts you in tha same class as some one here getting there thread locked for talking about it , street racing "spirited driving" is speeding nothing more how you start it has nothing to do with YOUR SPEEDING and its the speed that kills, you call it " spirtited driving" if that makes you feel better and gets you under the radar for the Forum rules so be it but it lumps you in the same boat as ANYONE street racing your breaking the Law the same law and coming down on street racers when you claim to like "spirited driving" makes you a hyprocrite

QUOTE "If it's not ego, then what is it? Every street racer that I've ever known has a full time job. They don't race to put food on the table. It's a dangerous and unnecessary "hobby".

Again it has nothing to do with ego or putting food on the table its about me and my car my ability to make it faster and the feeling of freedom that comes with it all , the knowladge that my ability can make a car faster then another guys car when we both have the same tools and parts to work with , its something that some one like you could never in a life time understand

This one is my favorite
QUOTE "You personally may not. However, what about the enthusiast who expends A LOT of time and energy into making their car competitive on the track? The stigma of a hot car exists now, and possibly for a long time to come, exists. This is something that - especially younger generations, have to contend with every day on their way to and from work/school. Does it make it right? No, but as I stated, perception is reality and unless we take a proactive role in combating the image of "street racers", then the innocent suffer.
**First let me say dont take the "younger generations" into a candy store then tell them they cannot have candy , you started this to get feed back and just the people that DONT need to be seeing ANYTHING about street racing are just the ones that will be reading this , why bring it up ? the rules are stated , didnt see any one challinging them ?
I dont post in here just because of that but I do read it a good bit why keep poking and prodding , out of sight out of mind

QUOTE "then put yourself and the car into a legal environment where you can get real exposure beyond just the crowd that meets at the Burger King every Saturday night. The amount that you invest to go race on the street is more than sufficient to make you competitive on a local or even the national scene."
**Again you dont know what your talking about , First unless you can afford to spend 1000.00 to 1500.00 a week to follow a points based event like Fun Ford Weekend then exposure is out ,as for putting 30.00 in fuel to have fun on a Sat. night or 100.00 (gas , fuel , entry fee) to go to the track for the day is a big leap for many people, as for being competitive on a national scene it would take roughly 1500.00 a week for gas , fuel for tow rig and car , entry fee , meals , tires (I know I have done it) then you have normal maintenance to run a 12 week a year show and be in the top 5 it would cost low side 25,000.00 high side 35,000.00 and thats only 12 week of racing. Racing at the track cost more WAY more

Did you know that at the track 99% of the time you racing against your self and not the car beside you because most tracks run on a dial-up meaning you have to guess how fast your car is then post that on the window BUT if you run faster then that you loose , now there are test and tune nights where its run what you brung and how and who you want to run but in most cases the track isnt prepped and in fair to poor condition so the faster cars slip and slide and rarely an EMS

Your theorys are full of holes , like I said you need to get out more and pull you head out of the sand . "spitited driving" is ok but street racing isnt? Go to a track its the same thing ?

Tom
__________________
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
1turbofocus is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 AM   #47
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict
 
DirtyDeeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23692
Location: Gurnee, IL
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

Posts: 762
FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeAsp View Post
The post was purposely designed to get you cranky. To come out and maybe try one sanctioned event.

If you do, then I doubt that you would ever go back if you gave it an honest effort.
A swing and a miss! Most of the discussion thus far has been on the content and perceived attitude contained in your first post, not street racing. You employed self-admitted deception to jump start open and honest conversation??? I applaud your goals, but I still feel that your methods are lacking and are working against you.
__________________
DirtyDeeds is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #48
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate
 
1turbofocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1123
Location: Belmont, NC
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Posts: 22,205
Points 51,320, Level 100
Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
A-Men to that !

Tom
__________________
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
1turbofocus is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #49
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon
 
WeeAsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Fan#: 42718
Location: NOVA
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

Posts: 4,360
FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^ That may be true and a bit ham fisted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Your a hypocrite and you dont have a clue what you talking about other than this Focus has rules about street racing that NEED to be held up , that point I understand and agree with , when it comes to true street racing you truely have shown your just running off at the mouth to "inflame" and you have done that with me

Rules are here to he upheld weather it be talking about street racing or "spirited driving" weather it be by 5MPH or 50MPH it puts you in tha same class as some one here getting there thread locked for talking about it , street racing "spirited driving" is speeding nothing more how you start it has nothing to do with YOUR SPEEDING and its the speed that kills, you call it " spirtited driving" if that makes you feel better and gets you under the radar for the Forum rules so be it but it lumps you in the same boat as ANYONE street racing your breaking the Law the same law and coming down on street racers when you claim to like "spirited driving" makes you a hyprocrite

QUOTE "If it's not ego, then what is it? Every street racer that I've ever known has a full time job. They don't race to put food on the table. It's a dangerous and unnecessary "hobby".

Again it has nothing to do with ego or putting food on the table its about me and my car my ability to make it faster and the feeling of freedom that comes with it all , the knowladge that my ability can make a car faster then another guys car when we both have the same tools and parts to work with , its something that some one like you could never in a life time understand

This one is my favorite
QUOTE "You personally may not. However, what about the enthusiast who expends A LOT of time and energy into making their car competitive on the track? The stigma of a hot car exists now, and possibly for a long time to come, exists. This is something that - especially younger generations, have to contend with every day on their way to and from work/school. Does it make it right? No, but as I stated, perception is reality and unless we take a proactive role in combating the image of "street racers", then the innocent suffer.
**First let me say dont take the "younger generations" into a candy store then tell them they cannot have candy , you started this to get feed back and just the people that DONT need to be seeing ANYTHING about street racing are just the ones that will be reading this , why bring it up ? the rules are stated , didnt see any one challinging them ?
I dont post in here just because of that but I do read it a good bit why keep poking and prodding , out of sight out of mind

QUOTE "then put yourself and the car into a legal environment where you can get real exposure beyond just the crowd that meets at the Burger King every Saturday night. The amount that you invest to go race on the street is more than sufficient to make you competitive on a local or even the national scene."
**Again you dont know what your talking about , First unless you can afford to spend 1000.00 to 1500.00 a week to follow a points based event like Fun Ford Weekend then exposure is out ,as for putting 30.00 in fuel to have fun on a Sat. night or 100.00 (gas , fuel , entry fee) to go to the track for the day is a big leap for many people, as for being competitive on a national scene it would take roughly 1500.00 a week for gas , fuel for tow rig and car , entry fee , meals , tires (I know I have done it) then you have normal maintenance to run a 12 week a year show and be in the top 5 it would cost low side 25,000.00 high side 35,000.00 and thats only 12 week of racing. Racing at the track cost more WAY more

Did you know that at the track 99% of the time you racing against your self and not the car beside you because most tracks run on a dial-up meaning you have to guess how fast your car is then post that on the window BUT if you run faster then that you loose , now there are test and tune nights where its run what you brung and how and who you want to run but in most cases the track isnt prepped and in fair to poor condition so the faster cars slip and slide and rarely an EMS

Your theorys are full of holes , like I said you need to get out more and pull you head out of the sand . "spitited driving" is ok but street racing isnt? Go to a track its the same thing ?

Tom
You can call me a hypocrite all you want. Racing on the street and cruising down the highway at 10+ MPH are light years apart. That's where your argument crumbles and you know it.

Quote:
spirited driving" is speeding nothing more how you start it has nothing to do with YOUR SPEEDING and its the speed that kills, you call it


Here you are dead wrong. Speed doesn't kill - poor judgement does. If a vehicle traveling at 70 MPH in a 35 MPH zone runs a red light and hits car, the speed didn't cause the fatality. It was a contributor, not the cause. the cause was poor judgement to travel at excessive speed and running the light. The same applies to street racing. Two cars on a stretch of road and someone pulls out and gets killed. It wasn't the speed it was lack of judgement and the decision to participate in an illegal speed contest that caused the fatality. You street race. I KNOW that you have stories of where you've seen near misses, heard of people getting hurt, and worse. I KNOW that.

Quote:
First let me say dont take the "younger generations" into a candy store then tell them they cannot have candy , you started this to get feed back and just the people that DONT need to be seeing ANYTHING about street racing are just the ones that will be reading this


I stand by my earlier point. If there are legal outlets to race, then why do it on the street? It makes no sense to me.

At a sanctioned track, you have safety measures, organization, logistics, and a controlled environment. That certainly isn't the case with a street race. That and it won't have you looking over your shoulder for the cops or land you in jail. I have NEVER been to a sanctioned course where EMS units weren't standing by.

Quote:
Again you dont know what your talking about , First unless you can afford to spend 1000.00 to 1500.00 a week to follow a points based event like Fun Ford Weekend then exposure is out ,as for putting 30.00 in fuel to have fun on a Sat. night or 100.00 (gas , fuel , entry fee) to go to the track for the day is a big leap for many people, as for being competitive on a national scene it would take roughly 1500.00 a week for gas , fuel for tow rig and car , entry fee , meals , tires (I know I have done it) then you have normal maintenance to run a 12 week a year show and be in the top 5 it would cost low side 25,000.00 high side 35,000.00 and thats only 12 week of racing. Racing at the track cost more WAY more


I bracket raced a 1969 Firebird for 6 years before I discovered road racing. So I am VERY familiar with the ins and outs of dialing in a car and how the staggered or time differential starts work. Don't be so quick to make assumptions like that.

I am very familiar with test and tune nights, the prep that goes into getting a car ready to run and the expense associated with it. Like anything, it can be as expensive or cheap as you want it to be. Like Viney says "Speed is a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?" I've seen people build REALLY expensive and fast cars who never get exposure. The difference is that's not what they necessarily after. They share the same passion that you do. The freedom to build a bad-ass car and the competition and desire to beat the other guy. However, they do it on a track.

My comments are directed at the people who don't have a $3000 a week budget who run the same car that they drive to work/school every day. Not a car that gets backed on a trailer at the end of the night. For those individuals with daily drivers, tracks like the one here charge $30 for night of racing. Get eliminated, you go home. That simple. Sounds much more appealing than racing a car, have the cops chase you, potentially go to jail...

Maybe I am too closed minded, but to me there is no reason to race on the street.
__________________
FORMER Avenging Moderator of the Apocalypse and Leader of the Axis of Oversteer

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock
WeeAsp is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #50
DFv2
WWTPD?
 
DFv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Fan#: 42684
Location: Upstate NY
What I Drive: 2008 Lightning Red STi

Posts: 1,735
FF Reputation: 31 DFv2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
The few times I raced on the (sanctioned) street, it was fun as all hell. It was a definite rush and I clobbered a new civic si, sentra ser and a supercharged grandam. No, it wasn't "safe" (even though it was a sanctioned stretch of road) but I'm guessing I represent 90% of people here by saying that a few good runs now and again on the (sanctioned) street is part of owning and investing time/money into a nice quick car. Period, always will be.

Case in point, I have NEVER EVER lined up beside a...say Celica GT last week on this really nice (sanctioned) stretch of road...and thought - "Gee wiz screw this, lets drive 3 hrs to the strip this is way not cool man."

Nor have I been ashamed of my poser-racer self after I lost to a really nice cobalt ss pushing 15psi coming home from work on the strangly sanctioned 4 lane road.

Its all in the fun of owning a nice DD that you spend money to make quick. Thats really it, thats the reality.
__________________
1287/3985
DFv2 is offline  
    Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If my SVT could write a book (long rant warning) Foci-Guy SVT Performance (2002-2004) 8 05-04-2007 09:27 PM
Ok I have to rant about some idiot in San Diego Ripped_06_ST Fanatics: SoCal 27 12-16-2006 12:09 PM
Rant about GM and Lexus lying about inovation igor Ford Focus & General Car Chat 14 02-20-2006 10:54 AM
db draggers....(rant) JensDOHC Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics 5 01-07-2005 11:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat