STREET RACING - A Rant and a WARNING - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #21
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

Fan#: 20426
What I Drive: '00 ZX3 Turbo, '06 ST Turbo

FF Reputation: 24 tiresmoker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougoeFre5h View Post
There is a lot of truth to your little rant when applied to dick-head 17 year olds doing STUPID shit. But the prohibition on me saying that I hit 45 in a 30 has gotta stop. All your "really that good" shit applies to your sanctioned course, doesnt it? And don't mistake me for some dumb kid that got offended, I have "raced" maybe 3 or 4 cars, ever, and never from a stoplight. I do however think in a free world of free speach, your simply imposing your mod-hood rather than "protecting" the .000063% of people who might by small chance find a thread about racing.

I'm gonna step in here for a minute. I'm not picking on you, but this just caught my eye.

Notice the part of your post I bolded. This is not, and will not stop, as handed down by the OWNER himself Tom. Please see the following link.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129002

Most importantly this:

Rules of Posting Non-Track Related Threads:
1) Location and Speed reference are NOT to be posted.
2) Videos are NOT allowed.
3) Photos are NOT allowed.

This is stated by the man himself, we are only here to enforce that. Speeding in a normal commute is one thing, we all do it. But accelerating at a high rate of speed in competition with another vehicle on public roads is still street racing. (even if it is 5mph over the limit) You are not to post speeds regardless if it was 1mph over the limit or 20mph under the limit. That is a rule and you must adhere to it.

There will be street racing, there is almost no way to ever stop it. People on here will want to talk about it, fine, but FOLLOW THE RULES.

Quote:
...I do however think in a free world of free speach, your simply imposing your mod-hood rather than "protecting" the .000063% of people who might by small chance find a thread about racing....
This is a privately owned website, so free speech doesn't apply. Don't take that the wrong way, but you cannot say or do anything you want on here. That's why there are rules that are in place and enforced.

Quote:
...Who are you protecting by editing and locking threads that even mention high speed, let alone racing...
Ultimately, FocusFanatics. If we allow talk of excessive speeds attained while racing, weaving in and out of traffic on public roads, dangerous driving, etc... and some kid dies while doing it FocusFanatics could be held partially liable for this since it was allowed and in a sence promoted on the site. All it takes is one angry mother who happens to check the boards after an incident and sue.

Quote:
....Let the forum, the users who ulitmately buy from the vendors and pay the site fees, respond to bullshit threads on racing. Let the people come down on idiots who post about racing....
There is always going to be someone who will break the rules. It's human nature. Mods are here to make sure the rules are being upheld.
ST Crew #19
2006 ST Turbo: JUNE 07 ROTM 2007 Ride of the Year
2000 ZX3: superturbochargedpartscar
2005 Shinka RX-8: too many mods....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT
It was like concentrated death on chicken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #22
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorrik View Post
oh and just because you race on a track doesnt make you any better or a skilled driver then somebody on the street,, hell kyle pettys proven for years being a profesional track driver dont mean shit if ya come in last...

True and not true all at the same time. You could be a terrible driver at the track, and have absolutely no skill, and someone on the street could have a natural ability and be a better driver.

But your example is lame. Just because he comes in last does not mean he is a bad driver, and you or anybody else out there is better. He is there for a reason, because his skills surpass ones who you would find on the street. He has a contract because he is a skilled driver, one who has had proper training to drive a car at that level. Regardless if he finishes last. I'd bet my life on it that you could go out there and find your everyday street racer and put him in a stock car, F1 car, champ car, rally car, whatever and they'll smash it up before (1) lap is over.

Plus in a controlled enviroment you can push your car harder then you ever could on the street in SAFE conditions. You will learn what your car can and can't do without injuring anbody. And if you do happen to injure someone, or yourself there are trained paramedics standing by to give immediate attention.

You lose control at an autocross and spin out, you kill a cone. You lose control on the street and spin out, you can kill pedestrians, people in the other car, or people in your car.

And just as a warning to everyone. Ease off on the bashing. If you want to have a debate that is fine, but some of these posts are borderline.

Thank You.
ST Crew #19
Quote:

Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
DFv2
WWTPD?

Fan#: 42684
What I Drive: 2008 Lightning Red STi

FF Reputation: 31 DFv2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I understand what you're saying, mostly because I administrate and moderate other, much "higher risk" boards than this. I assure you, you are not EVER and will NEVER be held legally accountable if some kid races his car and dies. I wont even touch the legal issues, but I can 100% assure you that you are safe in that respect. And so we default back to "its your board, period."

You provide an open forum to discuss all things focus, and YES I absolutely do agree that illegal racing is a no-no in GENERAL. I never implied we can do whatever and say whatever we want, I did however suggest that in the spirit of free speech we should be allowed to say "I walked an evo today" or "I kept up with this old guy in a vette" Shit, I agree with your rules as posted. Just not with how they are enforced many times.

This is probably moot, and you probably dont care - but I'm not upset with the rules much at all. It's the over-the-top "This BETTER be on a sanctioned track, last warning" crap reply to a thread that doesn't break any rules. When Joseph Stalin aka Al Unser Jr. came out and wrote his memoirs, it just strikes a nasty tone with me.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #24
tiresmoker
What bump stop?

You can post up a thread stating you walked and Evo, mustang, SRT4,6,8. You just must do so by the rules stated.

Personally I would like to lock all Street Racing threads, but as long as they follow the rules I will leave them open. I can't let personal opinion hinder my judgement as to what should remain open. I have be fair, so as much as I don't like street racing, if the thread is posted by the book, and remains that way, then it will stay open. As stated it will happen, and it does provide discussion.

And feedback is always appreciated, and in all honesty, I do care what people have to say. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Most of the time warnings will be posted in a thread that has the potential to quickly derail with tales of dodging traffic at 100mph. Usually it just serves as a warning to let everyone know to play by the rules.
ST Crew #19
Quote:

Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
NikiterZTS
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 28234
What I Drive: 2002 Gun Grey ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 NikiterZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
this topic has been chewed up and beat up

I have 5 points on this site :-/

Old 09-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #26
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
i never implied kyle was a lousy driver tiresmocker,,but in his area of driving he isnt the top dog in his field,,maybe it was a poor example,but ya dont need to nit pick the hell out of it either,,the basic point i was makin was that to the original poster of this thread and anyone else who drives on a track,, just because you drive on a track does not give you super or supreme driving experience or abilities over someone who doesnt drive on a track,or any reason to have a look down your nose (as he stated ) attitude towards anybody else,,thats all my point was. im not condeming or condoning street racing,, it happens ,it will probably always happen,so he might as well g t f over it, it aint nothing worth having a stroke over.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #27
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
lol i wanna know who actually has time to remember how fast they are going in a street race anyhow? when auto-x ing i don't have time to look at speed or tach (but the shift light alway grabs my attention) i guess i kinda mix both worlds, seeing as i shuffle steer like a drifter everywhere and trail brake into corners, engine brarking in town (it says it's illegal) but i alway remember the turn signals someimes i catch myself hitting the turn signals on the track as an instinct. i cant remember how many time track racing, or dicking about in the snow, or racing on a simulation game (forza and forza 2) have saved my ass because of the soccermoms. it aint just street racers that are dangerous
a lot of time accidental death in a car comes from plain stupidity. (however street racing in city limits can be rather stupid) if your gonna do it go out in the country like way out. that way if you mess up it's a long walk back so you can think about it.
will it run soon?? who knows.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #28
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Although FocusFanatics does not condone racing outside of a designated race area, we understand that there can be such exceptions such as a private road and/or property. As such, we've imposed these guidelines for
you to use as a reference for posting.

Rules of Posting Non-Track Related Threads:
1) Location and Speed reference are NOT to be posted.
2) Videos are NOT allowed.
3) Photos are NOT allowed.

I think what I read above is the problem concerning the posting of street racing threads in this forum. It's a very rare circumstance in which off-track racing is conducted on a private road and/or property. Hence, 99% of the threads started on this subject are really just poorly disguised street racing threads.

Either allow street racing threads or don't. But...don't write rules that allow for 'Non-Track Related Threads' and then constantly threaten to lock them down. You can't have it both ways.

And if you're going to allow this kind of thinly disguised posting, then please stop with the preaching. Just edit the threads, PM the people that need to be PM'd and move on.

Ed

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #29
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Really folks its not that hard to follow those guidelines. We've laid out the rules as clearly as possible. Bottom line; if you've participated in a race that does not involve a track then don't post your location, speed, or any reference that will insinuate you are breaking the law.

Good Example:
I raced a 350z for half a mile and beat it by two car lengths. = That would be within the rules.

Bad Example:
I raced a 350z up to 55mph from a stoplight and beat it by two car lengths. = That would be breaking the rules.

I think the moderators have been more than generous with the way they dealt with some of the posts on here. We have rules posted all over the place yet some people still refuse to follow the guidelines.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #30
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
I don't disagree with you. I think the rules are pretty easy to follow. However, I think that allowing these kinds of posts and then preaching how bad street racing is and how these people will be looked down upon sends a mixed message. I also understand that you’re kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on this and trying to walk a fine line.

Having said this, I also think we have some pretty great mods on this forum. WeeAsp in particular has contributed a lot to the racing section and I'm glad he's here!

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks