STREET RACING - A Rant and a WARNING - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
miniboon
Dehawkified

Fan#: 35233
What I Drive: 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS

FF Reputation: 42 miniboon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
Althought they were caught doing this by state police.. "street Racers" here in Norfolk, Virginia would sort of block off a section of highway late at night by having a car run a mile up in front with a radio and then three cars (3 lanes) blocking all lanes goin 5mph under the speedlimit in the way back allowing 2 or three cars in the middle of it all to race. There are no exits on onramps where this was happening... but they did all get caught
I hope they got their cars crushed. You want to go to some old 1/4 mile behind a farm in east bum fine, but dont race on a g HIGHWAY!! no matter how late at night it is and how "safe" you are, its STUPID!! if i'm booking it at 80 down the freeway in the middle of the night, i'm gonna run straight into the ass of the doing 50 or whatever so his buddies can "race" I can't say anything about Tom's post, I've never known anything about "real street racing" but little kids in honda's (and foci) that think they are fast piss me off. I'm sure that most people involved in Tom's 'street racing' are good drivers, and if they went to the track they would win because they have real cars, and an assload of experience. watching Fast and Furious doesn't make you a good driver, it makes you retarded.
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #12
13B-Courier
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41966
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 5spd, 02 ZX3 5spd, 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 13B-Courier Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
"watching Fast and Furious doesn't make you a good driver, it makes you retarded."
AMEN to that haha...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniboon View Post
I hope they got their cars crushed. You want to go to some old 1/4 mile behind a farm in east bum fine, but dont race on a g HIGHWAY!! no matter how late at night it is and how "safe" you are, its STUPID!! if i'm booking it at 80 down the freeway in the middle of the night, i'm gonna run straight into the ass of the doing 50 or whatever so his buddies can "race" I can't say anything about Tom's post, I've never known anything about "real street racing" but little kids in honda's (and foci) that think they are fast piss me off. I'm sure that most people involved in Tom's 'street racing' are good drivers, and if they went to the track they would win because they have real cars, and an assload of experience. watching Fast and Furious doesn't make you a good driver, it makes you retarded.

Uh? did you read what I posted? so you're going to do 80mph in a 55mph zone and not slow down b/c there's a car in front of you??? Now that would be retarded. They basically made a mile + length of highway clear of people and cars, and drive at a legal speed. The people actually racing are in fron of a line of cars blocking all other traffic and keeping all other traffic at a legal speed. FYI Driving at 80mph in a 55mph zone in VA is wreckless. Anything 20mph over the posted speed limit or in excess of 80mph is wreckless, and considered a misdemeanor. So you'd be charged and probably given just as big of a fine as those that were caught.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
Xetchx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49113
What I Drive: 03 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 23 Xetchx Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All I can say is Rankin Rd in Houston. For any real old shcoolers in Houston Rankin Rd is where you probably learned to race, its where you probably first learned to run from the cops too because for the last 30 years this has been an illeagel Street Racing road.

Tom thank you for your thoughts on this topic. I and many others could not have said it better.

WeeAsp your a Mod and with that Job comes the fact that your not always going to be liked, do your job and enforce the rules and who cares what people call you. YOUR A MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav-E2.0 View Post
I'm not hard, I'm fluffy...lol
Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #15
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetchx View Post
All I can say is Rankin Rd in Houston. For any real old shcoolers in Houston Rankin Rd is where you probably learned to race, its where you probably first learned to run from the cops too because for the last 30 years this has been an illeagel Street Racing road.

Tom thank you for your thoughts on this topic. I and many others could not have said it better.

WeeSap your a Mod and with that Job comes the fact that your not always going to be liked, do your job and enforce the rules and who cares what people call you. YOUR A MOD
x2..
/end thread.
lol
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #16
DFv2
WWTPD?

Fan#: 42684
What I Drive: 2008 Lightning Red STi

FF Reputation: 31 DFv2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
What gets me is that this site, as a whole, accounts for 0.000063% of internet traffic. http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...usfanatics.com

I love this forum, lots of good info and helpful mods/members but COME ON. Who are you protecting by editing and locking threads that even mention high speed, let alone racing. Its retarded and I get a giggle when I read this garbage up top. Who do you think you are - you'll look down your nose upon thee. Like next time I give it some gas and "race" someone to the blistering tune of 60mph, somewhere WeeAsp is looking down ashamed and disappointed.

There is a lot of truth to your little rant when applied to dick-head 17 year olds doing STUPID shit. But the prohibition on me saying that I hit 45 in a 30 has gotta stop. All your "really that good" shit applies to your sanctioned course, doesnt it? And don't mistake me for some dumb kid that got offended, I have "raced" maybe 3 or 4 cars, ever, and never from a stoplight. I do however think in a free world of free speach, your simply imposing your mod-hood rather than "protecting" the .000063% of people who might by small chance find a thread about racing.

Let the forum, the users who ulitmately buy from the vendors and pay the site fees, respond to bullshit threads on racing. Let the people come down on idiots who post about racing. Trust your members, take off the crown.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #17
blitz1027
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47282
What I Drive: 2005 black zx4

FF Reputation: 1 blitz1027 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If I'm not mistaken, here in Louisiana if you're caught doing thirty miles over the speed limit you're considered racing and are subject to having your car crushed and jail time.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
NikiterZTS
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 28234
What I Drive: 2002 Gun Grey ZTS

FF Reputation: 5 NikiterZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
Althought they were caught doing this by state police.. "street Racers" here in Norfolk, Virginia would sort of block off a section of highway late at night by having a car run a mile up in front with a radio and then three cars (3 lanes) blocking all lanes goin 5mph under the speedlimit in the way back allowing 2 or three cars in the middle of it all to race. There are no exits on onramps where this was happening... but they did all get caught
yea my buddy who owns 300zx has done this with his Nissan crew before.....its a straight pull so nothing is wrong with it....kinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniboon View Post
wow this was moronic.....sorry

I have 5 points on this site :-/
Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #19
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
all i can say is drag racins been around a long long time,, and before drag strips,,we still do it ocasionally in this area,,but we aint beyond driving 15-30 minutes to a stretch of 4 lane road thats 2miles long,and dead ends and pullin off a 1/4 and 1/8th aint nothin. after 6 oclock in the evening and weekends there is no traffic,,and never pedestrians on the road way.many change of hands of money ( and yes a few rides) have taken place there.and i imagine street racing will always be apart of AMERICAN culture,and for those that like to drift,watch drift,,where the hell do ya think that started,,hmmm and they still do it that way in JAPAN in remote mt areas and thats where they pick up some of there best drivers and teams,,is the young bucks racin the streets.. the biggest key to remember and i know its hard sometimes is the term COMMONSENCE. i did a ricer report of a guy in an acura not long ago wanted to give me a go in the city limits of huntsville al.on the parkway,, 3 times he slowed and reved on me,, i didnt bite,, but when we got on the last light in town, nothin infront of us,for a good mile,and the light went green,, well anyways ya can figure it from there...
Old 09-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #20
razorrik

Fan#: 38279
What I Drive: vehicle

FF Reputation: 7 razorrik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
oh and just because you race on a track doesnt make you any better or a skilled driver then somebody on the street,, hell kyle pettys proven for years being a profesional track driver dont mean shit if ya come in last...
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.