don't race neon SRT4 turbo's - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
heelflip101
Get The Hammer!

Fan#: 32770
What I Drive: 2000 Mali zx3

FF Reputation: 29 heelflip101 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honhon View Post
also... dont zetec's start with less HP than the duratec....

ALSO... the duratec with stage 1 focussport turbo kit at 8psi produces 200whp...

the zetec with a supercharger at 8.5psi produces only about 179whp...

^^^Apples and oranges

intake, exhaust, header, direct port 100 shot, Ford racing head, cams, and you will have a chance with a stock srt-4. You may have a advantage off the line and no wasted time building boost. You won't beat many stock cars with a intake and exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #22
sinhumane
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 48102
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver SES

FF Reputation: 1 sinhumane Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
heh. i'll hang better... but i still get stomped. of course... i have the equivalent to a honda engine on you.... and two more cylinders... and one of those spinny intake doodads... but thats just me.

the slowcus is painful, and i havent had the funds to start modding it yet... now it needs a new taillight and bumper, the girlie decided to not watch out and backed into a camaro at 20mph.... OUCH!

EDIT..... i just realized i dont have my new car in my sig... lol. its a supercharged 3.8 v6 in a 95 thunderbird supercoupe, making 235 hp at the rear wheels, and 330 FT LBS! lol.

1995 Thunderbird Supercoupe, supercharged 3.8 v6, 235 rwhp, 330 ft-lbs rwtq. 1 of 574 5 speed cars.
    Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #23
MightyMouse
Scuba Edition

Fan#: 34537
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ST (Scuba Edition)

Points 3,508, Level 37
Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 MightyMouse Great Standing Member
Quote:
i cant say no replacement for displacement sinse the zetec motor and the base duratec motor are both 2.0
What about the 2.3
ST Crew #32
FocusFest 2008 and 2009 Fastest NA, 2009 Fastest FI Runner-Up, and 2008 Bracket Winner
Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #24
yllwfucus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31557
What I Drive: VW B6 Passat,VW GTI MKV, 2001 ZX3

FF Reputation: -2 yllwfucus Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
keep the racing on the track...

you'll win in 2 ways racing at a track.. 1... you'll save your life... the other racer's life and the on-lookers life... 2... the fofo will beat any srt-4 if you give it a few curves to carve while the rental car with a turbo slides all over the place.

and by track i mean road course not the 1/4
What are you talking about by saying give it a few curves to carve? The SRT-4 is intended as a track car. Slap a great suspension setup on that and it will rape the zetec all the way around. Furthermore, what would a ZX3 with a turbo in it be? Another rental car with a turbo that can't keep up with the said rental car with a turbo? Additionally, what curves is a stock ZX3 setup going to man handle?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #25
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
every srt-4 at the track that i have seen sucked balls. they were built for the str8 not the turn
Old 09-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #26
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,656, Level 78
Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05zx4st View Post
then hes a idiot.
they are basically good for 500whp stock motor.shouldnt be poppping head gaskets.
what, for trading it in on a way nicer turbo'd car? one that looks way better and runs about the same stock for stock and is convertible?. everyones dumping the srt4 around here, there are 3 sitting on the dodge dealers lot now (if they haven't shipped them to minneapolis by now).
now, which would you rather have... i believe i wouldnt even give the neon a second look...
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #27
MightyMouse
Scuba Edition

Fan#: 34537
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ST (Scuba Edition)

Points 3,508, Level 37
Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37 Points: 3,508, Level: 37
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 20 MightyMouse Great Standing Member
I would love to have a Solstice GXP.
ST Crew #32
FocusFest 2008 and 2009 Fastest NA, 2009 Fastest FI Runner-Up, and 2008 Bracket Winner
Old 09-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwfucus View Post
What are you talking about by saying give it a few curves to carve? The SRT-4 is intended as a track car. Slap a great suspension setup on that and it will rape the zetec all the way around.
Yeah...so how is it that the SRT-4 "is intended as a track car" when Dodge cut corners on every other aspect of the car to make it go fast in a straight line? Look at the teams running SRT-4s in pro SCCA events, in order to remain in class they have to settle for parts that don't perform nearly as well as what's available for other cars and they have problems as a result. And yes, with enough money you could make the SRT-4 handle well...but throw an equal amount at the Focus and it'll do even better.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
focusdarko
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29836
What I Drive: 2008 MS3

FF Reputation: 8 focusdarko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
SRT's go straight fast, some can hold their boost and some cant. My friend had to change his transmission twice within 1 year. Some are built crappy and some last. they are sucky to drive to, i hated the way it shifted and the gas pedal was all weird.

A Focus needs some sort of FI to hang with an SRT4. they have bigger engines and a great amount of torque that easily goes up with minimal upgrades. I've looked into a lot of modding parts for SRT4's. it was the car i was supposed to get this xmas til my car got totaled to early 2 months ago.

My SVT now will out handle an SRT4 anyday of the the week, its just that nimble of a car. And any suspension you do to a SRT4 the SVT will still be better with the same type of upgrade.

SRT4=1/4 mile beast
SVTF=cone killing KING
Old 09-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #30
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
ok...so am i the only one who noticed the stupidity of the original post? i mean, everyone's turned this into a debate over srt-4 vs. focus, but when i first read the post i thought "geez, the frickin' idiot dodge should've KILLED someone if he truly did just speed through the light" as was stated. THEN the focus still attempted to STREET race at the next light...with the same guy who just sped through a red? ok...not only is the street racing thing dumb, but i sure as hell wouldn't want to race someone on the street who i'd just seen do something THAT stupid. there's no telling what else they may be dumb enough to do.

anyways...this wasn't meant as a flame against the focus driver, i'm just shocked that no one really has flamed him for street racing or commented on the stupidity of the dodge driver.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.