Gump Crew - Page 1491 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: AL, TN, GA

Fanatics: AL, TN, GA Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #14901
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Eh, I hadn't actually heard of it, or at least hadn't paid attention to it, till this week. Looking around at 2010 Mazda3's and a 2011 Fiesta, I was very interested in 3 vehicles at the local Ford/every-other-make-known dealer until they wasted my time with a ridiculous trade offer for the Jeep after I made it clear that we needed to avoid wasting time and get on the same page with a trade offer before anything else. So I went back today to the Mazda dealership that I'd test driven a 2010 at, that they'd basically told me was sold. They weren't kidding; as I returned tonight with the check for the 2012, the other LT they'd said was buying the 2010 was there getting it.

Anyway, their warranty is only a typical 3/36,000, but I did opt to pay for the extended warranty (5/100,000). I figure, I've had the Focus for 6 1/2 years and put 108k on it, so that's a pretty decent length warranty that may have covered the grand I spent on the a/c a year or so back.

The car drives well. I haven't had a chance to get it out on the freeway, but it's 155hp so I doubt it'll be an issue. I've really been interested in Ford's EcoBoost and wanting one, but I think I got a little more car for $21k (out the door including the warranty) than I would have gotten from a Focus for the same amount, not to mention that they turned me off with their bs offer. $7500 for my Jeep versus the $10k Mazda offered + $2800 for the Fofo.

I'm happy so far, and though my fiance is still in Alabama for another year and a half, she's happy it's not a hatch (hates hatches, but the styling of the Mazda3 sedan is probably one of my favorites for a sedan of this size) and she likes Mazdas. After seeing a picture, she's already claimed it as her own. WTF.

I hand the Focus over on Saturday :(

Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #14902
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Going to spend a little time tomorrow to clean out the Focus and take a few things off of it. Number one on the list? The Cosi Intake. But rather than trying to figure out how the heck the stock goes back in, and all the different mounts, I think I'll be going to autozone to pick up a few pieces and a filter for a quick DIY. Only issue will be figuring out how to connect the MAF sensor. Will get the front strut bar off, pull my subs out and the wiring if I can manage, clean out a bunch of things, touch up a few spots, and hand her over to the dealer on Saturday :(

Old 11-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #14903
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Handed the Focus over yesterday. Nearly shed a tear as I pulled up at the dealership and got out. Kind of sad. First car, had it since new, etc etc. Got some things off of it though and trying to sell on here. Made a short ram intake for it after I weaseled the Cosi off. I told Jeremy on fb, kind of sad that the most wrenching I've personally done on it was to take stuff off lol But I was proud of myself for that one! She'll be sitting there on the lot with a brand new intake and filter haha And I'm a little surprised by it, but it does appear they're going to try to sell it off their lot, as they've got it listed online already. Not sure what they're asking, don't have it listed, but I can't imagine they make much off of it as they gave me $2800 and the paint is pretty rough on the front end. Oh well. Enjoying the new Mazda and looking for excuses to go places in it.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #14904
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
They gave me $4,500 for my us and turned around and put it on their lot for $9,500. I think the sucker that bought it paid around $8,000 for it. I was asking $5000 for it, so I don't think it was too bad. It was a 03 SE w/5 speed, zetec, power windows, power locks, sunroof, cruise, had about 60,000 on it.

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 11-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #14905
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

I just drove by this evening. They already have it out on the lot. Dropped it off around 1pm yesterday and they obviously got it out there before closing. Of course, I took it to them mostly clean, other than some water spots on the front end, which looks like the only cleaning they did aside from vacuuming it lol In the windshield? $7995. I was shocked. I figured they'd go maybe as high as $6000. I mean, the Jeep, being the long-wheel base, with decent life left on some mudders, and a hard top, they're only asking $13k after giving me $10k. Looks like they may actually try to make more off the Focus. Oh well. Now I don't feel bad about the possibly leaking rim. Cracked rim that I had repaired last Christmas and I recently discovered that it may be leaking again. If it sits there for a week or so, it may end up flat lol But with that profit margin, and being the only issue with it I didn't mention (again, they gave me $2800 for it sight unseen. Now I'm thinking I may have gotten slightly more if I'd have taken it in, but the paint on the front looks like shit, tires are very close to needing replacing, etc etc), I don't feel bad.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #14906
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Oh, and I rolled through the Ford place, too, just as a little reassurance to myself. Took a look at the stickers on the 2012's and still don't think I'd have gotten anything extra for the same price. I guess I'm having some Focus-withdrawals and a small part of me wishes I had gotten one...but based on what I already knew, and what I saw out there, I'd have had to haggle a decent bit to get them down to the same price as the Mazda, with the only real extra being Sync that I realistically wouldn't be likely to use often. And still, the sedan just doesn't appeal to me quite as much as the 3 sedan.

Lol I'm happy and I truly think there's a decent chance I end up in an ST in 2 1/2 - 3 years after Kim graduates, commissions into the Army, weasels this car away from me, and I have her income to afford something else haha hehe.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #14907
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
fuel efficient vehicles are in and will sell. Your gas guzzling jeep, won't. They're prolly banking on the quick sell of the focus to compensate for the jeep. who knows? congrats on the new purchase. I have a smile on my face every time i'm in my cx7, until i get to the pump, but with cuv's, you get what you pay for. I've gotten as high as 24.84 and as low as 18.2. All depends on that right foot. Welcome to Zoom Zoom Nation

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 11-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #14908
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

The car says I'm up to 25.6 with half a tank to go :D

Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #14909
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Man, I want to get back in the swing of things in here but I get depressed every time I look in this thread
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 11-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #14910
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

haha, amen. When I look at it for several days in a row and still the last post was mine. Lame. But understandable. I'm posting a little more on the texas section now as well...but mainly because I'm hoping one of them will be some of my stuff lol Filled up the 3 for the first time the other day. Really floating right around the 28-29 mpg mark now, which is about what I'd get highway in the focus, maybe a little better, but not much. so woohoo.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
daniel+autocross=win!, dans car still runs, twilight