Gump Crew - Page 1490 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: AL, TN, GA

Fanatics: AL, TN, GA Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #14891
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Put the kids to work. Start multiplying them, buy a big piece of land, and teach the wifey to churn butter!
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #14892
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Dead. It's official. I know, it's been said. I still like to check in every few days and see what's new though. Hope all's well with everyone though!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #14893
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I get emails when there are replies to this thread. I check in when I get emails... Which isn't often enough!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #14894
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Poop
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #14895
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

The most recent page of this thread refuses to load for me. Weird.

And I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm seriously considering trading the Focus. At 108k miles, I'm just waiting for something serious to break with it (though I've had no issues to this point aside from replacing the a/c last summer, and my cracked/repaired rim is apparently leaking again lol). That, plus the fact that I only bought the Jeep in the spring because I absolutely had to have something that could drive up hills in the snow, but then was shipped down here to Texas. So considering trading both in on something nearly new with low miles.

Looking at 2010 Mazda3's (squealed the tires on a test drive taking a corner, hehe), and test drove a used 2011 Fiesta last night.

The 3 is quite nice. Grown but still sporty, and though a little more than I'd prefer to pay, I've found an extremely well-equipped one out here that's gorgeous in and out (and ambient lighting inside, that was cool haha).

Anyone else drive a Fiesta yet? It's obviously only a 1.6L and takes a little to get it going, but I still managed to be surprised at how it seemed to get to 80+ fairly easily (nailed it as I started up the ramp, and by the time I was merging on, I found myself slinging across traffic a ways over the speed limit). Actually getting in one only strengthened my already strong opinion of them. My only complaints on the interior was the lacking center arm rest and the billions of buttons on the dash (though I was fairly quickly figuring it out, and I don't think it's as bad as it looks but the number pad makes it look busy/complicated).

Problem is, they totally low-balled me on the Jeep. I've only had it since Feb/Mar so I knew I'd be likely to take a small hit, but geez, they gave me a ridiculous offer. Debating whether to take the car and let them have a look at it as well. If they'd give me 12k between the two (I'd call it 10k/2k in my head lol), I'd be fairly happy, it'd cover my payoff plus a few hundred, and I'd be fairly certain we could reach an agreeable price on the Fiesta or the Mazda.

Fiesta SES, can't recall miles but between 20-30k, nearly loaded from what I could tell (no leather, no sunroof), sticker of $17999, while the 2010 Mazda3 is a higher level trim (not certain what the trim was, Mazda's are sneaky with that), I think was about 23k miles and gorgeous and comfortable.

May be a useless debate in my head though because I think after their preliminary offer of $7500-8000 for my 2004 Wrangler Unlimited (hard top, auto, 95k), I have a hunch they won't come up to $12k even with the Focus. 108k and needs paint on the bumper/hood to look good.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #14896
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Ugh, was hoping it'd load the last page after I posted. They've got $19999 on the 3 also.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #14897
TnFocus
Dumbledore dies?!?!

Fan#: 49496
What I Drive: 05 zx4, 88 rx7 with v8 swap, 69 bug

FF Reputation: 8 TnFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Posted via FF Mobile. I've lost complete intrest in the focus. :(. I just put new brakes and rotors and new alternator. Just because it's my daily driver. I even let my girlfriend drive the other day... And I've never let anyone but family drive it. :/. Guess the focus scenes kinda dead
Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #14898
slocussvt
Uber sexy euro time

Fan#: 17806
What I Drive: 02 Blue SVTF, 00 Black ZX3 (DD)

FF Reputation: 10 slocussvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
We got a Fiesta 4 months ago. We like it. On our trip to Maryland, it said 490 miles to E on our last fuel stop up there. Not bad for only paying $35 for gas.
FF09 bracket racing - 1st place
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #14899
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

2012 Mazda3 w/ the new "skyactiv technology" (6 speed auto and some low compression mess to get 28/38 mpg rather than the 2.0 duratec's 24/32). Going to get it soon as I get the check from the bank. They offered $2800 for the fofo after a full description but without seeing it. They won't get it till tomorrow, hopefully they let me keep it till Fri or Sat when the title gets here from my mom so I have time to try to get a few things off (really just the cosi intake). How easy is it to figure out how the heck the stock intake goes back in?! Lol
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #14900
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

Points 30,480, Level 100
Points: 30,480, Level: 100 Points: 30,480, Level: 100 Points: 30,480, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I'd be really interested with SkyActive technology. Everyone seems to be all over it. Mazda is fairly good about getting things right, but A completely new engine and technology, it'd have me on the iffy side. They'd prolly offer a kickass warranty coverage for being 1 of the first gen. funny thing is, a turbo'd vehicle will consume more fuel that a non-turbo'd vehicle when under load. So if you got a heavy foot, you may not get your 38 mpg. I'm still on the fence about it personally, but i'm trying to get my mom into a twin turbo'd diesel cx5 as those look pretty cool. think Mazda 3 on a SUV platform. Being that it won't be out till next year, i'd like to see how that does before she buys it.

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
daniel+autocross=win! , dans car still runs , twilight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.