Gump Crew - Page 1107 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: AL, TN, GA

Fanatics: AL, TN, GA Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #11061
ShugarL0
bow chicka wow wow

Fan#: 48996
What I Drive: .

FF Reputation: 8 ShugarL0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #11062
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidsteve87 View Post
yeah, great reasons why i see no need to spend the extra money simply to have the latest and greatest when a quite comparable lcd/plasma can be had for several hundred less. with the money saved, my parents could've bought a surround sound system to make up for the poor sound coming from the tv. apparently the samsung led has the speakers on the backside? well due to the location of their tv, it sits at the front of a box-shaped hole in the wall above the mantle. so the sound echos out. it blows. what they make up for with the extra pic quality, to me at least, is completely negated by the horrid sound.
Hence why Samsung makes a soundbar for that TV, 60% of High Def owners have surround sounds hooked into their TV's so hence why Samsung did this with their latest and greatest.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #11063
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
hence why you shouldn't buy a tv with rear mounted speakers if you're not planning on having the sound come from some other source, lol, already presented most of these thoughts to my parents. oh well. they're dumb. i mean hell, my stepdad apparently doesn't even like that 16:9 wide screen ratio simply because some channels/shows aren't formatted to it, so they've got the black to the sides of the picture. he doesn't like that. so instead has the picture setting set to whatever other format, cutting off the top and bottom. SO WHY THE HELL DID YOU WANT THE TV?! whatever. lol.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #11064
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member warneej Excellent Standing Member
hahaha funny....why not get both?

btw my mom and dad do that to theirs as well...drives me CRAZY

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #11065
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
haha my new LG tv also has the "hidden speakers" which are sort of on the bottom on the back. sounds alright for my setup, though i do plan to get surround sound soon enough.

as for the LCD vs LED debate. i know when i was at bestbuy picking out my tv they had mine (LG 55inch LCD) mounted directly over the LG 55inch LED and you could clearly tell a difference. BUT, it wasnt a difference i could justify with the difference is price.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #11066
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump1114 View Post
BUT, it wasnt a difference i could justify with the difference is price.
agreed. but i realize i'm not as crazy as some. i want something good, for sure. but i don't care to spend top dollar for the latest and greatest. i prefer to get the best bang for the buck, because let's be honest, once i've got it home and it's not sitting next to all the other tvs, i'm not going to notice the little it may be lacking in the picture. but i'm still gonna have the extra money in my pocket.

no clue why they didn't buy the sound bar, probably because they were spending 2 grand on a tv already lol but i mentioned a surround system and my mom goes on about how she doesn't want speakers sitting around in the corners and showing, and wires running everywhere...gee, you spent the money on the tv, can't you afford a wireless speaker system? lol oh well. i'm not up here using their tv too often anyways!
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 12-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #11067
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidsteve87 View Post
agreed. but i realize i'm not as crazy as some. i want something good, for sure. but i don't care to spend top dollar for the latest and greatest. i prefer to get the best bang for the buck, because let's be honest, once i've got it home and it's not sitting next to all the other tvs, i'm not going to notice the little it may be lacking in the picture. but i'm still gonna have the extra money in my pocket.

no clue why they didn't buy the sound bar, probably because they were spending 2 grand on a tv already lol but i mentioned a surround system and my mom goes on about how she doesn't want speakers sitting around in the corners and showing, and wires running everywhere...gee, you spent the money on the tv, can't you afford a wireless speaker system? lol oh well. i'm not up here using their tv too often anyways!
yep... i'm more than happy with my new rig... suits me just fine. I get a pretty significant discount on panasonic stuff so i'm thinking of going that route for the surround sound. I can get one of their more top of the line all in one box units for like $300 which has the wireless rear speakers like i want.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #11068
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My tires are on and they blow. Well, not really, but I've been spoiled by my Azenis. The Contis are pretty mushy, springy, and have a tendency to wander a little bit and add slack to the steering wheel. I turned my suspension down because the new tires amplify the bouncing. I probably should have gotten something a little more aggressive but these will suit my purposes of being cheap and long lasting. Car's not very fun any more but at least it still looks sexy. I imagine it will be nice in a torrential downpour which is likely considering my trip to Jacksonville, FL in a couple days.

Hi gump crew.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #11069
Als RS8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53271
What I Drive: maroon lx

FF Reputation: 1 Als RS8 Good Standing Member
how creative that you remember the name of your tire i would be remebering the name of something new on my engine like header or colored spark plugs/oh and i remember you posted in my sega thread and didnt get a chance to talk to you what n64 games do you own?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #11070
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Tires are the single most important part of the car IMO. Well that's a very abstract statement because everything is very important in working together but you catch my drift. They can make or break it.

Too many old Nintendo games to list on SNES and 64 but about half of them are Nintendo franchises. Pretty much all the Donkey Kongs ever, a little Mario, Zelda, Pilotwings etc. And I have a bunch of obscure titles like Space Station SIlicon Valley (awesome, buy it) and Penny Racers.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
daniel+autocross=win! , dans car still runs , twilight
-->