Product Review: Turtle Wax 'ICE' Product Line - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Product Review: Turtle Wax 'ICE' Product Line

I recently was given the opportunity to try out the 'New' Ice line of automotive products by the Turtle Wax company, to which I gladly accepted and would also like to thank. One thing that I always do, when it comes to vehicles I own, is ensure that the exteriors are taken care of properly. A little work goes a long way, not only in paint/exerior protection but also in the future (and current) value of your investment.

I was given the following products to test out and see how they compared to my previous car care procedures/product lines.....

- Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash
- Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar
- Turtle Wax Ice Paste Polish
- Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish
- Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer

This 5 item product line all promotes the as being the only clear polish that wipes off in one easy step, leaving no white residue behind. It can be applied to the entire exterior of the car, while providing exceptional shine.

Turtle Wax Ice Product Line - Click Here

---------------------------------

Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash

First off, I decided to check out the ice car wash product. I noticed lately that, on my 2006 Volvo S40, after using exclusively wand wash carwash bays for the past month, that they do not completely remove the grime from the exterior, which is a commonly known fact. You could still see hand prints on the trunk, doors, etc.

This product worked very efficiently in removing the left over dirt off the exterior. After a wash, the product left the exterior very clean, with minimal effort. For the amount of product I used, I can see one bottle (64oz) lasting for multiples of car washes, as I believe it was one oz. of product to one gallon of water (IIRC).

This product in itself will be in my garage for a long time to come.

Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar

This product really grasped my interest. I have an older (2000) Cavalier which wasn't overally cared for before I purchased it used this past winter. I needed a second car, cheap and effective. Anyway, the surface was quite weathered, almost no shine left, minor tar, sap, just a very 'unsmooth' surface. The product really helped bring the shine back to the clearcoat and also helped remove the majority of the gunk stuck to the paint. The swirl removing agent in this product was exceptional, as other products I've used in the past required alot more work. This product also comes with it's own applicator which is an added and effective bonus. The result was a much more shiny surface, as well as alot smoother. It's is definitely a nice alternative to typical clay bar products.

Turtle Wax Ice Paste Polish

I testing out the paste polish on the Cavalier as typically, at least to me, paste polish offers a very deep protection to a car's exterior. This stuff came with an applicator as well as a microfiber cloth to wipe off the residue. One extremely nice thing this product did was not give you the notorious grief some exterior waxes cause to your exterior trim. For a paste wax, this was one of the best ones I've ever used, very simple and left a nice shine.

Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish

Myself, I've always been a fan of liquid polishes. Most of my vehicles have been showroom 'new' so I've always maintained the factory paint jobs with a liquid polish product. I may be wrong but I've always used 'paste' on older cars or cars that required a serious amount of restoration prior to waxing so based on that assumption, I used this product on the Volvo. One nice touch with this product, is that it promotes that the application can be made in direct sunlight, unlike other waxes. This product, also came with it's own applicator and microfiber cloth. Very simple to use, apply, let dry and wipe off. I noticed that there wasn't as much residue as other liquid products I've used in the past, not sure if I say, for example, didn't require as much or what but it was nice not seeing flects of wax residue being blown by the wind onto freshly waxed surfaces requiring another wiping. As with the Ice Car Wash, this was one of my favorite products.

Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer

Another great product, very simple to use. I've used various products between waxes to help protect and keep the shine on various other vehicles, especially when at car events, shows, etc as a pre-show wipedown. This product performed just as well as any of the others I used but one thing I liked was the spray bottle and pattern. It evenly distributed the product where you sprayed it. This product can also be applied in direct sunlight, which again, is quite rare and boasts a residue free surface on exterior trim and plastic, to which, is 100% correct. Very nice product to use between waxing sessions.

Summary

All in all, the Turtle Wax Ice Product line really impressed me. Some of the key features that I noticed were the lack of visible residue (no white marks afterwards) on any parts of the exterior, the ability to apply the product line in direct sunlight, which always seems to be an issue, especially in the summer weather and a very simple to use approach. The product wasn't 'heavy' for the lack of a better word, leaving minimal effort for the application procedure and removal.

I'd definitely recommend using this product, especially the Ice Car Wash and the Liquid Polish as of all the products I've used in the past, these both performed top notch. I've got a 1980's Black Trans Am, well did up until last week when it got stolen, to which I was going to apply these product to, especially the paste wax and liquid clay bar. Apparently the car may get wrote off but if I do get it back, I'll post some before/after pics of the process at that time.

Definitely give this product line a try, Turtle Wax is and has been an industry leader in exterior protectants for years and years now, and with products like this, will continue to be, well into the future......

Bookmarks & Social Networks