Odd Tail Light Problem - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-08-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
lauber
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49338
What I Drive: 2002 Dark Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lauber Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Odd Tail Light Problem

I recently bought a new pair of euro style tail lights to replace a discontinued style of euro lights that were on when I purchased the car (the cover of the right light flew off while I was driving down the interstate). When I tried to put the new lights on I noticed that the light harness didn't fit into the hole. I was pretty sure at first that the new lights had just been cut wrong or something so I prepared to ship them back (got em on ebay). I asked the seller about the problem but english obviously wasn't their first language. The more I looked into it the more I started to wonder if for some reason my harness wasnt the stock harness. All pictures on the Internet I could find of the entry hole (on all models) looked like the new pair I had bought. They all say they are supposed to be stock compatable, including the pair I have on right now. I'm wondering if anyone can varify if my holsters are stock or not (they do have a Ford stamp on them). There was a focus parked in a lot near mine and I thought about going up to the owner and saying, "Excuse me, do you mind if I take off your tail light?" but didn't... Anyways, take a look below and see what you think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
lauber
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49338
What I Drive: 2002 Dark Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lauber Good Standing Member
Nobody?
Old 08-13-2007, 02:23 AM   #3
Julmen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46255
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Julmen Good Standing Member
Usually after market headlights come with different harness, what kinda tails do you got? TYC? If its tyc i had to get different harness to get them to fit properly. They looked the same, but in the end didnt fit properly go figure
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
josejsanchez
MW2 NE1?

Fan#: 45194
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svtf

FF Reputation: 3 josejsanchez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I Bought Some For My Brothers Truck And The To Put The Reverse Light Bulb In It Didnt Fit So I Scraped Around Where You Twist The Bulb To Stay On And It Fit Good But Not Perfect To Where It Holds.
#910 OF #1978

just call me beaver
Old 08-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Forty
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41955
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Forty Good Standing Member
judgeing by yer pic it looks like yer old light housing may have been moded to get the fixture to fit however this is not the first time I seen or heard of e-bay purchaced upgrades not having the greatest fit and finish. I thought about getting some projector style headlights with the halos but after seeing some of the fit and finish issues with parts friends of mine had with things they bought for thier cars I'm now looking to get ST170 headlights because they are ford parts so remember in most cases you get what you pay for

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->