Code P0705 - Transmission Range Sensor malfunction - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
tekilazo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49279
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tekilazo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation Code P0705 - Transmission Range Sensor malfunction

I have a 2001 Focus ZX3 (SOHC). Automatic Transmission

I got this code P0705 and the tranmsission has been acting up. When I shift to reverse it shifts hard and the backup lights don't come on. Also, when going on 2nd or 3rd and I brake it downshifts hard.

I would like to replace the sensor but looking at the Haynes manual it tells me that I need a special tool. (See attached pic)

If someone tells me how to fix this I will make a "How To" for the forum with pics and everything.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	focus-transaxle-range-senso.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	12693  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
tekilazo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49279
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tekilazo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
:bump:
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.