removing dash pieces - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Ivanr4g63
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46937
What I Drive: 02 sonic blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Ivanr4g63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
removing dash pieces

I'm having a shop paint my interior pieces to match my exterior color and I'm having issues removing the center dash piece that goes around the radio; And the piece from the door handle (inside the car of course).
I believe they just pop-out but I don't want break them.

Any help on this would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
cookiemonster52
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48118
What I Drive: 2004, Liquid Gray, ZTS 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 4 cookiemonster52 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanr4g63 View Post
I'm having a shop paint my interior pieces to match my exterior color and I'm having issues removing the center dash piece that goes around the radio; And the piece from the door handle (inside the car of course).
I believe they just pop-out but I don't want break them.

Any help on this would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance!
The one around the radio does not just pop out. You'll have to remove the radio and behind the radio, you'll see 2 bolts holding the piece on. I've never removed it so I'm not certain if that's all there is to it, but there's definately 2 bolts holding it on.

The pieces on the door handle can just pop out but if youre not careful you can scratch the piece at your point of entry. If you want to be really extra careful you can pop them out with an allen wrench. Under the door handle there's a small square hole. Put the L part of the allen wrench in there and you can pop it out "from the inside."

It's really pretty simple to paint the pieces yourself. If the body shop is charging you more than $20, I'd consider doing it yourself. Go to Autozone or Advance Auto Parts or one of those chains and pick up a can of the color-coded spray paint. I think it's called Duplicolor? The guys there will know what you're talking about. Have them find the match for your car's body paint (they have everything). After that, come back to the forum and look up some of the do-it-yourself interior paintings. It's realllllly easy.
$_COOKIE['monster'] = "Team Duratec #89";

I need some interior trim pieces for 00-04. PM me if you have any!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Ivanr4g63
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46937
What I Drive: 02 sonic blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Ivanr4g63 Good Standing Member
Yeah... Thanks for your advice... very helpful!

And well, Im getting it done for free, I know the guy at the shop so yeah.

Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
Quanz56
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33509
What I Drive: "Kermit"

FF Reputation: 2 Quanz56 Good Standing Member
If you look at the bottom side of your door handles there should be a little hole you can fot a small screwdriver in and you can easily pop off the one side and pull it off the other
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
texassvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18366
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svt

FF Reputation: 1 texassvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
interior trim

how do you get the a/c vents out/off? i want to do some work on the inside of mine as well. also what all do you need or recommend. paint brand, any primer or adhesion etc... needed. thanks

mods: modified exhaust
wayne's tune Xcal1 unit
MSD coil & wires copper plugs, RT cat, FR STS
VF rear trans mount
redline mats, viper alarm, tyc tails
kyowa 17" gunmetal rims with BFG KDW's hoen hid match foglight bulbs
SVT SQUAD #117
Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
JoeTheChessMaster
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 48828
What I Drive: 2001 Black 4 Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 JoeTheChessMaster Good Standing Member
I think I speak for everyone when I ask you to post some pictures of how you're removing all this stuff. I've spent a lot of time trying to find instructions on how to do this and I've gotten nothing. Anyway, I've painting some of my interior. The hardest thing about it is getting the shit out of your car. Painting is easy.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #7
cookiemonster52
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48118
What I Drive: 2004, Liquid Gray, ZTS 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 4 cookiemonster52 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texassvt View Post
how do you get the a/c vents out/off? i want to do some work on the inside of mine as well. also what all do you need or recommend. paint brand, any primer or adhesion etc... needed. thanks
The AC vents just pop out. The dash-colored ring snaps on to the black vent, and they come out together. Once you take the two of them out, you can release the dash-colored ring from the black vent. Be very careful, these are pretty flimsy and can and will snap in half.

The open/close control is part of the black-colored vent. Spin the vent around so you're looking at the back, and you'll see at the top where the open/close control snaps in to place. Pop that out and then the body-colored ring snaps out... If I remember correctly, there's 2 clamps on the top and 1 on the bottom.
$_COOKIE['monster'] = "Team Duratec #89";

I need some interior trim pieces for 00-04. PM me if you have any!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
texassvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18366
What I Drive: 04 cd silver svt

FF Reputation: 1 texassvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
interior

anyone have pics of the a/c vent out of the car? stock or painted, just wanting to see what i am about to get into. thanks

mods: modified exhaust
wayne's tune Xcal1 unit
MSD coil & wires copper plugs, RT cat, FR STS
VF rear trans mount
redline mats, viper alarm, tyc tails
kyowa 17" gunmetal rims with BFG KDW's hoen hid match foglight bulbs
SVT SQUAD #117
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
rolnthdr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 41917
What I Drive: 2000, Gold, Focus LX

FF Reputation: 1 rolnthdr Good Standing Member
Dash trim part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemonster52 View Post
The one around the radio does not just pop out. You'll have to remove the radio and behind the radio, you'll see 2 bolts holding the piece on. I've never removed it so I'm not certain if that's all there is to it, but there's definately 2 bolts holding it on.
I also was searching for information on removing the trim piece and am looking for advice on how to change the heater/AC blower switch as well as the headlight dimmer control switch. I would also like to replace the red/blue rings that light up behind the heater/AC as mine are scratched from fingernails and look bad.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Larry

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->