transmission problems - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1037
What I Drive: 2002 silver se, 2009 blk ses

FF Reputation: 1 johnkos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
transmission problems

I have a 2002 SE sedan. Ford just rebuilt the automatic trans and now it occasionally misses shifting into 3rd gear. Also it is not throwing a code for Ford to pin point the problem. So until I can make it happen while they are in the car i'm told to keep driving. The other day it happened to me 4 times in 15 minutes then just seemed to reset itself and has been fine since. Anyone have a direction for me to pursue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 391
What I Drive: Silver 2003 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slvrfocus03 Good Standing Member
I feel for ya man, i know the feelin on a dealer not being able to find a problem. I don't think it's throwing a code because it sounds like it's more of a mechanical problem other than the computer part of the transmission. But on the other hand, you mentioned something about it resetting itself and being fine after that. It still sounds like more of a mechanical problem if you ask me. As long as you have plenty of warranty left, I would do like they said, just keep on driving it till something serious happens. I know it's a pain in the a*s, but their just goin to keep on giving you the run around and it's goin to make you even more frustrated. Also, another thing you could do is carry it to a different dealer. They might have better knowledge and might work with you better on the problem. All I can say is keep after it till it gets fixed. Hope this can be of help and wish you the best of luck
Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna
Old 10-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1037
What I Drive: 2002 silver se, 2009 blk ses

FF Reputation: 1 johnkos Good Standing Member
Thanks, I'm probably going to buy the extended warranty 6/75000. So I'm not that worried about it. Just hope I or my wife are not far from a tow.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->