Grand Am Update: Barber Motorsports Park - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Grand Am Update: Barber Motorsports Park

All-

A few of you have been following my team in the forums and have seen a few of the videos from Daytona.

Unfortunately, because of family issues, I haven't been able to get out with the team since the Homestead race and likely will sit out the rest of the season.

Still, I get updates. Thought you might like to hear a little of how we did.

From the team principle:

All things considered things went pretty well at Barber Motorsports Park this past weekend.

Crewing for this race were: Drew, Bryan, Ken and Pepper (Ken's wife), Tom Beverly, George Owen, Rob Coch, Rodney, Ann, and Paul and Ted as drivers.

We went for the test day on Thursday to get familiar with the track. This is a first class track. It also has a very substantial museum of motorcycles and race cars, mostly cycles which was the venue for the Saturday evening dinner sponsored by Sun Trust Bank.

The track is very interesting and has a lot of switch backs, blind apexes and off camber turns. There are also several turns where the car is off weighted at the exit.

Our car averaged about 85 mph and we never got higher than 4th gear and in one corner, as low as 2nd. The car held up well, but we are down on power.

It was hot on race day for the race, about 103 on pit road. We gradually improved lap times but in the end were toward the back of the field. Considering that we are down on power, our performance was respectable. We finished 15th.

We are making plans for the next outing which may or may not be sooner that the VIR race October 5-6.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks