Noise from Rear Suspension (i'm new) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
Ryan07se

Fan#:
Noise from Rear Suspension (i'm new)

Just curious... i've only put 2000km on my focus so far, and i hear cluncks (not very loud) and squeeks coming from the rear fo the vehical. At slow speeds when goving over bumps or going onto hills.. the rear seems to sqeek (like a flex sound).

Is all of this normal for a focus? or should i become the ford dealerships friend.

:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
mine does the same thing, the back shocks are really wierd, mine bottoms out all the time, if you can is it both sides or just 1 side?

my back drivers must be off cuz thats the only 1 that i have a problem with and ford didnt do anything, but go to a flat area and look at both sides and see if one has more wheel gap then the other, i think alot of the 07s rear ends arent level or something
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Grumpy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43791
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 28 Grumpy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It is under warranty and you might not want to, but get to the dealer so at least there's a record of it, which might be useful for the future and you never know........maybe they may actually "click" on what the cause is and fix it. It ain't normal. My '05 has never made noises (except for a noise caused by the trunk liner).
Old 07-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Ryan07se

Fan#:
Hmm... I probably should give them a call and book it in... theres a few bugs I want fixed

- the insert in the passenger side door handle (weird shapped vinyl) - loose
- passenger side holy shit handle is loose
- center on steering wheel isn't straight (i got this will all 5 fords i've owned)
- cd player is leaving circular scratches on cds...

i guess adding sounds from the rear suspension is just one more item for them to look at.

I bet ford hates me... :) back in the day i managed to get them to replace the entire bottom half of the engine of my Ford Probe GT... after they couldn't fix a knock on the 3rd time.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Grumpy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43791
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 28 Grumpy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Actually I found SB # 06-25-2 listed for your '07 that might address the clunk in the rear suspension. Unfortunately Fords do tend to have "squeaky" and loose interior plastic parts from time to time. Mine has a slightly loose/squeaky driver door grab handle (inner half) and it had a mis-located power mirror switch (which I easily fixed), but so far I haven't found any other issues. The Mexican assembled cars like mine seem to have less quality issues at least with the interiors than some of the later cars assembled in the Wayne Ind. plant I think it is. I had looked at a new '07 last year just before I bought my used '05 and I thought that some of the interior plastic parts looked cheaper (more flashing etc.) than on my '05. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Ryan07se

Fan#:
I drove a lot of focus loaners over the years... and i did notice that it seemed my 07 focus had a cheaper plastic for the dash.

Bookmarks & Social Networks