Aftermarket suspension for '07 Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
RPZX5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 48781
What I Drive: 2007 Aqua Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 RPZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aftermarket suspension for '07 Focus

Why does it seem that there are fewer aftermarket suspension components or none at all like an SVT conversion available for the 2007 Focus? Did all the aftermarket stuff end in 2005? I have a 2002 ZX5 and have done all the suspension mods but now I have an ’07 and there is a veritable wasteland when it comes to finding manufacturers who offer components or kits for 2006-2007. I thought I would be able to put an SVT suspension on the ’07 but that is out of the question.

Other than Eibach is there any other manufacturer of aftermarket suspension pieces for 2007 Focuses?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Ford racing has some pieces (springs and shocks). H&R says they have some pieces available for the 06 and 07 on their web site, but FF members say they're hard to track down.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
eddiebrock71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34286
FF Reputation: 1 eddiebrock71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford is BS

Stupid Ford changed the suspension in the front in the 2nd series of 2006 focuses. Not much out there. If you want the full option, convert the front end to 2005 spec, and then you can use anything. For now your options, are Eibach springs, Ford Racing spings and shocks, tokicko shocks. And now H&R supposedly has a matched kit.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
remusrm
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1250
What I Drive: 09 MS3

FF Reputation: 1 remusrm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Ford racing has some pieces (springs and shocks). H&R says they have some pieces available for the 06 and 07 on their web site, but FF members say they're hard to track down.
geezer is full of it... there is NONE from HR for the 06 and up... 0. I called and they tell me is in RND, the website shows them but they do not have it. It should be out later this year or next year. Only eibach, intrax and ford racing has springs. shocks are only limited to stock, ford racing(really good) and tokico(never get this, they are crap). I have pretty much tested them all, and i can tell you, prokit with ford racing shocks or ford racing springs and ford racing shock is the best what is available now. You can get any rear shocks since they fit. Everything else does fit if you change the spindles...

PS: do not get the sportlines, they are too low and to soft initially since they are progressive and will only cause you more problems with strut bearings and strut mounts. had to change those twice since was too low and bottomed out like a mofo... I sped around 2k for parts and labor to figure out what was best. So far prokit springs and FRPP spring with FRPP shocks...

BUT NOW I GOT A MS3!!!
294hp/356tq he he:-)
Old 07-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
flux107
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48566
What I Drive: 2007 Black ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 flux107 Good Standing Member
so there arent any coil-over kits for 07's yet either ???
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux107 View Post
so there arent any coil-over kits for 07's yet either ???
yes there is... i came across a thread i believe in the duratec section... there's a company thats based in austrailia but has a dist. in canada and they make coilovers for the 06+
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
geezer is full of it... there is NONE from HR for the 06 and up... 0. I called and they tell me is in RND, the website shows them but they do not have it. It should be out later this year or next year. Only eibach, intrax and ford racing has springs. shocks are only limited to stock, ford racing(really good) and tokico(never get this, they are crap). I have pretty much tested them all, and i can tell you, prokit with ford racing shocks or ford racing springs and ford racing shock is the best what is available now. You can get any rear shocks since they fit. Everything else does fit if you change the spindles...

PS: do not get the sportlines, they are too low and to soft initially since they are progressive and will only cause you more problems with strut bearings and strut mounts. had to change those twice since was too low and bottomed out like a mofo... I sped around 2k for parts and labor to figure out what was best. So far prokit springs and FRPP spring with FRPP shocks...

Did you read my reply!!!! I specifically said they have been hard to track down. Hell you don't even know for sure when they will be available. Could be tommorrow could be next month for all we know. Since H&R is advertising them I have to assume they are near production. It would be silly for them to advertise something they have no intention of making available in a reasonable time period.

Your boosting of spending 2K on your suspension pieces has been the result of ignorance. You were advised long ago that certain combinations you choose would not work but you choose to ignore that advise.

By the way, Tokicos are a great shock IF YOU MATCH THEM WITH THE CORRECT SPRINGS....WHICH YOU DID NOT. Quite telling people they are junk because as much as I hate to say it, you do not know what you are talking about otherwise you wouldn't have made the blunders you have done to date. Hopefully you have learned something from them.

(apologies to others for this rant)
Old 07-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
remusrm
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
By the way, Tokicos are a great shock IF YOU MATCH THEM WITH THE CORRECT SPRINGS....WHICH YOU DID NOT. Quite telling people they are junk because as much as I hate to say it, you do not know what you are talking about otherwise you wouldn't have made the blunders you have done to date. Hopefully you have learned something from them.

(apologies to others for this rant)
Can you tell us what should we match it to? I had my stock shocks on the back for over 3k and they were better then the tokico. Look I am not picking on you, but most of your answers do not provide a solution, just confusion. More like a politicians answers. Case in point the above statement. I got the tokico since everyone said they will much better then stock and was based on advice from this forum, found out they were crap. As I have to say it again... I had tokico with sportline and they were toast, then got new ones when I put the prokit and went out aswell. I now have the FRPP and it seem promising. I do not doubt that maybe they were great at somepoint, but now they are not, and they are not in this application, the focus. I still believe it has to do with the rebound rate being to slow. I did look at other shocks, monroe, kyb, eibach shocks at different stores, just to find out, and they all had the release, rather from fully compressed to full extention of the rod coming out faster. THis is for the 99-05 focus shocks. Myabe they decided to be for an OEM replacement, and talked to them and all that. Now my tokicos are back at the company for testing since is the second time they fail. They are offerering me new ones, but I try to push for credit.

BUT NOW I GOT A MS3!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
remusrm
Focus Addict

BTW... called HR today and they told me the springs are out of RnD. They should see some if the next bin as they said it, would include a shipment of the new springs. No word for shocks, only Race and Sport springs. So again, not much choise for shocks for the focus.

BUT NOW I GOT A MS3!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

As I told you sometime ago, the Tokicos are a step up from a OEM replacement shock. I told you they were not designed to handle significant spring rate increases, but that is what you asked them to do (with the springs you selected) and they failed. I don't know how I could have given you any better advise.

Using the springs you used as examples, The pros are 24.5% stiffer in front and 35.7% stiffer in the rear than stock. That's significant.

The sportlines are more so. The fronts ranges from a 19.1 to 138.1% increase in the front and a -19 % reduction to 35.7% increase in the rear as a result of the progressive rates. These numbers (the spring rates) are readily available to you on this site. The rest is simple math and common sense.

Bookmarks & Social Networks