Seat replacement questions - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
aldur99
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26329
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW Liquid Grey Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 aldur99 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Seat replacement questions

I know do a search. I did. No conclusive answers to my questions. Here it goes:

1) Are seats with side air bags clearly marked on the seat? Mine do not have any markings, but when inspecting the seat I noticed two wires going up the side of the seat from the seat harness, also two other wires leaving the harness and terminating in a plastic piece attached to the seat rail.

2) To avoid the dreaded srs light from blinking, do I need to cut the harness from the orginal seat and attach to the aftermarket seat?

3) And finally, what kind of bolts/nuts should I be using to attach the aftermarket bracket/seat belt receptor/seat rails to each other?

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
JFocus82
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46746
What I Drive: 02 Dark Shadow Grey Focus zx3

FF Reputation: 3 JFocus82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Hmm i dont think they have side airbags, but when I changed to aftermarket seats i jsut took the waires/harness and put it on the bottom of the new seats. It is basiacally the SRS sytem and the light shouldn't come on i dont believe.
For the belts i used the original bolts that were on the original seats. not usre if that is what you are talking about and i used the ones that came on the seats to bolt them to the bracket etc. all original hardware.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
ottergt
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 49044
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ottergt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
JFoucs82:

Seats with side airbags are clearly marked from the factory, with either a tag sewn into the seat, or with an embossment on the side AFAIK. If you don't have the tags, you likely don't have SABs.

If you bought your car used, I suppose they could've deployed, and been replaced with a non-SAB cover. Or perhaps the supplier put the wrong covers on.

Feel along the side of the seat (press your fingers into the fabric)...You can probably feel the hole in the foam for the airbag, or the airbag itself.

--Otter
Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
miniboon
Dehawkified

Fan#: 35233
What I Drive: 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS

FF Reputation: 42 miniboon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i cant answer the airbag question any better, but as for the rest...when you get a new seat, it won't come with the seatbelt clip. On the focus, it is attached to the seat, so you will have to unbolt it and remove it. It will have some wires running from it to the bottom of the seat, and into a little electrical harness. Just unplug it and seperate it from the old seat. the new seat probably wont have anywhere to attach it (mine didnt) so i just bolted it onto the rear right mounting point, under the seat mount. It's a little PITA, but it works. Just plug the wires back into the harness and you are set with the seatbelt. Depending on the type of seat you got, most companies will sell a hardware kit (seperately from the seat) that includes all the hardware needed to install a seat (and its high quality stuff). I bought that with my seat, but you should be able to just use the factory bolts if you want.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
aldur99
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26329
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW Liquid Grey Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 aldur99 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the replies. The seats are installed and no seatbelt or abs lights on the dash.

Bookmarks & Social Networks