fuel return set-up - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 AM   #31
700whpfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40899
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 twillight blue focus

FF Reputation: 2 700whpfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
i am wondering............what if u had left the check valve in place and rplaced your lines with the efi lines. whould it help with the starving of fuel you have when the tank is less than half............(with that heavy right foot in place). i know u can drive the car with 1/2 tank and less. you can press it or ..........you will more likely run lean. would keeping that checkvalve in place help? what about removing the stock efi line with 3/8 efi line......... baffeles in the fuel tank.......i know some fuel cells carry this due to the fuel being forced back under acceleration or cornering"hard". i changed my 2000 pump before there was the so called"recall". i was given a 2001 or 2002 focus fuel pump. the dealership said"they made modifications for the pump" . yeah right. i had to shell out over $232 for it in 2003. i changed the lines to 3/8 efi. i did not remove the check valve. i love my focus. we as a group need to combine and keep ideas floating. let's all not be stingy and hide info. that is how we all learn and have fun with our car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
Zx3'dUrSvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40333
What I Drive: '01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Zx3'dUrSvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
THIS IS GREAT! do you even need a BAP now?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #33
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tls_bmx View Post
where did you say you got these parts? cfm?
I ordered all of my parts from cfm.
Quote:
http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=12

is this the fuel pressure regulator you are using? if not can you give us a link? and if so it is spelled wrong on your 1st page. if you type that in you get aircraft fuel pressure regulators, lol. "airmotive" instead of aeromotive, lol
Today 10:05 AM
Yep thats the one i have.... again you proved me wrong and that i cant spell...

Quote:
i am wondering............what if u had left the check valve in place and rplaced your lines with the efi lines. whould it help with the starving of fuel you have when the tank is less than half............(with that heavy right foot in place). i know u can drive the car with 1/2 tank and less. you can press it or ..........you will more likely run lean. would keeping that checkvalve in place help? what about removing the stock efi line with 3/8 efi line......... baffeles in the fuel tank.......i know some fuel cells carry this due to the fuel being forced back under acceleration or cornering"hard". i changed my 2000 pump before there was the so called"recall". i was given a 2001 or 2002 focus fuel pump. the dealership said"they made modifications for the pump" . yeah right. i had to shell out over $232 for it in 2003. i changed the lines to 3/8 efi. i did not remove the check valve. i love my focus. we as a group need to combine and keep ideas floating. let's all not be stingy and hide info. that is how we all learn and have fun with our car.
If you dont remove the check valve, then the pressure will never reach what you want it to... Now i dont know if this will work but my idea that i had was hook your return line to the line that goes into the canister. I thought about trying it but i kinda needed my car back so i just did it this way.... Any one think that that would work?

Quote:
THIS IS GREAT! do you even need a BAP now?
Tom says no but i havent tried yet I just got her back yesterday... He said i could probably disconnect it but im too scared to....
Old 07-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #34
triguy011
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34761
What I Drive: 2006 ST

FF Reputation: 1 triguy011 Good Standing Member
I thought i read in another post your set up could only be run with 3/4 of a tank or more, is this true? It seems like a good fix but my car is a daily driver and that would be a pain.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #35
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguy011 View Post
I thought i read in another post your set up could only be run with 3/4 of a tank or more, is this true? It seems like a good fix but my car is a daily driver and that would be a pain.
Mine is a daily driver as well and that is not true. u can drive it just fine all the way down to 1/4 (well that is as far as i have gone) and it ran just fine (just not on hard acceleration) I havent tried it at 1/2 tank yet ill have to let you know about that one....
Old 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #36
triguy011
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34761
What I Drive: 2006 ST

FF Reputation: 1 triguy011 Good Standing Member
How long did it take you to do the install? Why didnt you put a gauge in the cabin vs on top of the regulator? By the way, it looks great!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #37
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguy011 View Post
How long did it take you to do the install? Why didnt you put a gauge in the cabin vs on top of the regulator? By the way, it looks great!
Honestly i think it only took about a day but like i said i wa trying to figure it out as i went along... now i could prob do it in a few hours. and the reason for the gauge not in the cabin is if the line ruptured then i would have fuel in my cabin..... dont want that... But i just heard about this new type of gauge for stuff like that it uses some other type of fluid to transfer the pressure readings... not sure how it works yet have to do more homework on this....
Old 07-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #38
1turbozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15014
FF Reputation: 1 1turbozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
or you could just buy a electric fuel pressure gauge they come with a sending unit only a few wires come into the cabin ;)
Old 07-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #39
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!

Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: Miata, STi, GSXR1k

FF Reputation: 54 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
"If you dont remove the check valve, then the pressure will never reach what you want it to... Now i dont know if this will work but my idea that i had was hook your return line to the line that goes into the canister. I thought about trying it but i kinda needed my car back so i just did it this way.... Any one think that that would work?"

^^^i wonder if that would help. at least for a little while. you would eventually use up the fuel that is coming from the return line also and end up in the same spot though.

as far as the bap goes. couldnt you slowly turn down the voltage that it is adding to the pump and see how it goes. i dont have a bap so i dont know about the adjustments that it has. but if you could do that then it would be easier for your peace of mind than just taking it off and hoping it is going to be ok. i would like to know weather i will need it or not. if no one knows by the time i get ready to do my set up i will just buy one and not take it out of the package until we have it at tom's and he says well you need a bap, lol.

you could get a electronic fuel pressure gauge if you wanted to spend 4 times the price. it seems like it would be easier to make the adjustments to the fuel pressure regulator with the gauge under the hood with you any way, lol.

i couldnt find the fuel pressure regulator on cfm. i done a search with no results.

facebook.com/TurboTurtleGarage
TurboTurtleFab@gmail.com
Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #40
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

I called william at cfm and he ordered everything i need.... about the electronic fuel pressure guages, they are not very prescise i know the electronic oil gauge i had for a while was way off and i got a new sending unit and it was still way off. so i just use the manual ones.. they are always way more on the money....

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->