Help me Tell Ford they are WRONG - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
scalderon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9988
What I Drive: 2001 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 5 scalderon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Help me Tell Ford they are WRONG

ok, so finally got around to taking the car to get the fuel pump recall. Of course, the dealership is telling me that its because of the non-oem spark plugs and that the egr sensor and hoses is what is causing the problem, and of course this is like $400 according to them. I know that its not that, because it was doing before the plugs were changed, it was like 2004-2005 and the plugs were just replaced like 3 months ago.

I have the Extended Warranty Letter that Ford put out to the dealers, and it says "dealers should replace the fuel pump unless there is clear evidence that the symptoms are SOLELY caused by some other component". I dont think that this is the case here, I will be going withing like the next 2 hours, so please give me some more ammo to go fight them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
scalderon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9988
What I Drive: 2001 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 5 scalderon Good Standing Member
come on, there has to be somebody that went trough this.....
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
jeepinbanditrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47949
What I Drive: 2004 Saturn Ion Redline

FF Reputation: 1 jeepinbanditrider Good Standing Member
Easy if the car hasn't had the recall done they should do it simple as that. The stuff they are describing has NOTHING to do with the fuel pump. If there is a recall on it they HAVE to fix it pretty simple.
ZETEC CREW #160
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
cronus1987
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47599
What I Drive: 2004 Focus SVT InfraRed

FF Reputation: 5 cronus1987 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i haven't gone through that personally, but i know how dealerships are with not wanting to do the work they are supposed to do. If they are giving you shit about it tell them to put some OEM spark plugs in and see if the problem is still there. Just logically explain it to them and make them feel stupid for thinking it's a spark plug problem.

Official Mayo Hater #3
Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
jeepinbanditrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47949
What I Drive: 2004 Saturn Ion Redline

FF Reputation: 1 jeepinbanditrider Good Standing Member
Either that or threaten to call the regional service rep.
ZETEC CREW #160
Old 06-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
DURATECoftheDesert
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
Easy if the car hasn't had the recall done they should do it simple as that. The stuff they are describing has NOTHING to do with the fuel pump. If there is a recall on it they HAVE to fix it pretty simple.
That's true, there just making random pissed off remarks that U quote "altered" the car; In to making that thats it's problem.

U should kick there ass for even saying that stupid solution, ur better off taking the car to a small business shop where thay know that "altered" cars are accepted there.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
FOCUS ZTS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5840
What I Drive: Burned 300hp Turboed black 00 ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 FOCUS ZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I have a 2nd build eng with a 2nd tranny with a turbo on my car and they changed my pump no prob. 3 months ago, i have a 2000 zts, if there is a prob with it then they will change it if there is nothing wrong with it they will not. Did you get a letter in the mail about the pump? Go to another dealer and just tell them that when your tank has 1/4 of a tank it hesitates on sharp turns. Don't tell them what you have done to the car. Thats what i did and nothing.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
00focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i had mine replaced 3 times at no charge to me!!! the last time i bought an aftermarket pump and they paid labor....

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
go to a different dealer.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 235,159, Level 100
Points: 235,159, Level: 100 Points: 235,159, Level: 100 Points: 235,159, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^^^ I"ll second that. If its a recall and it hasn't been done, they need to do it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.